Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Robotech in the Rifter
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:41 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Livonia, NY
Are we able to submit Robotech article for the Rifter like in the olden days?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 5030
Location: New Frontier Shipyard, Earth-Moon L5
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
DocTom wrote:
Are we able to submit Robotech article for the Rifter like in the olden days?

Hmm... I don't know if this is accurate, but I vaguely recall someone mentioning that Robotech material was not being accepted for the Rifter at Harmony Gold's request.

_________________
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:54 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Livonia, NY
Seto Kaiba wrote:
DocTom wrote:
Are we able to submit Robotech article for the Rifter like in the olden days?

Hmm... I don't know if this is accurate, but I vaguely recall someone mentioning that Robotech material was not being accepted for the Rifter at Harmony Gold's request.


That's what I recall too, but that was years ago when Harmony Gold was being much more controlling.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 am
  

User avatar
Supreme Being

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 8559
Location: Unreality
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
There was some Robotech material in the very early Rifters, before the original licence lapsed.

I would recommend a message to Wayne Smith with your question. Rifter@palladiumbooks.com is the address for all rifter related things if I recall.

_________________
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:41 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Livonia, NY
OK, I will try that.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:37 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 6175
Location: WI
Seto Kaiba wrote:
DocTom wrote:
Are we able to submit Robotech article for the Rifter like in the olden days?

Hmm... I don't know if this is accurate, but I vaguely recall someone mentioning that Robotech material was not being accepted for the Rifter at Harmony Gold's request.

Aside from advertisements I know of 2 Rifter Articles that related to Robotech specifically (1E RPG and pre-reboot):
Rifter #5: pg17-21 REF Heavy Assault Battle Pod (VHT)
Rifter #5: pg49-61 has an Article about Test Pilot OCC, including a specific writeup for RT (obviously not the entire page)

IINM there was also material in a previous Palladium publication like the Rifter that also included RT 1E RPG stuff though I can't recall its name at the moment, it had some Merchant Republic material to flesh it out.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:45 pm
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
Magic of Palladium Books (a proto version of the Rifter) had the MR-02 Protector Merchant Republic Battloid and an earlier version of the Land Recon Vehicle Veritech Car (LRV-558). Errata for Invid Invasion 1st edition. And Outtakes from Lancer's Rockers containing details of a couple bases.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:29 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Livonia, NY
I don't think I got a response from an attempt to email Wayne. Rifter 5 was a long time ago. I heard that HG would not permit fan produced material to be published in the Rifter anymore :(


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:57 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
DocTom wrote:
I don't think I got a response from an attempt to email Wayne. Rifter 5 was a long time ago. I heard that HG would not permit fan produced material to be published in the Rifter anymore :(


That's a bummer. I had an idea for a maintenance Cyclone.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:59 am
  

User avatar
Rifts® Trivia Master

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 13086
Location: Missouri
If you leave off the gameplay stats (MDC values, mect bonuses, weapon ranges and damages, etc) you can safely post then idea in these forums. Well, safe from the moderators anyway. Other posters are liable to nitpick and dissect the idea.

_________________
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
Image
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:00 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
glitterboy2098 wrote:
If you leave off the gameplay stats (MDC values, mect bonuses, weapon ranges and damages, etc) you can safely post then idea in these forums. Well, safe from the moderators anyway. Other posters are liable to nitpick and dissect the idea.


Cool.

I was thinking that the VR-41M Field Medic Cyclone could easily be adapted for mechanics. Instead of medical equipment it carries tools and mechanical diagnostic equipment. Heavier tools, air compressors, spare parts, ammo and stuff could be carried in a special side car. Or a trailer. Which makes me wonder why aren't there more side car types and bike trailers for Robotech and Rifts, and other games for a while too. Not just cargo and folding campers but hard shell campers, mini mobile HQs, field kitchens, AA batteries, medical stations, repair bays, etc. There could be a side car or trailer for just about any mission really. They just disconnect the same way the side car and cargo boxes do. The trailers could also be made or adapted for other weather and environmental conditions. Connect a few together and instant asteroid base or whatever. I would think they'd help out a group of troopers using mostly motorcycles and jeeps. You wouldn't have to worry about a dinosaur eating you while you slept or something when you're sleeping in an armored box.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:53 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
To add to the above, a VHT that replaces the main cannon with a crane for a mobile repair unit. I'd leave the other weapons for defense. I don't think the Destroids or Work Valkyrie shown in Macross 7 could be used exactly but couldn't they still be an inspiration for civil/combat engineering robots/Veritechs? Rifts could probably use the same, just with a skull motif. Vehicles as well. After all, we are getting all these cool OCCs and skills. It'd be nice to have a vehicle/mech/robot they could use to do their job and keep up with other characters.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:31 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 pm
Posts: 154
Sambot wrote:
To add to the above, a VHT that replaces the main cannon with a crane for a mobile repair unit. I'd leave the other weapons for defense. I don't think the Destroids or Work Valkyrie shown in Macross 7 could be used exactly but couldn't they still be an inspiration for civil/combat engineering robots/Veritechs? Rifts could probably use the same, just with a skull motif. Vehicles as well. After all, we are getting all these cool OCCs and skills. It'd be nice to have a vehicle/mech/robot they could use to do their job and keep up with other characters.


Hmmm...I can see this. The Silverback's main weapon is modular so adding a crane as an option would be quite easy to do mechanically...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:59 pm
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
silvermoon383 wrote:
Sambot wrote:
To add to the above, a VHT that replaces the main cannon with a crane for a mobile repair unit. I'd leave the other weapons for defense. I don't think the Destroids or Work Valkyrie shown in Macross 7 could be used exactly but couldn't they still be an inspiration for civil/combat engineering robots/Veritechs? Rifts could probably use the same, just with a skull motif. Vehicles as well. After all, we are getting all these cool OCCs and skills. It'd be nice to have a vehicle/mech/robot they could use to do their job and keep up with other characters.


Hmmm...I can see this. The Silverback's main weapon is modular so adding a crane as an option would be quite easy to do mechanically...



That's great! :-D


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 am
Posts: 4591
You could always come up with a Robotech equivalent of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M88_Recovery_Vehicle

_________________
They can't see me...Right!?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:52 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
Arnie100 wrote:
You could always come up with a Robotech equivalent of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M88_Recovery_Vehicle


Thanks! :) That'd work for sure on Earth, especially during the earlier eras. I'm not sure about the Expeditionary Forces or Marines though. They seem to go more for lighter wheeled vehicles or hover vehicles. Then again they did take most of the the older UNDF had left and they surely had some conventional tanks. So maybe it'd work then too. I wish we has a second Macross Era source book covering the things the currant one missed. One that would say what equipment was taken and what was left for the ASC.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:10 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43187
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Sambot wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
You could always come up with a Robotech equivalent of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M88_Recovery_Vehicle


Thanks! :) That'd work for sure on Earth, especially during the earlier eras. I'm not sure about the Expeditionary Forces or Marines though. They seem to go more for lighter wheeled vehicles or hover vehicles. Then again they did take most of the the older UNDF had left and they surely had some conventional tanks. So maybe it'd work then too. I wish we has a second Macross Era source book covering the things the currant one missed. One that would say what equipment was taken and what was left for the ASC.



Yeah, hovervehicles tend to suck as engineering and recovering vehicles unless you have a LOT of power behind the lift/GEV thrusters...otherwise you're making loud noises pushing against something or you're acting like a tetherball. You want TRACTION and LIFT in a good engineering vehicle.

I'm still waiting for an published write-up version of the DL-40 'Centipede' truck...that vehicle had Big Bad Road Mamma ridden all over it.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:02 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 am
Posts: 105
taalismn wrote:
Sambot wrote:


Yeah, hovervehicles tend to suck as engineering and recovering vehicles unless you have a LOT of power behind the lift/GEV thrusters...otherwise you're making loud noises pushing against something or you're acting like a tetherball. You want TRACTION and LIFT in a good engineering vehicle.

I'm still waiting for an published write-up version of the DL-40 'Centipede' truck...that vehicle had Big Bad Road Mamma ridden all over it.



Yeah. I'd think they'd just hover into place and then set down to work since their propulsion type has so little traction on the ground.

Yeah, that would be nice. :)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:57 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:01 am
Posts: 4268
Location: Québec
I hope someone send adventure ideas for Robotech.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:16 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43187
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
See above. As long as Palladium has to get approval from Harmony Gold for any published material that's Robotech-associated, any submissions to the Rifter would end up in Dead Letter Limbo.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:00 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 5030
Location: New Frontier Shipyard, Earth-Moon L5
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
taalismn wrote:
See above. As long as Palladium has to get approval from Harmony Gold for any published material that's Robotech-associated, any submissions to the Rifter would end up in Dead Letter Limbo.

As long as Harmony Gold is still in the position of having to live in fear of copyright litigation from abroad, it's easier just to say "no fan submissions" and pitch the letters that come in instead of relying on Palladium Books' staff to screen out material that could get them sued. It's a big risk for basically zero payoff.

_________________
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group