searching for screen shot

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

masslegion
Explorer

searching for screen shot

Unread post by masslegion »

i had a picture of this saved somewhere, but i've misplaced it. I'm looking for a shot with what is two prototypes models in the first robotech/macross. one model is of he lightning and the second is a larger spaceplane looking ship. In truth the second ship looks a little like the real life Valkyrie aerodynamic test plane project.

any help would be appreciated.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: searching for screen shot

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

masslegion wrote:i had a picture of this saved somewhere, but i've misplaced it. I'm looking for a shot with what is two prototypes models in the first robotech/macross. one model is of he lightning and the second is a larger spaceplane looking ship. In truth the second ship looks a little like the real life Valkyrie aerodynamic test plane project.

any help would be appreciated.

... from your description here, it sounds like you're asking after a single screen capture containing two prototype aircraft.

Unfortunately, there's no scene in the original Macross animation that lines up with what you're describing here. The only time that the VF-X-4 prototype appears in the series is in Episode 36, and only then as a scale model Hikaru is toying with. It's never shown in the company of another aircraft. There are a few aircraft from Macross that bear a vague resemblance to the XB-70, but none of them appear in the original Macross series. The closest would be the VF-4 Lightning III production model from Macross: Flashback 2012.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

actually i think the scene he's remembering was of models on display. i'm not sure if they appeared in robotech together, but i do remember a combination of a YF-4 and XB-70 models in Hikaru's room in DYRL.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

glitterboy2098 wrote:actually i think the scene he's remembering was of models on display. i'm not sure if they appeared in robotech together, but i do remember a combination of a YF-4 and XB-70 models in Hikaru's room in DYRL.

*impressed whistle*

Good memory... yeah, Hikaru does have a few aircraft models strewn around his quarters when we see them at around 1:25:00 in Macross: Do You Remember Love?. They're just indistinct generic aircraft in the animation model sheet for the room (pg300, Macross: Do You Remember Love? Data Bank) but in one or two brief shots they're clear enough to see that the ones that're right next to the door are an XB-70 and what looks like the early VF-X-4 from Macross: Outside Story.

That's not in Robotech though.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”