Mecha Name Issue...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Robotech Masters:
Sky Sled BLANK
Third Generation Designs Robotech Master Triumviroid BLANK

The Skysled is the Biover
The Triumviroid is the Invid Fighter Bioroid

There is also the Advanced Soldier and Advanced Commander Bioroids that appeared in the opening animation for SDC: Southern Cross and was recycled for The Sentinels opening (probably reused for the Remastered Robotech Masters opening as well). The Advanced Soldier is a dark blue/purple while the commander is a yellow-khaki. BTW....Palladium misidentified the Advanced Soldier as the Bioroid non-combat Worker.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Mecha Name Issue...

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:OOC WARNING!!!

This isn't an in-character forum, all posts are automatically assumed to be OOC by definition, except in topics like Taffy's school of armored warfare. ;)
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

There are no "official" names for the Bioroids...other than their designations like Soldier, Subcommander, Commander, Scout, Advanced Soldier and Advanced Commander.

The one thing to realise is that they have generally been classified by coloration, though this is disproven in the animation. What we call the Subcommander is seen in both Green and Red. The Commander and the Invid Fighter Bioroid are both red.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:Ok, let me rephrase the question... What are the Tiresean translations for these terms?

Thats the million dollar question. Unlike many, I dont buy The Sentinels plot device that Tirolian and Zentraedi are the same language nor are they simply dialects of one another. To the best of my knowledge, no one has sat down and done what Bill Spangler did and create the Tirolian language. I'm half tempted to try it myself...but I need to study up on Philology to do it. That and I would have to find some Earth language to base it upon. Anyone out there in Tv land talk to Bill Spangler or know how to get ahold of him so we can find out how he created Zentraedi?

So, to make a long answer short...we don't know of any right now.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”