Alternate Robotech RPG Campaign All Generations in One

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ASC#3
Newb

Alternate Robotech RPG Campaign All Generations in One

Unread post by ASC#3 »

My friends and I ran an alternate Robotech campaign many years ago, back in high-school (1988-89 to be). This campaign was a blend of Macross: Do You Remember Love and all three generations rolled in one. The time line was fairly up until the SDF-1's return to Earth.

However, in this time line, the Zentraedi repelled against their Robotech Master overlords well before the SDF-1 crashed on Macross Island. The Zentraedi later factionalized and the Male, Zentradaei fought with their female, Maltrandi, counterparts as much as they fought the Robotech Masters and Invid. As a result, the SDF-1 was a battle weary hulk, stuck in batltloid mode, somewhere in North America near what would be the Next Gen's Reflex point. The SDF-2 was also battle worn in battloid mode shoulder to should with the SDF-1 and the SDF-3 was near completion.

The Zentraedi, Maltrandi, Invid and Robotech Master were fighting each other for centuries before the Earth got involved in their conflict. after about 10 years of strife on Earth, the Robotech Master show up and later an "unknown" species (the Invid) show up. By, 2019, the Zentraedi, Maltrandi and Robotech Master appear to have brought the bulk of their forces to earth.

By now The UEDF/UN SPACEY realize that all three enemy factions want to capture the SDF-1, but still don't know why, and their fighting each other allows them to focus their defenses near the SDF-1. However, the enemy may still launch an attack of another major city on another continent to draw forces away from the SDF-1/New Macross City. On more than one occasion the PC found themselves battling the Zentraedi or Maltrandi, only for both parties to be attacked by another. RDF policy was to retreat and let the other faction kill each other and then RDF forces would mop up.

By, 2019, The Invid appear to be more a reconnaissance in force who just rift/teleport from a hive/base believed to be somewhere in the asteroid belt.

By the time my campaigned ended, Admiral Gloval (was still living) and was going to lead a surprise attack on what they believed to be the Robotech Master home world, to divert some enemy forces from Earth. The PC's were part of the newer REF forces, but they still flew Super VT's with Cyclones in the back and the Alpha/Beta were just finishing their final trial. THE ASC mech were in full production/use and the RDF and ASC were already forming s bitter rivalry. I actually had ASC have hovercraft versions of cyclones that fit over ASC body armor. With a little modification to their body armor the players could use either the REF or ASC version of a cyclone but wouldn't be caught dead in a hovercycle/ASC "cyclone."

Towards the end of my campaign, do to us all leaving for college or the military, Supreme Commander Leonard planning a coup after the REF fleet left with Admiral Gloval and others unable to oppose him. The PS's learn about this coup, but that's about where it ended.

Moi
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Alternate Robotech RPG Campaign All Generations in One

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Sounds about as legit as Robotech itself. Heh. Sounds like you guys had fun.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I ran a similar setting where there was no actual alien invasion of any kind. The only alien intervention was the SDF-1 crashing itself. The UEG refit the SDF-1 as per Macross, but eventually the UNSPACY (a collection of countries opposed to a global government) broke away from the UEG and developed their own mecha. Both the UEG technology and the UNSPACY mecha could follow their liniage to the original Project Valkyrie and Project Excalibur. By the time the players are in, the UNSPACY were fighting the UEG with Macross II mecha and the UEG was using Invid Invasion and Masters era human mecha.

The setting also incorporated other Palladium setting like Rifts, Beyond the Supernatural (the Lazlo Society is working on uncovering the "alien ship conspiracy theory" from covered up by the global government), Systems Failure, Splicers, Century Station/Germancy Island/Villians Unlimited (HU2), and After the Bomb. The Euro Station from After the Bomb was the same group that made up the UN SPACY and was the base of the UN SPACY. The UEG retained Moon Base ALuCE, Space Station Liberty (Terran design), and Mars Base Sara. ALuCe and the Cyberworks base on the Mar Imbarium were often at odds, pitting Rifts Glitter Boys against Robotech Cyclones, Veritech Hover Tanks and Alpha/Betas.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Space....ooooperaaa!
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Both sound cool!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”