Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:44 am
  

D-Bee

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 am
Posts: 2
http://misfits.wdfiles.com/local--files/mecha/ZSB.jpg

Its a REF(?) style Female Zentraedi Power Armor.

I don't remember seeing it in any of the main books. Was it from a Rifter?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43155
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Return of the Masters, Expanded Edition(first ed. rules)

It's part of a shipment of abandoned experimental RDF designs that the PCs can find during the Invid Invasion arc.
Other gems include a Super-Alpha, Advanced Recon Battloid, and a pimped-up Super-Logan.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:02 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1596
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
taalismn wrote:
Return of the Masters, Expanded Edition(first ed. rules)

It's part of a shipment of abandoned experimental RDF designs that the PCs can find during the Invid Invasion arc.
Other gems include a Super-Alpha, Advanced Recon Battloid, and a pimped-up Super-Logan.

I loved that Super-Logan more than I should. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to use them when I was running Robotech that I used them in Rifts. They died so spectacularly.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider - WB 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - WB 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider - Rifts Bestiary: Volume 1


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:39 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2032
Location: SDF-1, Macross Island
It is only in the Extended Edition, page 110.

-STS

_________________
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population. - Killer Cyborg


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:45 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43155
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Warshield73 wrote:
[
I loved that Super-Logan more than I should. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to use them when I was running Robotech that I used them in Rifts. They died so spectacularly.


One of my long-ago Rifts exercises was to create human-sized AI-drone miniatures of the Robotech mecha using roughly corresponding hums-scale weapons systems(mini-missiles or rocket-propelled grenades filling in for missile systems, submachine guns for heavy machine guns, light rail guns for gun pods, re-tasked cyborg systems for a lot of other systems, etc.). It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

The person-scaled Logan replibot was going to be fast, light, and perfect for urban dogfighting and courier duties. :D

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:57 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 am
Posts: 2
Thanks guys.

I’ve only ever owned the standard edition so that’s why this is new to me.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1596
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
taalismn wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
I loved that Super-Logan more than I should. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to use them when I was running Robotech that I used them in Rifts. They died so spectacularly.


One of my long-ago Rifts exercises was to create human-sized AI-drone miniatures of the Robotech mecha using roughly corresponding hums-scale weapons systems(mini-missiles or rocket-propelled grenades filling in for missile systems, submachine guns for heavy machine guns, light rail guns for gun pods, re-tasked cyborg systems for a lot of other systems, etc.). It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

The person-scaled Logan replibot was going to be fast, light, and perfect for urban dogfighting and courier duties. :D

I mainly used Robotech mechs in Rifts just in the first 4 or 5 years, really until Mercenaries came out in '94, as additional mechs and aliens for Rifts. There weren't a lot of RIfts resources back then.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider - WB 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - WB 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider - Rifts Bestiary: Volume 1


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:28 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 6167
Location: WI
taalismn wrote:
It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

human-sized destroids, while likely an animation error something along those lines can be seen/interpreted from the animation (See Episode "Broken Heart" IIRC, its the air base scene before Rick departs for Operation Star Saver).


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:27 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43155
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
ShadowLogan wrote:
taalismn wrote:
It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

human-sized destroids, while likely an animation error something along those lines can be seen/interpreted from the animation (See Episode "Broken Heart" IIRC, its the air base scene before Rick departs for Operation Star Saver).


Probably leading to some perspective-based errors during field exercises....
"Blue-force destroid unit, got'em on visual...I make'em to be 3 klicks away...Come on, let's get going while they're still aways off-WHATHEHELL?!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:45 pm
  

User avatar
Wanderer

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 pm
Posts: 65
Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
I loved that Super-Logan more than I should. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to use them when I was running Robotech that I used them in Rifts. They died so spectacularly.


One of my long-ago Rifts exercises was to create human-sized AI-drone miniatures of the Robotech mecha using roughly corresponding hums-scale weapons systems(mini-missiles or rocket-propelled grenades filling in for missile systems, submachine guns for heavy machine guns, light rail guns for gun pods, re-tasked cyborg systems for a lot of other systems, etc.). It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

The person-scaled Logan replibot was going to be fast, light, and perfect for urban dogfighting and courier duties. :D

I mainly used Robotech mechs in Rifts just in the first 4 or 5 years, really until Mercenaries came out in '94, as additional mechs and aliens for Rifts. There weren't a lot of RIfts resources back then.



:lol: :lol:
I remember those days!
And man, in the early days those RoboTech mecha blew the hell out of anything from the Rifts game!

_________________
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:58 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1596
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Fenris2020 wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
I loved that Super-Logan more than I should. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to use them when I was running Robotech that I used them in Rifts. They died so spectacularly.


One of my long-ago Rifts exercises was to create human-sized AI-drone miniatures of the Robotech mecha using roughly corresponding hums-scale weapons systems(mini-missiles or rocket-propelled grenades filling in for missile systems, submachine guns for heavy machine guns, light rail guns for gun pods, re-tasked cyborg systems for a lot of other systems, etc.). It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

The person-scaled Logan replibot was going to be fast, light, and perfect for urban dogfighting and courier duties. :D

I mainly used Robotech mechs in Rifts just in the first 4 or 5 years, really until Mercenaries came out in '94, as additional mechs and aliens for Rifts. There weren't a lot of RIfts resources back then.



:lol: :lol:
I remember those days!
And man, in the early days those RoboTech mecha blew the hell out of anything from the Rifts game!

You're not kidding. For awhile 2 of my characters used 1st ed. Excalibur's / Tomahawks, 2 (the wilderness scout and city rat) used saber cyclones, and the hatchling dragon had a Biroid hover platform. This is actually what they used when they went to Africa to take on the four horsemen.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider - WB 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - WB 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider - Rifts Bestiary: Volume 1


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 pm
  

User avatar
Wanderer

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 pm
Posts: 65
Warshield73 wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
I loved that Super-Logan more than I should. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to use them when I was running Robotech that I used them in Rifts. They died so spectacularly.


One of my long-ago Rifts exercises was to create human-sized AI-drone miniatures of the Robotech mecha using roughly corresponding hums-scale weapons systems(mini-missiles or rocket-propelled grenades filling in for missile systems, submachine guns for heavy machine guns, light rail guns for gun pods, re-tasked cyborg systems for a lot of other systems, etc.). It was part of a marketing ploy by an interdimensional arms company; imagine having a house guard of human-sized destroids protecting your property, or a fully flight-capable miniature Valkyrie as your personal courier 'bot.

The person-scaled Logan replibot was going to be fast, light, and perfect for urban dogfighting and courier duties. :D

I mainly used Robotech mechs in Rifts just in the first 4 or 5 years, really until Mercenaries came out in '94, as additional mechs and aliens for Rifts. There weren't a lot of RIfts resources back then.


:lol: :lol:
I remember those days!
And man, in the early days those RoboTech mecha blew the hell out of anything from the Rifts game!

You're not kidding. For awhile 2 of my characters used 1st ed. Excalibur's / Tomahawks, 2 (the wilderness scout and city rat) used saber cyclones, and the hatchling dragon had a Biroid hover platform. This is actually what they used when they went to Africa to take on the four horsemen.



My went to Africa with Macross mecha of various sorts. Our GM decided that the Flower of Life grew in a remote place in southern Africa, as well as somewhere in California that we never found.
Out of my group of 7 at the time, only one was native of Rifts Earth (and that was a Great Horned hatchling).

_________________
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:54 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1596
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Fenris2020 wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
You're not kidding. For awhile 2 of my characters used 1st ed. Excalibur's / Tomahawks, 2 (the wilderness scout and city rat) used saber cyclones, and the hatchling dragon had a Biroid hover platform. This is actually what they used when they went to Africa to take on the four horsemen.



My went to Africa with Macross mecha of various sorts. Our GM decided that the Flower of Life grew in a remote place in southern Africa, as well as somewhere in California that we never found.
Out of my group of 7 at the time, only one was native of Rifts Earth (and that was a Great Horned hatchling).

Ours were all native to Rifts Earth they had simply "acquired" the mecha through various means.Most eventually traded in the RDF mechs for Triax stuff but the dragon loved that hover platform.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider - WB 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - WB 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider - Rifts Bestiary: Volume 1


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:52 pm
  

User avatar
Wanderer

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 pm
Posts: 65
Warshield73 wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
You're not kidding. For awhile 2 of my characters used 1st ed. Excalibur's / Tomahawks, 2 (the wilderness scout and city rat) used saber cyclones, and the hatchling dragon had a Biroid hover platform. This is actually what they used when they went to Africa to take on the four horsemen.



My went to Africa with Macross mecha of various sorts. Our GM decided that the Flower of Life grew in a remote place in southern Africa, as well as somewhere in California that we never found.
Out of my group of 7 at the time, only one was native of Rifts Earth (and that was a Great Horned hatchling).

Ours were all native to Rifts Earth they had simply "acquired" the mecha through various means.Most eventually traded in the RDF mechs for Triax stuff but the dragon loved that hover platform.



The funniest thing was, we ran into War first, and we really weren't used to the differences in Macross and RoboTech from Rifts. So I empty a missile payload into War, and charged up in my Super-Valkyrie and hit him with my blade a few times. Instead of the massive damage we all expected, I did... very little.
THAT'S when we knew we were in trouble...

_________________
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group