Invid Stage Four Pilot - Enforcer (1st ED)

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

WalterC
Newb

Invid Stage Four Pilot - Enforcer (1st ED)

Unread post by WalterC »

Greetings!

It seems that the Stage Four Invid with it's thick neck and slug-like head would not fit properly in the 7 ft. high Enforcer power armor. I guess they could still fit in the Red Enforcers. It just kinda bugged me. Anyone else?

(Sorry if this has been addressed already. I'm new to the forums.)

Possible solutions:
1. Put Stage Five Invids in the Enforcer (now called the Soldier).
2. Modify the Enforcer Power Armor to look more like the Regent's Power Armor in The Sentinels RPG (and add a visor or faceplate).
taalismn
Priest

Re: Invid Stage Four Pilot - Enforcer (1st ED)

Unread post by taalismn »

Or they're REALLY compressible and not terribly discomforted by being squeezed. :P
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Invid Stage Four Pilot - Enforcer (1st ED)

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

it is worth pointing out that there is no such thing as a 'stage 4' invid.. all invid look the same, unless they're turned into a simulagent. that said, they all look like this, which is what the old RPG called a stage-4, so the issue is largely pedantic.

but given that they only stand about 5ft tall, and can curl up into a fairly tight ball, i've generally assumed that the Soldier is not a power armor but rather a 'minimecha', with the pilot curled up inside the chest. the invid seem to control their mecha via some sort of neural link, as we see no control in the pilot compartment of the Trooper as a pilot is added in Ep72 "The Fortress", and even the Royal battloid don't has any apparently controls beyond a couple of smooth places the pilot rests their hands. honestly, assuming the invid mecha are more like cyborgs than traditional mecha is probably not a bad idea.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”