What Robotech era do You Play in?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What Robotech era you Play in?

1)Macross Saga:
41%
2)Robotech Master Saga:
21%
3)New Generation Saga:
14%
4)Shadow Chronicles:
24%

Total votes: 29

SolCannibal
Champion

Re: What Robotech era do You Play in?

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Jerell wrote:They should forget the live action stuff, and redo the animated series. Like SB Yamato did with Yamato 2199 or Gundam is doing with origin. I hope it's only a matter or time until they get around to giving the same teatment to SDF Macross. Then maybe, somehow we could get Southern Cross and New Gen redone... Oh well, I can dream.

Dream on brother, dream on. I think all of us would like to see a remake series indeed.
SolCannibal
Champion

Now back on track of discussing Robotech eras and stuff - came across some Sentinels-related art, basically the looks of the alien races allied against the Invid and it crossed my mind that they would fit to a tee into the Aliens Unlimited setting, really. :mrgreen:
EightBitEighties
D-Bee

Unread post by EightBitEighties »

My RL group fairly exclusively plays in the Macross Era, but I've been burned out on it for a pretty good while and, despite asking, they don't want to change and try out anything new. So, I started trying out some online forums and such and, after some world-building exercises, I've decided that I'm a strongly pro-Masters Era player. There's so much that can theoretically be done if one is willing to think outside the box.
"As you are now, so once were we. As we are now, soon shall you be."
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

any alien group can fit into the Aliens unlimited. I am impressed with the amount of votes the masters have gotten lately.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

SolCannibal
Champion

Lt Gargoyle wrote:any alien group can fit into the Aliens unlimited. I am impressed with the amount of votes the masters have gotten lately.

Maybe, but the Sentinel races seem to be straight out of the Galaxy Guide, visuals and all. True, 2nd era got more votes than i expected too.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I cannot say they don't, but you could say they come from the fantasy line as well. But the Novels and the Art 3 book show the Sentinels.

they are a pretty generic, Preytons are the coneheads from saturday night live. the Vulpine are cat fox people and those are in a large number of sci fi and fantasy. same with the bears. Amazons in space is nothing new. and the stone people have been used in a number of sci fi before as well. non of the sentinel races are unique.

this is why it feels like the fit so easily.

SolCannibal
Champion

Lt Gargoyle wrote:I cannot say they don't, but you could say they come from the fantasy line as well. But the Novels and the Art 3 book show the Sentinels.

they are a pretty generic, Preytons are the coneheads from saturday night live. the Vulpine are cat fox people and those are in a large number of sci fi and fantasy. same with the bears. Amazons in space is nothing new. and the stone people have been used in a number of sci fi before as well. none of the sentinel races are unique.

this is why it feels like the fit so easily.

True, true, the perytons are part conehead, part space devil, sort of a sci-fi standby since at least Childhood's End back in the 50s.
It was probably the combo - mystic space devil, animal-people and space amazons - that got my mind going in that direction.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I cannot say I blame you, In fact, you could use aliens unlimited to help transfer them to other game universes.

Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

If I ever get a game going it will be a Masters Saga game out of the RT serise I liked the Masters Saga the best.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

i use Shadow Chronicles but combine it with all the mechs after and add the O.C.C as well .if you want to know why post and ask me
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

While I voted Macross saga I did so only because it is my most successful setting to run as a GM. I've been running a PbP Macross/Malcontent era game since early 2006.

I do like the new Gen era because it allows you to mix mecha from all eras when running a group on Earth during its occupation.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”