Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:24 pm

Explorer

Damage Control (DC for short) is the controlling of fires, flooding, and atmospheric escape on ships.

Lacking any kind of DC rules, I kind of came up with some on my own. It works simply enough: For flooding and atmospheric escape, you plug the hole. Though it won't totally stop the causality, it can slow it down to where the water can be pumped out, or the atmospher (in suffeciently critical compartments) can be replaced. Additionally, you only have to keep it plug untill a full-breach patch can be tack-welded over it to permantly seal it.

Fire, on the other hand, is a little harder. Assuming the pc is "armed" with a fire hose, fire's base to hit is 10+1D4 to start. The player rolls his/her D20, and having rolled OVER the base, rolls 1D4. the diffrence is then subtracted form the base for every SUCCESSFUL turn. For each 2nd CONSECUTIVE unseccesful action, add 1D4 to base to hit.

Example: I am entering and engine room on fire. The base is 12, and I roll a 10, with +4 strike. Rolling a D4 I get a 1. The base in now 11. Now I roll a pair of 2's. Damn... The fire grows, gaining +4 to be a 15. I now roll a pair of 12's, +4 to strike, making a pair of 16's, and on each roll 4's. The base is now 7. Adding pressure I add a second fire team, and between us get the fire out.

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes me to get banned.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot; They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mack

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:05 am

Explorer

Le me guess? To complicated for the speed we like to play at?

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes me to get banned.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot; They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mack

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:49 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
More likely msot of us don't usually bother with a more realistic fleet combat element like damage control.

It's not a bad idea to have the rules out there for someone who might actualyl want to use them though.

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.