Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

Packet finishes loading, PA ship-wide immediately broadcasts Minmei singing Iron Maiden's Greatest Hits on continuous loop.


Was this when she was a *budding chemist*? while she was trying to do a come back tour?


No, no *budding chemist*...she was full-blown 'Breaking Bad".

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

Packet finishes loading, PA ship-wide immediately broadcasts Minmei singing Iron Maiden's Greatest Hits on continuous loop.


Was this when she was a *budding chemist*? while she was trying to do a come back tour?


No, no *budding chemist*...she was full-blown 'Breaking Bad".



And she's still not doing time in prison?, how'd she swing that deal?

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

And she's still not doing time in prison?, how'd she swing that deal?


She owns all the Zentraedi lawyers.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:49 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Lest I forget....
The Gargoyle suffers another catastrophic setback on their attempts to return home when they get sideswiped into a black hole by a Ford Tesla...
"MMMMMMmmmmmuuussssskkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Lest I forget....
The Gargoyle suffers another catastrophic setback on their attempts to return home when they get sideswiped into a black hole by a Ford Tesla...
"MMMMMMmmmmmuuussssskkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!"


Heard on the Tesla's stereo as it continued on.

BTW: The Roadster is made by Tesla, not Ford.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Lest I forget....
The Gargoyle suffers another catastrophic setback on their attempts to return home when they get sideswiped into a black hole by a Ford Tesla...
"MMMMMMmmmmmuuussssskkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!"


Heard on the Tesla's stereo as it continued on.

BTW: The Roadster is made by Tesla, not Ford.


Sorry...I stand corrected..my day sucked like hard vacuum....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:45 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Lest I forget....
The Gargoyle suffers another catastrophic setback on their attempts to return home when they get sideswiped into a black hole by a Ford Tesla...
"MMMMMMmmmmmuuussssskkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!"


Heard on the Tesla's stereo as it continued on.

BTW: The Roadster is made by Tesla, not Ford.


Sorry...I stand corrected..my day sucked like hard vacuum....


Sorry to hear that. Enjoy the music.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:36 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[

Sorry to hear that. Enjoy the music.


What? 'Freefalling?' Sometimes the feeling's as being lost as the Gargoyle, in a void just as fathomless....
Maybe it's my imagination, playing tricks on me, but sometimes, like a 2088er, I can't shake that feeling of looking over my shoulder wondering when the other boot's going to drop.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:00 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
[

Sorry to hear that. Enjoy the music.


What? 'Freefalling?' Sometimes the feeling's as being lost as the Gargoyle, in a void just as fathomless....
Maybe it's my imagination, playing tricks on me, but sometimes, like a 2088er, I can't shake that feeling of looking over my shoulder wondering when the other boot's going to drop.


At that moment the Gatlantis armada shows up to try and capture the Gargoyle.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:50 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:

At that moment the Gatlantis armada shows up to try and capture the Gargoyle.



Proving that no matter how big an empire you possess, your intelligence service can still wind up staffed by imbeciles.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:39 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"...who is this man and what is he doing on my bridge?"
"Captain, he claims to be an agent of HG and he's here to oversee the sunsetting of our operations."
"...we're going home?!"
"No sir, he's mentioned scrapping us in place and liquidating the whole mission. He's evaluating the value of selling off the ship as recyclable metal."
"SCRAPPING the Gargoyle?!"
"Yessir. He also wants to know of any of us have any valuables, including gold fillings-"
"END OUR MISSION?!"
"I know, sir, given that we're more likely to scrap ourselves-"
"Nobody sells the Gargoyle out from under us! NOBODY!"
"Sir, he does have proof of holding the license to-"
"Is he proof against breathing vacuum?!"
"Ah-"
"Everybody strap in! Except -YOU-! YOU GET OFF MY SHIP!!!"
#EMERGENCY! BRIDGE DECOMPRESSION ALERT! EMERGENCY!#
<<<WHUUMPFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssss>>>

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:27 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Centuries later, a ship comes across the drifting hulk of the Gargoyle, full of flash frozen corpses.

EShemarrian: "Geez! it'll be a challenge even for us, to salvage anything from this!"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Centuries later, a ship comes across the drifting hulk of the Gargoyle, full of flash frozen corpses.

EShemarrian: "Geez! it'll be a challenge even for us, to salvage anything from this!"


Nah, Gargoyle's crew is USED to decompression.
After the unsecured lawyersdetritus gets sucked out, the crew closes the airlocks and repressurizes.
Then they wait awhile for the blindness and deafness from burst blood vessels, ignore the black eyes and 'vac-rash' everybody's sporting, and go back to work.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:28 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
Centuries later, a ship comes across the drifting hulk of the Gargoyle, full of flash frozen corpses.

EShemarrian: "Geez! it'll be a challenge even for us, to salvage anything from this!"


Nah, Gargoyle's crew is USED to decompression.
After the unsecured lawyersdetritus gets sucked out, the crew closes the airlocks and repressurizes.
Then they wait awhile for the blindness and deafness from burst blood vessels, ignore the black eyes and 'vac-rash' everybody's sporting, and go back to work.


Captain Ham:" Alright now that we have recovered we have a new mission, we are returning to earth to settle all scores. "

Captain Ham: *Just you wait Tommy, just you wait you mother F***ing jerk ass!, no one and I mean NO ONE scraps my ship! *

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:36 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
So Gargoyle's going to become a relativistic missile?
Yeah, sounds about right.

Meanwhile, I'm building Beige Squadron and Grey Company from the bare minimum of unpainted Robotech RPG Tactics miniatures.
They're unpainted, they're undistinguished, they're bare minimum talented, they all have forgettable names, and that's their strength!
They got overlooked for the Gargoyle mission and Khyron's legions respectively because they're just that forgettable!

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:41 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
So Gargoyle's going to become a relativistic missile?
Yeah, sounds about right.


All I can say is BDZ :twisted:

Quote:
Meanwhile, I'm building Beige Squadron and Grey Company from the bare minimum of unpainted Robotech RPG Tactics miniatures.
They're unpainted, they're undistinguished, they're bare minimum talented, they all have forgettable names, and that's their strength!
They got overlooked for the Gargoyle mission and Khyron's legions respectively because they're just that forgettable!


Really, I have been thinking of getting some RT minis but I'm not sure if I can afford them or not and I was hoping that there would be some Southern Cross and Robotech Masters minis as well as Nex Gen minis

Also what's Tommy's last name? :twisted:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

Really, I have been thinking of getting some RT minis but I'm not sure if I can afford them or not and I was hoping that there would be some Southern Cross and Robotech Masters minis as well as Nex Gen minis:


Sadly, I didn't wait until the liquidation, so I paid full price for most of mine.
Also sadly, no second or third generation minis(hell, there weren't even that many 1st gen minis...they were still working through the Macross models and setting new ones as Kickstarter goal prizes, like the MAC).

I doubt HG will let Ninja Division continue with the line.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:55 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"Yes sir, the Gargoyle is on a collision course with HG headquarters."

Mr. Yune: "Deploy Beige squadron to intercept."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
"Yes sir, the Gargoyle is on a collision course with HG headquarters."

Mr. Yune: "Deploy Beige squadron to intercept."


"Who?"

(The squadron in question is currently deployed in a local furniture outlet, camouflaged against several large swaths of tan wood paneling)

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:42 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
"Yes sir, the Gargoyle is on a collision course with HG headquarters."

Mr. Yune: "Deploy Beige squadron to intercept."


"Who?"

(The squadron in question is currently deployed in a local furniture outlet, camouflaged against several large swaths of tan wood paneling)


Mr.Yune: " Well sh-*BOOM!*

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:41 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[
Mr.Yune: " Well sh-*BOOM!*



Wow, somebody actually MISSES the presence of Beige Squadron.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
[
Mr.Yune: " Well sh-*BOOM!*



Wow, somebody actually MISSES the presence of Beige Squadron.


Well the word is that some one in Beige Squad has a relative in the Gargoyle's crew who sent world that Tommy's days were numbered and not to be on the same continent when the hit went down.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
Centuries later, a ship comes across the drifting hulk of the Gargoyle, full of flash frozen corpses.

EShemarrian: "Geez! it'll be a challenge even for us, to salvage anything from this!"


Nah, Gargoyle's crew is USED to decompression.
After the unsecured lawyersdetritus gets sucked out, the crew closes the airlocks and re-pressurizes.
Then they wait awhile for the blindness and deafness from burst blood vessels, ignore the black eyes and 'vac-rash' everybody's sporting, and go back to work.


Unfortunately, science has recently proven that Lawyers are related to xenomorphs ... vacuum might not be enough.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:17 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[

Unfortunately, science has recently proven that Lawyers are related to xenomorphs ... vacuum might not be enough.


Fortunately, the Gargoyle crew know a thing or two about triggering supernovas.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:31 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
[

Unfortunately, science has recently proven that Lawyers are related to xenomorphs ... vacuum might not be enough.


Fortunately, the Gargoyle crew know a thing or two about triggering supernovas.


Or dump the xeno-lawyers on some unsuspecting world just for the s****s and giggles.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Yeah, the Gargoyle makes LOTS of friends that way.
The United Federation of Planets would haul them up on violations of the Prime Directive for the lawyer-dumpings alone.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Yeah, the Gargoyle makes LOTS of friends that way.
The United Federation of Planets would haul them up on violations of the Prime Directive for the lawyer-dumpings alone.


That, and the load of Tribbles they dumped on Qo'noS.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Yeah, the Gargoyle makes LOTS of friends that way.
The United Federation of Planets would haul them up on violations of the Prime Directive for the lawyer-dumpings alone.


The Federation, those bunch of candy asses?, heh The Gargoyle's crew could argue that xeno-lawyer dumping is apart of their *culture* and they do it as apart of their *religion* to give the blessings of their gods on the world they dump the lawyers on. :twisted:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Yeah, the Gargoyle makes LOTS of friends that way.
The United Federation of Planets would haul them up on violations of the Prime Directive for the lawyer-dumpings alone.


That, and the load of Tribbles they dumped on Qo'noS.


Those weren't tribbles, they were Hyperkittens.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
The Gargoyle touches down in the capital...

Kirk: "Look at those appreciating crowds..." 8)

Tessa: "I think that's a mob, actually." :eek:

Welshie: (As the airlock crumples) "Well, who'd of thought the bat'leth was an MDC weapon!" :?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Never a good sign when the tarmac crew begin stoning the shuttlecraft.....or piling lumber and accelerants around it.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Never a good sign when the tarmac crew begin stoning the shuttlecraft.....or piling lumber and accelerants around it.



Talk about a *rough* and *hot* LZ

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
By the time they're leaving, ALL the LZs are hot...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
SRoss wrote:
By the time they're leaving, ALL the LZs are hot...


Good point but you have to wonder who made the LZs *hot* LZs, either the crew of the Gargoyle due to their *stellar* mataince of the ship's reactor core or the planet's natives to burn away all traces of the ship and it's crew.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
SRoss wrote:
By the time they're leaving, ALL the LZs are hot...


Good point but you have to wonder who made the LZs *hot* LZs, either the crew of the Gargoyle due to their *stellar* mataince of the ship's reactor core or the planet's natives to burn away all traces of the ship and it's crew.


Why not both? Stuffing the engine nozzles full of thermite can''t be too healthy for reactor shielding.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:11 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
SRoss wrote:
By the time they're leaving, ALL the LZs are hot...


Good point but you have to wonder who made the LZs *hot* LZs, either the crew of the Gargoyle due to their *stellar* mataince of the ship's reactor core or the planet's natives to burn away all traces of the ship and it's crew.


Why not both? Stuffing the engine nozzles full of thermite can''t be too healthy for reactor shielding.


You sound like you speak from experience. :twisted:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

You sound like you speak from experience. :twisted:



You get run out of a couple of jobs, you know what it feels to have your infrastructure blown out from behind you.... :(

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:32 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

You sound like you speak from experience. :twisted:



You get run out of a couple of jobs, you know what it feels to have your infrastructure blown out from behind you.... :(


I can sort of understand that, hope things get better for you.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:46 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"You know, Fooker, you didn't have to blow the explosive bolts on your cockpit and do a helmetless airlock dive. One, HAL DID open the hangar doors for you, and Two, you had your helmet with you."
"It's not about logic, it's about manliness! Ain't no way I'm going to be out-balled by some NASA wimp!"
"Whatever....keep it up and you'll be dead again."

(my older brother feels that Bowman's emergency entry into the Discovery has to count as 'one of the balliest moments in sci-fi cinema'....something that a lot of he-men would feel challenged by.)

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:52 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 am
Posts: 4591
Chief Toombs: "HAH! Not my fault this time!"

_________________
They can't see me...Right!?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Arnie100 wrote:
Chief Toombs: "HAH! Not my fault this time!"


"Who told you you could stop scrubbing the ship with your toothbrush!?!" :x


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:51 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Arnie100 wrote:
Chief Toombs: "HAH! Not my fault this time!"



Fooker didn't bother to check if the airlock he was going to freewalk was occupied first or not.
And Toombs forgot to post 'occupied' signs on the OUTSIDE of the airlock, as well as inadvertently disabled the pressure lockout safeties*.


*Though later investigation would show the airlock monitor records would show signs of tampering, making it unclear if it was Toombs or somebody else who had bypassed the safety protocols...about the only person NOT suspected was HAL, and that was because it was cut off from connection to any ship's life support systems by the judicious placement of several 5 ft thick non-conductive concrete blocks across certain fiber optic and wiring junctures.
So the real responsibility for Toombs' spacing would go unanswered...no that anybody particularly -cared-).

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:21 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Toombs' frozen corpse smacks against the bow of the ship...

"Tessa we're going in circles again!!!"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Toombs' frozen corpse smacks against the bow of the ship...

"Tessa we're going in circles again!!!"



"Okay, TARGET PRACTICE!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:44 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
Toombs' frozen corpse smacks against the bow of the ship...

"Tessa we're going in circles again!!!"



"Okay, TARGET PRACTICE!"


At that moment a Tesla runs down toombs and crashes into the Gargoyle's main reactor...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:36 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[
At that moment a Tesla runs down toombs and crashes into the Gargoyle's main reactor...


The mannequin is, against its protests, press-ganged into service aboard the Gargoyle.....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:25 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
[
At that moment a Tesla runs down toombs and crashes into the Gargoyle's main reactor...


The mannequin is, against its protests, press-ganged into service aboard the Gargoyle.....


Kirk: "Meet our new helmsman guys!"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43115
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"So you're the strong silent type, right?"
"Well, at least we know what happened to the Stig after the Rain of Death."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:43 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Cut to:

The Gargoyle embedded in a massive pipe organ...

Tessa: "IswaretoGodthecometcameoutofnowhere!!!" :eek:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:52 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Shifual Sabera: "I am the Silver Priestess, the one and only pilot of the Gatlantan Empire."

Tessa: (Touching an organ key) "What's this do?"



          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group