Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Livonia, NY
I heard that all the Robotech stock will have to be liquidated.
I expect there will be a sale soon on the web site, but after that is done do you think the remaining unsold stock will be auctioned off or just sent to a landfill?


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:22 am
  

Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:04 am
Posts: 304
DocTom wrote:
I heard that all the Robotech stock will have to be liquidated.
I expect there will be a sale soon on the web site, but after that is done do you think the remaining unsold stock will be auctioned off or just sent to a landfill?


After the rights expire, it would have be a landfill, so I wouldn't wait.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:49 pm
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 284
The pdfs on DriveThruRPG are pretty cheap right now. Only about $US 54 for the who kit and kaboodle.

ETA: I just realized, the REF Field Manual and The Sentinels were never released as pdfs.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 am
  

User avatar
Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Posts: 6277
Location: Apocrypha
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
thorr-kan wrote:
The pdfs on DriveThruRPG are pretty cheap right now. Only about $US 54 for the who kit and kaboodle.

ETA: I just realized, the REF Field Manual and The Sentinels were never released as pdfs.


Rats. That's really the only one I'd like to get.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm
Posts: 9208
Location: Northwood, ND
The Beast wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:
The pdfs on DriveThruRPG are pretty cheap right now. Only about $US 54 for the who kit and kaboodle.

ETA: I just realized, the REF Field Manual and The Sentinels were never released as pdfs.


Rats. That's really the only one I'd like to get.


Maybe if we ask, they can put them out real fast. And maybe also the new editions.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:29 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 3441
Location: 25th Member of the "Cabal of 24"
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt
Alpha 11 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:
The pdfs on DriveThruRPG are pretty cheap right now. Only about $US 54 for the who kit and kaboodle.

ETA: I just realized, the REF Field Manual and The Sentinels were never released as pdfs.


Rats. That's really the only one I'd like to get.


Maybe if we ask, they can put them out real fast. And maybe also the new editions.

New Editions, full size. I'd be open to. Sadly I don't think we are going to see that. As that would be a violation of their contract with Harmony Gold.

All in all - I'm hoping that they notify folks in a timely manner about their stuff. But I figure they are holding out on hope for the physical stuff to be sent off to their RRT backers.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43061
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Seriously considering spending more money than I should just for a piece of happy times memorabilia...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 284
Note that if you're interested in new material, DriveThruRPG.com is currently carrying both The Collected Magic of Palladium Books and The Rifter #5.

Both of these contain material from the 1ED Robotech RPG, some original, some errata, some cutting room floor.

Baseless speculation: These weren't available through DriveThruRPG.com for quite awhile. They contain licensed material. I don't know what'll happen to them once the license expires.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:01 am
Posts: 3695
Location: Nashville.....ish....
What information is in Magic? Any clue?

_________________
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 6134
Location: WI
RockJock wrote:
What information is in Magic? Any clue?

https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=7944

By the Looks of it, some preview material (1E, Sentinels), Errata (Invid Invasion), a Merchant Republic Battloid, a land vehicle, an adventure module.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:25 pm
  

User avatar
Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Posts: 6277
Location: Apocrypha
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
ShadowLogan wrote:
RockJock wrote:
What information is in Magic? Any clue?

https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=7944

By the Looks of it, some preview material (1E, Sentinels), Errata (Invid Invasion), a Merchant Republic Battloid, a land vehicle, an adventure module.


Yeah, it's just preview stuff and erreta for Palladium's earlier books. There's only a few things that don't seem to have been reprinted somewhere else already.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Livonia, NY
Wow, they have nearly sold out of every Robotech RPG book!


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liquidation Sale
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:12 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2000 2:01 am
Posts: 988
Location: Vienna,Austria
Sad - I really like their Robotech stuff.

_________________
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group