Robotech Masters faught the Perytonians?!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiverJack
Explorer

Robotech Masters faught the Perytonians?!

Unread post by RiverJack »

So I was having a talk with my friend about the Perytonians before the events of the SDF 1 landing on Earth happened, and I saw something interesting, I saw what looked like a vague reference to a conflict between the Masters and the Perytonians. My question is "is anyone aware of a war between the Masters and the Perytonians and what is the source for it?" I am missing the Robotech 2 novels and comics, I have all the source books for the Robotech 2 era and I dont recall their ever being a war between the Masters and Perytonians. My friend is very knowledgeable about such things, he does have multiple Robotech 2 novels, and so he has access to lore about Perytonians that maybe have been accidentally left out, he was also telling me that the Invid didnt actually when the war against the Perytonians, it was a trading agreement they made because the Regent was scared of their planet because of the curse made on it, I had always red Invid did win the war their.

So I am asking you guys, did the Masters also fight the Perytonians before the Invid arrived?

Also how would one make a campaign for the Masters fighting the Perytonians and would they make an Preytonian fighter Bioroid or some other weapon in this conflict?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Robotech Masters faught the Perytonians?!

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

the masters did invade and take over the Perytonian world.
Or to say the Perytonians were a subject race in the master's empire.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i would presume that after they got protoculture and became an empire, they invaded most of the local group worlds. Peryton included. Given their abilities i suspect it would have required quite a bit of fighting to take over.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
xunk16
Explorer

Unread post by xunk16 »

Even "taking it over" might be a strong term, considering the "forever war". At best, they managed to convince the Perytonians to become a client state of the Tiresian Mercantile Empire, which would have been a profitable enterprise... to say the least. There might have been a time whence tribes "recruited" bought bioroids soldiers, to police their territories and facilitate trade, but it is doubtful the whole planet would have accepted the Masters as such for their whole world. Unless the Masters themselves could have been brought into a scheme, of using the invaders to pacify their curse; a doomed attempt on the long run.
I don't remember clearly the Master's campaigns of Peryton being described, but one could clearly deduce that there was no question of unification with these people.

Any direct invasion attempt, or simple first contact, would most probably have resulted in partial alignment with some tribes to the detriment of others. From a colonial standpoint, establishing a local puppet government would have quickly became the only logical option. The "Pacifying" of the Infernal War might have lead to many experimental attempts; but even those would have met with only partial endorsement by the Perytonian themselves. (Since any attempt ending up in losing troops would only get the curse bigger and stronger. According to 2nd Edition material, any Mecha would also have been above the technological level of the Möbius Battle to begin with; thus increasing its lethal potential outside of magical means...)
I imagine that the capacity for high orbit "meteorological surveys" of the curse would have been a point in negotiations. Though the random nature of the phenomenon could also have made this a pipe dream...

Considering 1st edition shenanigans, you can also trace a link between the Perytonian and Haydonites. The Perytonian Observation Shuttle is clearly described as bigger than "its picture", which is of a resolute Haydonite design. (Even going so far as to show Haydonites on its observation deck!) Considering the feeble capacity for any organized space exploration effort from the Perytonian's part, they mostly would have gotten such technology through the masters themselves.

But really, once you get both Perytonians and Tiresians in the same space, you have all the reasons you need for a conflict.
It is the domination matter, however, that would remain contested.
On the wrong forum, 30 years too late...

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”