Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: My funky Robotech dream
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:10 pm

Knight

Comment: Eat More Chicken
I had an interesting dream last night, and before this gets kicked over to Sound Off, let it be known that it is prime gaming material.

The time is circa 2100 or 2120. The Invid have been long gone. The Earth has mostly healed.

And the REF is JUST NOW returning from deep space.... changed.

In their time in deep space, the humans of the Robotech Expeditionary Force have.... erm.... evolved somewhat. They aren't used to living on Earth anymore. Their skin is paler, even light bluish, their immune systems are definately NOT up to par with current terrestrial diseases, and they have come to find their planet (and previous fleets) largely devoid of what they would call civilization.

And so they set to rebuild.

But there is a big catch. The humans of the REF are largely slightly defective clones. For some realllllllllllllly vague reason, they have to collect normal Earth humans, cook them up in a strange protoculture chamber, and use their cellular extract to bolster themselves so that they can better survive on Earth. There are also a number of places on the earth where the REF has set up cities that are digging down deep into the planet and retriving unknown Invid technology that the Regis had left behind.

Enter the main character: the great, great grandson of Rick Hunter. He doesn't realize it, but he's already been infused with normal Earth cellular material, so he looks more like a normal human than one of the blueish REF "aliens". Hunter goes about uncovering the horrible truths...

And zany adventures ensue, but not before I get woken up by the phone ringing. :x

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:38 pm

Adventurer

Zerberus man, that must have been some wacky dream, but I agree- that IS some awesome gaming hook!

I guess that the REF human "aliens" may be colonizing the outer planets as well?

It also kinda sounds like some weird B5/Robotech hybrid scenario. It's sort of like the Invid are the departed Vorlons/Shadows.

Anyway- I hope you try to flesh out this storyline- sounds killer!

GP

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:28 pm

Macross Guru

Comment: TSC: The Year after Today (PBP play on the Stormwatch forums: http://thedeificnmi.com/maelstrom/index.php)
I have to admit, I like the idea also...

But enough of the origonal REF Survived the final battle with the Regis to at least colonize one of the older contients, say the North American contient - so why the "limited civillization" on Earth? I'd think it stands more to reason that the rest of the world is 3rd World (Which isnt totaly devoid of civillization, just not as advanced by American thinking).

And why clones? There is no conclusive evidence stating the REF Used clones, even as empatherical PALLADIUM data. Why not just have them as humans who have evolved and adapted to Tyrol norms? In a way - it would make them Demi-Humans anyway - the origonal Tyrolians are easily comparable to "Elves" anyway.....or maybe Elvis returns at the head of the new REF Fleet :D

Eurika! Thats it! They all evolved into Elvi! 8-) Ive got my game material now for the next few months....

verdilak wrote:
I would make an ugly lesbian :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:59 pm

Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote:
I have to admit, I like the idea also...

But enough of the origonal REF Survived the final battle with the Regis to at least colonize one of the older contients, say the North American contient - so why the "limited civillization" on Earth? I'd think it stands more to reason that the rest of the world is 3rd World (Which isnt totaly devoid of civillization, just not as advanced by American thinking).

And why clones? There is no conclusive evidence stating the REF Used clones, even as empatherical PALLADIUM data. Why not just have them as humans who have evolved and adapted to Tyrol norms? In a way - it would make them Demi-Humans anyway - the origonal Tyrolians are easily comparable to "Elves" anyway.....or maybe Elvis returns at the head of the new REF Fleet :D

Eurika! Thats it! They all evolved into Elvi! 8-) Ive got my game material now for the next few months....

What can I say? It was a dream. It was high on wierdness and low on logic. I remember seeing some wierd, pointy, streamlined alpha fighter variants, too, but not long enough to get much detail other than that their gun pods seemed to be beam weapons (possibly plasma). Oh, and Rick Hunter's great grandson (father of the main character) looked like a total dork, but he was some sort of scientist in charge of an excavation....

As for Elvi........................... sorry, don't remember any of those. :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:03 pm

Macross Guru

Comment: TSC: The Year after Today (PBP play on the Stormwatch forums: http://thedeificnmi.com/maelstrom/index.php)
::Focuses his font and meditates on the Fu:: Those where for my own adaptation on it - people have been getting me into Joke Games lately - like the Groo version of Hack Master....

Honestly though - I like the idea. Funny enough? I posted something like this before and someone said I was off my rocker - often enough about 90% of my story ideas for my RT game? Come from dreams ive had during the week - I keep a "Dream Journal", and I scribble everything I can remember into it, from dreams that might be useful, and then put it away, and then on the Monday following the next week, I read all the dreams I wrote down, and try to build on them for ideas, and hopefully, new dreams that will add to existing ideas.

I had one dream - where, what if the SDF-1's suddenly missing Fold booster, was the cause of the SDF-3's missfold? Like - it had created some kind of odd point A-to point-B subspace field, and the SDF-3's return jump coordinates put it right in the epicenter of that - causing it to reappear like 5 years later, after a kind of hyperspace stasis - Time dillation can be a funny thing. Anyway - in the meantime, the Time dillation has causing the SDF-1's Fold booster to land on a planet with a primitive (I think it would be compared to the mid/late 1800's) civilization, who started a sort of prefuctory Techno-Arcana upheval - and using the fold Booster, traveled to Earth to make contact. Funky, no? There was more to it, but id have to look at my book for the details, and I doubt anyone cares enough to hear about it.

verdilak wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:12 pm

Explorer

VERY intersting.

But by "cooking" Humans, do you mean litterally, or just extracting cellular material (white bllod cells)? I'm not into canabalism. MUCH...

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes me to get banned.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot; They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mack

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:15 pm

Macross Guru

"Cooking Humans" is a pretty Neitzchian term for Genetically Gene-gineering humanoids so as to get the best traits out of each cellular cocktail, before inserting the edited genes into an unformated ovum and sp*m, and then allowing them to combine in natural fertilization - most likely via an iron womb....

Oops....sorry Zereb....I shoulda let you answer that :shock:

verdilak wrote:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 am

Knight

Lt Col Andy Reddson wrote:
VERY intersting.

But by "cooking" Humans, do you mean litterally, or just extracting cellular material (white bllod cells)? I'm not into canabalism. MUCH...

Imagine a coffin shaped oven with a glass top, and a human inside, turned deep red, melting into some sort of liquid meat shake. That's basically what I saw, though the detail was all in cartoon fashion, so it wasn't quite as gross looking as you might think.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:44 am

Adventurer

Location: Originally Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, now the SDF-3 lost somewhere in the Eastern Panhandle of W. Virginia
"SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE, IT'S PEOPLE!!!!!" :lol:

(\__/)
(='.'=) "Very nice work, Major Fury!"- Novastar
(")_(")

"A soldier's job isn't to die for his country, it's to make the other poor #$%@^!& die for his."- Gen. George S. Patton, editted for content ;)

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:51 am

Explorer

Zerebus wrote:
Imagine a coffin shaped oven with a glass top, and a human inside, turned deep red, melting into some sort of liquid meat shake. That's basically what I saw, though the detail was all in cartoon fashion, so it wasn't quite as gross looking as you might think.

Oh well... I AM T'sen, after all...

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes me to get banned.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot; They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mack

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:36 pm

Knight

What I still wonder about is where the dream was going with the big excavation under the city I saw. I was woken up before anything could be explained about what was so darned important down there, but I got the impression from the shear volume of security and authorized use of lethal force that is was something very darned important.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:13 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein
Perhaps the SDF-1 held more secrets than even we know...! :eek:

Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:03 pm

Knight

Novastar wrote:
Perhaps the SDF-1 held more secrets than even we know...! :eek:

Well, it was a dream, and I never saw what they were digging out (other than that they had a shaft in the ground about four hundred feet in diameter), so for all I know, my dreams was about to go the rout of Spriggan and have them digging up Noah's Ark.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:32 pm

Adventurer

Location: Originally Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, now the SDF-3 lost somewhere in the Eastern Panhandle of W. Virginia
Could of been they were just looking for hidden genesis pits that were left from the Regis' occupation. That would probably make the most sense. Of course not much in the dream seems to have made much sense but you never know, lol. :D

(\__/)
(='.'=) "Very nice work, Major Fury!"- Novastar
(")_(")

"A soldier's job isn't to die for his country, it's to make the other poor #$%@^!& die for his."- Gen. George S. Patton, editted for content ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:01 pm

Macross Guru

Did Rick have his magic bicycle? :shock:

verdilak wrote:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:14 pm

Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote:
Did Rick have his magic bicycle? :shock:

No no no.... it was a pair of magic sneakers.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:15 am

Macross Guru

What did he do - steal them from Micheal Jordan? :shock:

"Air-Mecha is in the lane...Here comes the post....OH! SLAM JAM FOR THE VALKYRIE! The Skull VF IS a 3-Peat MVP!" :D

verdilak wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:25 am

Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote:
What did he do - steal them from Micheal Jordan? :shock:

"Air-Mecha is in the lane...Here comes the post....OH! SLAM JAM FOR THE VALKYRIE! The Skull VF IS a 3-Peat MVP!" :D

http://www.doki.ca/lplus/

Actually, I was joking about the sneakers. He did have some sort of a contragravity backpack at one point, but it was a stricly short distance type thing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.