New Moddie

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

I refuse to believe non-standard, non-factory, black market designs can be superior to standard, factory built stuff, or that it could use those weapons and carry a force field.

Unless they're being made by the original designer of the mecha...and I refuse to believe that too...

Cyc (who has belief issues apparently)
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Munchkin Cat Minion
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:
Maximum Height: Trans-Atmospheric

http://www.ebaynham.com/Merchant2/graph ... wtf_lg.gif

LOL :lol:.

Seriously though, Andy, I think your heart is in the right place. I love the REF Z-1. Keep crakin' away. I think your on the right track... :ok:
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

While I can see the Regult Tactical Battlepod becoming a black market favorite (mostly just the hacked up central pod portion), I dont see the Z-1 Pod becoming available unless we actually go with the idea that its NOT an REF mecha and is in fact a new enemy mecha (reason: Why are these mecha shown as agressor mecha in the battle simulator).
Pro Munchy

Unread post by Pro Munchy »

I really like it but I just don't know about the Force field thing.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Andy, why are you getting so worked up over this? I'll grant you that Tetsuya's reply comes off as rude, but Z is trying to give some honest constructive criticism here. You don't have to make the changes he is suggesting, but at least give them some consideration and try to look at where Z is coming from.

When I post my stuff for Systems Failure, Palladium Fantasy, and Rifts I expect criticism and suggestions on how they could be made better. Hell, that's why I post them here.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

It works in reverse too; If you don't want other people's opinions on something, don't post it.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Andy, I was going out of my way to be polite to you. You have come across as a total jerk and you owe everyone on this thread an apology.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Alright everyone, chill out!!!

Andy, did you get my PM?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Raiden

Blunt

Unread post by Raiden »

By posting this, I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, I'm just posting my opinion, and my opinion only. Moderators, feel free to delete my post if you find it to be of a "flaming" nature.

Anyway, I see both sides of the argument here, and I understand where everyone is coming from, but I must side with the majority here. Andy, we've never seen "eye to eye" EVER, but I know what it feels like to have a post destroyed by other board members. If you want to post something, then you should expect feedback from everyone, positive or negative.

No one said outright that they "hated" your idea. Except for Tetsuya, but even he didn't say he "hated" it. He said he liked "Shooting holes in your logic." A lot of people said they liked what they saw, but added their own ideas, not to wreck your train of thought, but to push it along on a better track. YOU overall, choose what you want to do with your idea, no one controls anyone elses thoughts. If you don't like what people say, don't listen, ignore it all and do what you wish to do. But like I said, you should come to expect that people are going to voice an opinion, good or bad, because thats what these baords are here for.

Everyone posts here for the greater good of the RT universe. Whether it's you with your "Moddies" or Taffy's "School of Armored Warfare," or Jefffar's idea's about Soviet military capabilities in the RT universe. I'm sure everyone has had their slice of negative feedback, regardless of who they are. We don't HAVE to listen to what each person posts, and I doubt anyone will listen to my post when it's all said and done.

Concluding this half drunken ramble, if you don't want feed back, then don't post here. I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just being blunt. If you post here, expect people to use their voices (or keyboards as it were), and say "something."

I'm done here, whether this makes any sense at all, I'm not sure. Whatever...
Hystrix
Champion

Re: New Moddie

Unread post by Hystrix »

Really I gotta say that see very little wrong with this thing as a whole. The range is a bit much, but some tweaking could fix that. I see ways this Pod could be used on Earth (i.e. around the time of RotM) or in the Sentinels (maybe via, renagade Bio-Maintainance engineer).

I gotta say, Andy, I like the idea. I've always been a big Zentraedi fan, and the REF Battle Pods where pretty cool. There is nothing wrong with the force feild idea (the REF Z4 pod had one in Rifter 5). I would work on the optional additions some more, but they aren't bad. Shoot, I'd give it more MDC (like maybe 250 or something) makingf it as tough as a regular Destroid. I think you might have something here...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

ooc: Hmm...no offense Andy...but someone would be better off adding light armaments to the Thunderclapper Heavy Hovercycle than doing this to a Flashclapper. Reference the weapons mounted on the prototype Cyclones used by the thugs in eps. #63 Lonely Soldier Boy and the doomed soldiers in eps. #81 Hired Gun. Wouldnt be that hard to do this and the powerplant on the Thunderclapper should be able to handle that sort of mod....given that it has twin hoverjets/lift fans in the front.

Just a suggestion..... :D

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”