New Robotech Series

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

As is mine.....Pretel us this new series my good man!
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

oh they are anouncing yet another "new" robotech series? this makes what 5 since they cancled sentinals?
冠双
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Just 2 since the Sentinels.

Oddessy didn't make it far enough to be considered a series, so that only leaves RT3K, which reached a point similar to Sentinels of having work done and then being wound up, and Shadow Force...which we have absolutely no idea where it's at.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Ill believe it when I see it. See how long it takes them to find a reason to dump this one before it begins
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

can't the just finish sentenels?
Munchkin Cat Minion
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

There is no doubt that the ROBOTECH SHAWDOW FORCE is currently in production. Small hints have been leaked for the past year or so that things were definatly "in production." That fact that it has been "officially" announced on robotech.com means to me that HG is serious about this project. I have a funny feeling that HG is farther along on this project then many of us anticipate.

I certainly cannot wait!!!

....................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:can't the just finish sentenels?

It's not impossible, but after the hurt the death of the Sentinels caused them along with HG's conntinuity tightening, they've said that while they might release a series that explains what happened to Rick and co after Macross and before the end of New Gen, it won't be a continuation of Sentinels.

It probably won't even be anything like the Sentinels, or use the concepts or characters from it.
Omote
Explorer

Unread post by Omote »

Cyclone wrote:...they've said that while they might release a series that explains what happened to Rick and co after Macross and before the end of New Gen, it won't be a continuation of Sentinels.

It probably won't even be anything like the Sentinels, or use the concepts or characters from it.

I'd like to see how they describe what happens to the Hunters and the SDF-3 now that the Sentinels has been completely cut from the line. The "Sentinels" arc still makes sense and is a good story... why get rid of it?

.........................................Omote
FPQ
VAY VICTUS!
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Omote wrote:
I'd like to see how they describe what happens to the Hunters and the SDF-3 now that the Sentinels has been completely cut from the line. The "Sentinels" arc still makes sense and is a good story... why get rid of it?

Because HG never had a Sentinels arc.

90 minutes of footage do not an arc make.

Another reason is because there are too many versions of the Sentinels, and they don't like how any turned out, and none allowed them to extend the series in the manner they prefered.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I am with Marcantony on this. I shall wait until this is confirmed.

Besides, we need a link to the news release.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

BookWyrm wrote:I am with Marcantony on this. I shall wait until this is confirmed.

Besides, we need a link to the news release.

That all?

http://www.robotech.com/series/?seriescode=NEW
http://www.robotech.com/series/?seriescode=SHF

or if you want to go there yourself, the "Coming Soon" button under the main masthead on site.

But you need to be logged into RT.com/Actually be a RT.com member to click on the link.
Omote
Explorer

Unread post by Omote »

Cyclone wrote:
Omote wrote:

Because HG never had a Sentinels arc.

90 minutes of footage do not an arc make.

Another reason is because there are too many versions of the Sentinels, and they don't like how any turned out, and none allowed them to extend the series in the manner they prefered.

So then based on the "official" time line, what are we supposed to believe happened when the SDF-3 left the earth? Is the new general theory that NOBODY knows what happened to the SDF-3 anymore? And what about the rest of the REF that returned from Tirol during the last epsiodes of the New generation? What were they supposed to be doing?

Or according to OFFICIAL ROBOTECH CANON, now is the story of the SDF-3 and her mission to Tirol just an "untold Story" now?

............................Omote
FPQ
VAY VICTUS!
Hav0k
Wanderer

Unread post by Hav0k »

Omote wrote:So then based on the "official" time line, what are we supposed to believe happened when the SDF-3 left the earth? Is the new general theory that NOBODY knows what happened to the SDF-3 anymore? And what about the rest of the REF that returned from Tirol during the last epsiodes of the New generation? What were they supposed to be doing?

Or according to OFFICIAL ROBOTECH CANON, now is the story of the SDF-3 and her mission to Tirol just an "untold Story" now?

Well, asked the same question on other forums, since to me this has always been very confusing.

You have:
- 4 episodes
- Eternity comic seriers
- McKinney Novels
- Others....

All of them push The Sentinels story in one way or another. But apparently *none* of these are canon or even HG approved.

Then what really happened to the SDF-3 after leaving Earth? Does the planet "Karbarra" even exist? What about all the theories, stories, characters? During the 4 episodes it was *never* stated what "The Sentinels" were, so how do we know it as a group of alien "freedom fighters"???

Just guessing... :?:
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Zerebus wrote:Hell, we don't even know if the SDF-3 ever reached Tyrol.

Very true. If we go simply on the information that we know from Robotech, the UEF has to search for it as of the end of The Macross Saga. The little info we get in The Robotech Masters certainly doesn't show them to have found Tirol, otherwise wouldn't the forces from the Pioneer Mission have given information aide to the home forces? Lastly, in The New Generation we are told simply that the REF was sent out to find the homeworld of the Robotech Masters.
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Omote wrote:Or according to OFFICIAL ROBOTECH CANON, now is the story of the SDF-3 and her mission to Tirol just an "untold Story" now?

At it's most basic, Yes.

As Red pointed out, all we know to be canon is the hints provided in the original 85 eps and the new comics, and while some join up with the existing Sentinels, much is still unclear.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Either way a new series will be believed when it is seen
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Geronimo wrote:Ugh... please god no..
I'd realy prefer to see a proper Macross release and get the Non Macross stuff out of there..
MOSPEDA was awesome, but deserves to be taken seperately on it's own merits.

You can now get subbed versions of all three series if you want to see the orginal versions.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

I'm just hoping that Macross 7 doesn't get redubbed into a new season of Robotech...

Considering the extreme visual disparity between Robotech in 2044 and Macross in 2045, its impossible to fit it into Robotech...thank God.
Last edited by Rabid Southern Cross Fan on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Zerebus wrote:Besides, Macross 7 in Robotech would give too much legitimacy to Lancer's Rockers... :D

Heh....there is that too. :D
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

So is Macross Zero old news here? Because I definately enjoyed that one. CG Veritech's and Destroids looked great...
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

Macross Zero is when they are just developing the veritech fighters, so you get to see the advancements, and some of the characters are familiar like Roy Fokker.

As to the show itself I could only ever find 3 episodes and the third one I got was subbed in Portugese... 8[ I've still watched it 2-3 times as there is an attack on an aircraft carrier by several veritech types, and Fokker comes out in what is obviously the forerunner of the armored veritech, supported by several destroids. Too bad about the destroids, but we didn't really expect them to win did we?
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

NoJack wrote:So is Macross Zero old news here? Because I definately enjoyed that one. CG Veritech's and Destroids looked great...

I have greatly enjoyed the episodes of Macross Zero that I have been able to get my hands on.

I have yet to pass judgment on the story line because I am waiting to see the rest of the episodes; although I am still enjoying it.
Omote
Explorer

Unread post by Omote »

Speaking of Macross Zero, God I would love to see an Official Robotech series devoted to the time of "the Visitor" all the way up to the launch of the SDF-3!

Robotech Zero anyone!

...............................Omote
FPQ
VAY VICTUS!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

To heck with Macross Zero. From what Ive seen so far, the series sucks. Besides, there is enough Macross in Robotech as it is. No more is needed.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zerebus wrote:I'm just hoping that Macross 7 doesn't get redubbed into a new season of Robotech...

Granted, that may be the only way for us to get that anime here in America on a DVD release...

hey, I loved Macross 7. :) I'm for it getting to america in any way, even if it DOES mean slapping the Robotech label on it.

I just hope they get a good band to do the music, and DON'T try the crap that is English Fire in the show, it'd ruin it. :frazz:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:To heck with Macross Zero. From what Ive seen so far, the series sucks. Besides, there is enough Macross in Robotech as it is. No more is needed.

Really? And here I thought one episode of the craptacular southern cross was one too many. But there you go
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Avoiding series dislike bias, and I make it clear upfront I also I find there is 200% more Macross than needed in any series let alone Robotech already, I'd be scared of a "Robotech Zero" prequel series.

After all, the most recent and canon comic series to cover that era "From the Stars" doesn't inspire great hope for a animated series from the same minds...
Omote
Explorer

Unread post by Omote »

Cyclone wrote:Avoiding series dislike bias, and I make it clear upfront I also I find there is 200% more Macross than needed in any series let alone Robotech already, I'd be scared of a "Robotech Zero" prequel series.

After all, the most recent and canon comic series to cover that era "From the Stars" doesn't inspire great hope for a animated series from the same minds...

Agreed. However, in reading the first couple of chapters in the McKinny Robotech I novel, I have to admit that those are some pretty cool ideas. For those of you that havn't read, the first couple of chaperts tell about the Launch of Zor's ship to earth and what was happeneing at the time. The next chapter deals with "The Visitor" arriving on earth in the middle of the GCW. A team of scientists and marines is dispatched to investigate... I thought those chapters absolutly rocked!

Take us all the way up to (at least) the espiode where Roy and Claudia meet on that Airbase in Denver. I'd love to know more about what Roy & Co were doing at that base in the middle of Colorado. More GCW goodness? perhaps. I think focusing on Roy Fokkers character from the Arrival, up to the launch of the SDF-1 would be a great story.

H3ll, even if they would animate the comic "From The Stars," to a series, I'd take it.

.............................Omote
FPQ
VAY VICTUS!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”