Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:12 pm

Explorer

This is a POSSIBLE list of non-Robotech material you COULD concievably put in your game. It's only acurate up to the start of Invid Invasion, when things "change."

Mutants: While mutants (such as TNMT) COULD easily be included, it should have an extensive back story; Assuming normal writing characterisitcs of roughly 500 words a page, the back story should be AT LEAST 3 pages long (handwritten).

N&SS: Actually, this is readily adaptable, except for some of the mysticism and bio-mechanical tec (which is explained later).

Beyond the Supernatural and other "pychic/magic" games: A little harder to fit in from Macross to Southern Cross; However, as a "secret society" of magic and pychic students, one or two members of which join the RDF/ASC/REF, it could be worked in. Offesive spells/abilities however, should be cut.

Cyborgs: Limited versions of this technology already exist; However, it should be limited to simply replacement of pre-existant abilities, and not to buffer or augment natural abilities.

Cyborg; Juicer and Crazy variant: Juicer tech is conceivably possible IRL, but should be brought down in power by about 25%. Crazy tech, while theoretically possible in aout 100 years, is not currently even forseeable as a "real" technology, and I submit that it should NOT be allowed.

Cybernetics: Again, limited versions already exist, but it should be limited so as not to buffer or augment natural abilities. Cyberjacks, however, are theoretically possible in about 10 ears (there's some medical firm that did proto-cyberjack tech expiriments about 5 years ago, aimed at Alhiemrs treatment). If allowed, therefore, it should require an extensive backstory explaining how it came to be, and be one-of-a-kind tech (or only available through one, highly elite, outfit).

"New" hardware (such as Rifts R/PA's, body armor, and weapons): These can ALWAYS be worked in, thouh it's easiest to say that they are one-of-a-kind or HIGHLY limited supply models. MDC should probably be reduced by 10% as well for armor, and weapons damage reduced by 25-30%, but range increased by 50%.

"New" Warships: Warships, as in the terestial type (the kind that float in the water), can ALWAYS be intergrated directly in. I see no really problem whatsoever.

"New" Spaceships: Can be intergrated in as eiter spacestations or as alien warships. Particularly specatacular examples could be intergrated as REF single or limited run starships, perhaps even SDF's. (In my game, the SDF-27 was a fully automated, SENTIENT, version of the SDF-3; However, ARMD and Beachmasters made apprearances as Starships as well.)

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes me to get banned.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot; They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mack

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:19 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
I've allready used all of this stuff at one time or another.

Lots of fun.

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:25 pm

Explorer

I am currently running (well getting ready to start running) an adventure putting Robotech characters up against a small (very small) group of Mechanoids. I am going to allow characters to roll for Psi-abailities but the chance will be even smaller than usual.

I am also giving them a bit of help by creating a rule that says because of the nature of how Protoculture Energy affects the mind via the Thinking Cap, it blocks mind affecting psi powers directed at the pilot.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:28 pm

Explorer

Devjannz, you gonna allow your players uto use catured/rebuilt Mechanoid hardware? If so I got a couple of moddies for you. (Ok, one, but it's available if you want it.)

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes me to get banned.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot; They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mack

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:49 am

Explorer

They aren't going to use the mechanoid hardware but they will have to fight the mechanoids at some point.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Champion

their is also the entire Macross series material that you could try to incorperate, however trying to balance a 60,000 Metric tone Evil Series may be more than most people will want to put up with.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.