Cyclone Question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pro Munchy

Cyclone Question

Unread post by Pro Munchy »

Hey all,

Just wanted to be sure, I thought I heard or read references to the late 2020's I could be wrong.

Does anyone know when the Cyclones came into production approx. year?

Thanks
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Well...

we know the old Coots from Ghost Town had access to CVR-3 armor (they were wearing it when they took that aging Garfish into combat). Since they came back at the end of the 2nd Robotech War....the Cyclone had permeated to at least a certain level (whether or not the armor came from ship's armaments magazine or not is a matter of debate).

However...there is the shot of Wolfe in Eulogy that shows him wearing the pre-Cyclone battle armor and it implies that this was during the Pioneer Mission's operations. Then there is the fact Wolfe on Earth has access to a Cyclone and CVR-3.

A compromise between these two could be that only originally were they used for Special Forces (as Wolfe was) in the 2020s then made generally available to infantry and pilots as reserve mecha (as Scott says in The Invid Invasion) in the 2030s.
Pro Munchy

captain_Killern wrote:FROM http://www.steelfalcon.com/Garland/index.html

DEVELOPMENT NOTES
(Extracted from ROBOTECHNOLOGY JOURNAL, March 2030):
Cyclone Series 1

Developed 2017, Robotech Research Center, Japan, Dr. Emil Lang and Dr. R. Burke. Modified RDF Motorcycle frame mounting hybrid gasoline turbine/micronized Protoculture cell engine. XEP-40 energy pulse cannon also tested. Both engine and weapon found to be satisfactory.
Number manufactured: 1, dismantled 2018

Cyclone Series 2

Developed 2017, Robotech Research Center, Japan, Dr. Lazlo Zand. Larger "Harley Hog"-style frame mounting hybrid gasoline turbine/nuclear engine. Minor leaks found in casing of nuclear power cells; problem corrected and model declared satisfactory.
Number manufactured: 1, dismantled 2018

Cyclone Series 3

Developed 2018, Robotech Research Center, Japan, Dr. Lazlo Zand. Development of Series 2, mounting XE-17 energy pistol. First transformation device test. Failed. XE-17 energy pistol exploded, killing test pilot and mechanical technician.
Number manufactured: 1, destroyed in explosion 2019

Cyclone Series 4

Developed 2019, Robotech Research Center, Japan, Dr. Emil Lang and Dr. R. Burke. Standard motorcycle design incorporating hybrid gasoline/Protoculture engine. Also called XVR-052A. Incorporated CVR-3 armor as part of transformation sequence; converted into power armor. Mounted EP-40 energy pulse cannon (X designation removed after testing proved satisfactory). Designated XVR-052A. Underwent two years of thorough testing. Declared remarkable success. Was chosen over Series 5 (see below) to be developed into REF Cyclone.
Number manufactured: 40; 2 destroyed in testing 2020, 2021; 3 dismantled for inspection 2022; 6 vanished mysteriously 2022 (investigation declared closed 2026); 29 transferred to SDF-3 before commencement of Sentinels mission, 2022.

Cyclone Series 5

Developed 2019, Robotech Research Center, Japan, Dr. Lazlo Zand. Large two-wheeled motorcycle frame incorporating hybrid gasoline/nuclear engine. Converted into robot. Mounted XGU-18 gun pod. Designated SMS-18A. Underwent six months of testing before being declared unworkable because of glitches in transformation sequence.
Number manufactured: 6; 1 destroyed in testing 2020; 3 ordered dismantled 2020; 1 placed in storage 2020-2025; 1 taken aboard SDF-3 2022.

All right now Bill I mean "Captain _ Killern" where did you get the mother load of info? I know you want one for this weekends game "obviously"

Also though your information mostly stipulates about prototypes info for the early 2020's our time line is 2020! In mentions nothing about main stream production.
Pro Munchy

captain_Killern wrote:I don't know if it was completely based on the imagination of the fans who made the site, or if they got it from some other source. Yeah It doesn't say anything about the mainstream production dates. I would assume it would be within a year of the prototype, if the protype was deemed succesful. I am of course basing this on nothing.

Anyway, if you haven't checked out the site, I recommend it fully.

www.steelfalcon.com

I am in no way affiliated with the site, and claim none of it as my own. But It is a really cool site.

I'm just razzing you don't sweat it! Drakhan Valane will half to figure it out, I just posted for him, for I always take the initiative!!!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Hate to say it...but Steelfalcon doesnt represent the Tv series at all. For one thing...Robotech: the Movie is totally outside the canon of Robotech. Ive seen it and find it hard to reconcile the 2027 date ending with the crashing of a Tirolian City-ship (movie) and the 2029 date of the arrival of the Tirolian recon force (Tv series).
Pro Munchy

et3 of the navy wrote:the wolf pack are a bunch of little girls compared to my players. during the first ground battle on tirol they wiped out the entire invid unit that had the wolf pack on the run, before the zentreadi even had a chance to to show up as backup. oh yeah, they did it without cyclones.

no autograghs please :D
Pro Munchy

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:
Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Well, we know the old Coots from Ghost Town had access to CVR-3 armor (they were wearing it when they took that aging Garfish into combat).

You mean the non-existant black marketeers? (Duweri, Rabid, I wasn't poking fun at you.)

Pro, more-er-lez in answer to yer ?, the Micronian P/A cam on-line early/mid teens, and the Tornado was on-line about the same time, so mid/late teens is more-er-lez your answer. Captain Killern (who?) gave us a date of 2019... TSAR...

Oh- I'm writing THIS bad, an' I ain evin drunk! :lol:

It's all good 'Andy" :P
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

You mean the non-existant black marketeers?

Technically...the Old Coots were black marketeers.....but on Earth that had been dominated in large part by the Invid.
Pro Munchy

In case I didn't mention it "thanks" everybody for your help and opinions.
Pro Munchy

DrakhanValane wrote:Follow Up: We got our Cyclones. :)

I secretly slipped the GM a 50.00 "you owe me" not to mention I told him I'd take it easy on the Invid, NPC's & villains :lol: :P :lol: :D :lol:

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”