Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:49 pm

Explorer

I am working on a floor plan for an abandoned Robotech Master outpost and had a question come to mind.

Would the base have had Zentraedi Forces protecting it or a Bioroid Force?

The reason I ask is for scale purposes. (I am basing the basic design off of the layout of the Small REF Base in the REF Field Guide).

What do you think?

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:52 pm

Knight

Comment: Eat More Chicken
Devjannz wrote:
I am working on a floor plan for an abandoned Robotech Master outpost and had a question come to mind.

The reason I ask is for scale purposes. (I am basing the basic design off of the layout of the Small REF Base in the REF Field Guide).

What do you think?

Depends on the security level of the base. Possibly both Zentraedi and regular clone forces would be present.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:56 pm

Explorer

Zerebus wrote:
Devjannz wrote:

What do you think?

Depends on the security level of the base. Possibly both Zentraedi and regular clone forces would be present.

In my game the base was used to study Alien species and technologies so that the Masters could develop defenses against them. SO I guess it is an R&D Facility.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:04 pm

Knight

That doens't sound like something that the Masters would have to keep their Zentraedi away from, so I'd go with a mix of both soldiers, and divide the base into an understandably large Zentraedi barracks for the security perimeter, and either an inner base or an immediately adjacent base for the Masters' enterage. Both bases should have a large area around them enclosed and designed to be heavily patroled.

Also, have the Masters throw up a protoculture cloaking field over the entire area to keep the Invid from detecting them with their standard orbital scans.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:36 pm

Rifts® Trivia Master

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/generations/Sentinels/sentinels.html

robotech research has a base already made (overrun by invid, but has listings for pre-invid use.)

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:59 pm

Macross Guru

Comment: TSC: The Year after Today (PBP play on the Stormwatch forums: http://thedeificnmi.com/maelstrom/index.php)
I'd have to say Bioroid Clones only - the Masters are pretty tight on security, having 2 allied forces of an ultimatly opposing command structure would cause to many complications for the C3 to handle and integrate well - to boot, the Masters wouldnt want to run the risk that the Zentraedi ever learn anything somehow (Knowing they are capable of it, but being smart enough to not let them do anything about it, is how the Masters are for just about everything)

And if they Did include Zentraedi troops- maybe say at a nearby outpost? I'd say it would have been Meltrandi troops more likely. They are after all -L337, in the eyes of the masters, compared to their normal Zentraedi minions. And even though they dont know about technology either, they are also not intrested to find out - the Women wanna FIGHT! 8-) not check out all the cool little toys.....unless of course the cool little toys are new ways to kill things.

So on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Maximum "I was built by Zor" level, how Top-Secret was the facility? Ultimatly thats going to dictate force composition.

verdilak wrote:
I would make an ugly lesbian :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:48 pm

Explorer

Lets say that I go with all Masters troops. Do the clone pilots stay in their mecha all the time or would they have had like a barracks or something?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:52 pm

Knight

Devjannz wrote:
Lets say that I go with all Masters troops. Do the clone pilots stay in their mecha all the time or would they have had like a barracks or something?

Type 1 clones: always in their mecha.

The other types, as seen in the series, aren't always in their mecha and seem to run about like relatively normal humans, ie they would need a barracks.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:10 pm

Explorer

Cool. Thanks for the help.

Now I can finish designing my abandoned Robotech Masters base.

*enter maniacal laghter here*

At least it will appear that way.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:52 am

Macross Guru

Comment: TSC: The Year after Today (PBP play on the Stormwatch forums: http://thedeificnmi.com/maelstrom/index.php)
Eh I am not so sure about that Zereb - ask Rabid, he can probably confirm it, but thats a Palladium assumtion that that 1 - their where "generational" clones, and that any of them where forced to stay in their mecha at all - otherwise, why would the Masters need to kidnap the populations and Zylonic probe-brainwash them in order to increase their own forces? Especially if the Gen-A Blue bioroid pilots are supposed to be animorphious blobs?

verdilak wrote:
I would make an ugly lesbian :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:56 pm

Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote:
Eh I am not so sure about that Zereb - ask Rabid, he can probably confirm it, but thats a Palladium assumtion that that 1 - their where "generational" clones, and that any of them where forced to stay in their mecha at all - otherwise, why would the Masters need to kidnap the populations and Zylonic probe-brainwash them in order to increase their own forces? Especially if the Gen-A Blue bioroid pilots are supposed to be animorphious blobs?

I try not to ask him anything, actually. ;)

And more to the point, I personally never use the Stage One clones, as I don't think they should exist, either, but I was answering based on the RPG (this IS the Robotech RPG forum). I personally would use nothing more than stage two and three clones, where stage "two" clones are the most common type of clone we saw in the series: the sort of "out of it" combat clones who didn't show a full range of human emotions, as opposed to the more elite clones (3rd stage) who showed a full range of cognitive abilities.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.