Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:45 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
SRoss wrote:
Officers Lounge, the 37th's base...

Redrum: "My task is done. Turn the other way sir."

Morgan: "What?"

Redrum: "I'm the wind sir, no one sees me leave. It's my thing."

Morgan: "Ok." (Turns his back to Redrum)

Sounds of running... Leap THUD!!! CRACK!!!

Jones: :eek: :eek: :eek: "Um, sir, it appears that the wind has broken his arm, and cracked the observation port. :eek: :eek: :eek:


This just goes to show that being in the 37th is not all it's cracked up to be.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:47 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Of course, even when Murgy arranges an ambush for the 37th on the surface, he's confused when the cartel assassins try to kill HIM first and to the exception of anybody else. He just figures he's caught the clumsy overkill.


Captain Morgan: " Well dying in ignorence is not a way I'd want to go out, better him then me. "

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:01 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
SRoss wrote:
Officers Lounge, the 37th's base...

Redrum: "My task is done. Turn the other way sir."

Morgan: "What?"

Redrum: "I'm the wind sir, no one sees me leave. It's my thing."

Morgan: "Ok." (Turns his back to Redrum)

Sounds of running... Leap THUD!!! CRACK!!!

Jones: :eek: :eek: :eek: "Um, sir, it appears that the wind has broken his arm, and cracked the observation port. :eek: :eek: :eek:


This just goes to show that being in the 37th is not all it's cracked up to be.


Well, it's a mish-MASH of good and bad.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Well, it's a mish-MASH of good and bad.


Aaaggg! the PUNisment!!!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Well, it's a mish-MASH of good and bad.


Aaaggg! the PUNisment!!!


Blame the concussion(which I don't have). Next I'll be expounding on the miracle of the hand.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Well, it's a mish-MASH of good and bad.


Aaaggg! the PUNisment!!!


Blame the concussion(which I don't have). Next I'll be expounding on the miracle of the hand.


No Comment, but on the bright side of things it will be a handy pick me up.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Yeah, Redrum's plans go awry...like when he tried wiring a torpedo in one of the tubes to go off, while he flooded the engine room and escaped out through an escape hatch. The way it worked out was; the torpedo (inadvertently directional) explosion blew the sub out of the muck it was stuck in, the flooding counterbalanced the ship when it floated free, which then managed to get underway on auxiliary power, and his effort to open the escape hatch again balanced the ship for running. They still had to pump out the main engineering spaces, and repair some damage forward, but it was nowhere near the intended effect.

Another time the IRBM he had rigged to explode in its launch tube instead popped out of the ship and bullseye'd the Cartel subhunter that had managed to creep undetected into a kill position above the 37th.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:30 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Yeah, Redrum's plans go awry...like when he tried wiring a torpedo in one of the tubes to go off, while he flooded the engine room and escaped out through an escape hatch. The way it worked out was; the torpedo (inadvertently directional) explosion blew the sub out of the muck it was stuck in, the flooding counterbalanced the ship when it floated free, which then managed to get underway on auxiliary power, and his effort to open the escape hatch again balanced the ship for running. They still had to pump out the main engineering spaces, and repair some damage forward, but it was nowhere near the intended effect.

Another time the IRBM he had rigged to explode in its launch tube instead popped out of the ship and bullseye'd the Cartel subhunter that had managed to creep undetected into a kill position above the 37th.



Which is more proof that what ever god or gods if any truly do have a sense of irony when it comes to favouring the screws in the univernce.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:06 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[


Which is more proof that what ever god or gods if any truly do have a sense of irony when it comes to favouring the screws in the univernce.


The 37th might have replaced their props with waterjets or Red October-style EM caterpillar drives(though the latter would probably show up pretty nicely to an MAD). :P

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
[


Which is more proof that what ever god or gods if any truly do have a sense of irony when it comes to favouring the screws in the univernce.


The 37th might have replaced their props with waterjets or Red October-style EM caterpillar drives(though the latter would probably show up pretty nicely to an MAD). :P



Well it would go a long way in exsplaning why the 37th is so *Driven* :P

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Well, there was that one best-forgotten experiment with the paddle-wheel submarine...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:52 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Well, there was that one best-forgotten experiment with the paddle-wheel submarine...



Which was sold off to a third world power for resoruces.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:54 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Well, there was that one best-forgotten experiment with the paddle-wheel submarine...



Which was sold off to a third world power for resoruces.


A year's supply of durian fruit.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Well, there was that one best-forgotten experiment with the paddle-wheel submarine...



Which was sold off to a third world power for resoruces.


A year's supply of durian fruit.


Which were used as the armor pericing componets for the 37'th torps.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:42 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

Which were used as the armor pericing componets for the 37'th torps.


And the nearly incapacitating stench drifting over the waters afterwards...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

Which were used as the armor pericing componets for the 37'th torps.


And the nearly incapacitating stench drifting over the waters afterwards...



Naval biological warfare?, works for me Cue the giant mutant squids! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
THat was AFTER the 37th ripped the operation of the mad scientist who'd been using a protoculture chamber to macronize sea life. They stopped his experiments...but inadvertently unleashed the scientist's stock of mutated animals into the ecosystem(ANOTHER reason Greenpeace is after parts of the 37th's anatomies).

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:55 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
THat was AFTER the 37th ripped the operation of the mad scientist who'd been using a protoculture chamber to macronize sea life. They stopped his experiments...but inadvertently unleashed the scientist's stock of mutated animals into the ecosystem(ANOTHER reason Greenpeace is after parts of the 37th's anatomies).


*Captain Morgan smiles as he lights up a cigar*

Captain Morgan:" Nothing like a good cigar after a good day's work, after all Revenge is a dish best served WET. " :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:50 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Sir...your revenge just fouled the ship's main screws again....and our usual redshirts refuse to pry tentacles off the hull again this week..."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:58 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
"Sir...your revenge just fouled the ship's main screws again....and our usual redshirts refuse to pry tentacles off the hull again this week..."


Captain Morgan: " Tell them there will be an extra ration of *spiced* rum for the first man to clear the obstruction. "

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:09 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Hmmm...we're lacking an eccentric ship's engineer...the guy or girl who keeps proposing various new engineering schemes for improving their old equipment, or really far-out propulsion schemes...like supercavitating rocket propulsion:
"We'll FLY through the water, hell, we'll fly through the air!"
"...given the state of navigation on this tub, we'll only run aground that much faster...and as for the flying part...remember your experiments with hydrogen peroxide power? The rest of the crew didn't. I think we were in freefall longer than ARMD crews..."
"If you'd set the diving planes like I told you, we would have glided to a gentle landing..."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
New 37th Crewmembers

Chief ‘Plowshare’ Plowdowski-
--Chief Engineer of the 37th’s submersible vessels. An eccentric tinkerer and self-professed ‘propulsion experimenter’. Formerly part of the ASC Navy assigned to carrier operations during the Malcontent Uprisings, but came to the wrong sort of attention when his unauthorized ‘improvements’ resulted in a Daedalus aircraft carrier winding up six miles inland inside Malcontent-held territory. After a fighting retreat that almost cost the Navy an Admiral, Plowdowski was deepsixed into the 37th, rather than dismissed from service as some wanted, on the offhand chance some good might come of his mania after a suitable calm-down period....or he might overload the 37th’s shipboard reactors and spare everybody a courtmartial. Plowdowski continues to experiment with various old and new propulsion and powerplant schemes, convinced that the next revolution in naval engineering is just around the corner. He’s recently tried to get ahold of the schematics for the old Saturn V main booster engines, which has everybody else in the 37th very worried.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:13 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
New 37th Crewmembers

Chief ‘Plowshare’ Plowdowski-
--Chief Engineer of the 37th’s submersible vessels. An eccentric tinkerer and self-professed ‘propulsion experimenter’. Formerly part of the ASC Navy assigned to carrier operations during the Malcontent Uprisings, but came to the wrong sort of attention when his unauthorized ‘improvements’ resulted in a Daedalus aircraft carrier winding up six miles inland inside Malcontent-held territory. After a fighting retreat that almost cost the Navy an Admiral, Plowdowski was deepsixed into the 37th, rather than dismissed from service as some wanted, on the offhand chance some good might come of his mania after a suitable calm-down period....or he might overload the 37th’s shipboard reactors and spare everybody a courtmartial. Plowdowski continues to experiment with various old and new propulsion and powerplant schemes, convinced that the next revolution in naval engineering is just around the corner. He’s recently tried to get ahold of the schematics for the old Saturn V main booster engines, which has everybody else in the 37th very worried.



" Fourth Wall Gang Approved! " :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:16 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Reporter: "So, the IceGuard had the advantage of being frozen during the tail end of the war with the Masters and through most of the Invid Invasion, but the 37th was active that whole time. How'd you guys survive?"

Capt. Morgan: "Lots of rum and Resist and Bite - by Sabaton on continuous loop."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:23 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Tri’Tahn---Yellow-haired, blue-skinned and OUTRAGEOUS Tri’Tahn is the Zentraedi ‘warlord’ in charge of the peaceable undersea kingdom of Tri’Hiti. For the citizens of his little kingdom, life is idyllic and hedonistic by human standards; they swim in the warm waters, harvest the seas, bask on the beaches of desert isles, drink exotic concoctions, make out like bonobos in rut, and raid the occasional micronian ship or shore community for the makings of a party. Sometimes Tri’Tahn harnesses up his whale chariot and goes cruising around the ocean, scaring the bejessus out of the authorities, annoying fishermen, and giving the cruise lines a show as he comes up and demands a tithe of half the booze they have aboard as toll for crossing ‘his’ ocean, before laughingly descending back into the ocean depths. Despite his acts of piracy, though, most shoreside communities don’t take him seriously, and in fact his ‘shakedowns’ are something of a tourist draw. Many just wind up arranging to have Tri’Tahn periodically ‘raid’ them, put on a spectacle(easy enough when a dozen bikini-clad female Zentraedi come up out of the water flanking a big blonde male Zentraedi built like Joe Atlas) for the tourists, do a little tax-deductible damage for insurance purposes, and make off with ‘loot’ set aside for him.
Perhaps because Tri’Tahn has so much more FUN as a pirate and slacker than the 37th, and keeps giving the Southern Cross Navy the slip, he has a reputation as something of a Robin Hood of the Waves. The Southern Cross would love to arrest him, but the fact is, Tri’Tahn is such a small fish with regards to his crimes, that most ASC Navy units just ignore him, in order to concentrate on more important matters.
Captain Morgan of the 37th regards Tri’Tahn as a big annoyance and a rival of sorts, especially when the Zentraedi beats him to prime salvage, steals a march on him, or committs some OUTRAGEOUS stunt that Captain Morgan feels the 37th should have done. There’s a love/hate relationship between the 37th and the Tri’Hitans similar to that between Ice Guard and the Snarky-Angry Eskimos. Master Sergeant Petra trades with the Tri’Hitans on the sly, which gives her an excuse to ogle the almost completely nekkid Tri’Hitan women.

Tri’Hiti is based around a cluster of four wrecked Zentraedi warships lying on the ocean bottom off the Australian coast. About half the compartments in the sunken ships are still watertight, and the Zentraedi have rigged docking gantry tunnels between the ships, linking them together to share air and power. While many of the airlocks are still working, operation underwater is problematic, so the Zentraedi use open bottomed ‘moonpools’ in the lower decks to swim in and out of their submarine homes. The partial collapse of a nearby seamount partially burying the four ships has helped disguise them against the seafloor. The Tri’Hitans have enough stockpiled missiles and mecha to give them a good solid defense, and means of seriously bloodying the nose of anybody coming after them, but they’ve shown little interest in using that power offensively in support of any other Malcontent groups.
Whether by accident, extreme conditioning, or perhaps some sort of Tirolian genetic engineering, Tri’Tahn’s subjects have the breathholding capacity of whales. They’re also damned good swimmers able to outpace many watercraft.
For the most part the Tri’Hitans spent their days farming fish in underwater pens, tinkering with machinery, lounging around in next to nothing, and making out with each other, when they aren’t out on invitation ‘raiding’ coastal resort communities and ocean liners, engaging in the occasonal act of REAL high seas piracy, or skivving off the 37th.

Insignia---A gold Zentraedi ‘V’ with a central tine in the middle, on a green or blue background.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:41 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Tri’Tahn--


ASC Intelligence Analyst: "General Sir, I don't think you understand the danger here. What if Tri'Tahn and Morgan put aside their differences and start working together!?!"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:43 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
And thus the Sacred Brotherhood of Pirates is born again.....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Tri’Tahn---Yellow-haired, blue-skinned and OUTRAGEOUS Tri’Tahn is the Zentraedi ‘warlord’ in charge of the peaceable undersea kingdom of Tri’Hiti. For the citizens of his little kingdom, life is idyllic and hedonistic by human standards; they swim in the warm waters, harvest the seas, bask on the beaches of desert isles, drink exotic concoctions, make out like bonobos in rut, and raid the occasional micronian ship or shore community for the makings of a party. Sometimes Tri’Tahn harnesses up his whale chariot and goes cruising around the ocean, scaring the bejessus out of the authorities, annoying fishermen, and giving the cruise lines a show as he comes up and demands a tithe of half the booze they have aboard as toll for crossing ‘his’ ocean, before laughingly descending back into the ocean depths. Despite his acts of piracy, though, most shoreside communities don’t take him seriously, and in fact his ‘shakedowns’ are something of a tourist draw. Many just wind up arranging to have Tri’Tahn periodically ‘raid’ them, put on a spectacle(easy enough when a dozen bikini-clad female Zentraedi come up out of the water flanking a big blonde male Zentraedi built like Joe Atlas) for the tourists, do a little tax-deductible damage for insurance purposes, and make off with ‘loot’ set aside for him.
Perhaps because Tri’Tahn has so much more FUN as a pirate and slacker than the 37th, and keeps giving the Southern Cross Navy the slip, he has a reputation as something of a Robin Hood of the Waves. The Southern Cross would love to arrest him, but the fact is, Tri’Tahn is such a small fish with regards to his crimes, that most ASC Navy units just ignore him, in order to concentrate on more important matters.
Captain Morgan of the 37th regards Tri’Tahn as a big annoyance and a rival of sorts, especially when the Zentraedi beats him to prime salvage, steals a march on him, or committs some OUTRAGEOUS stunt that Captain Morgan feels the 37th should have done. There’s a love/hate relationship between the 37th and the Tri’Hitans similar to that between Ice Guard and the Snarky-Angry Eskimos. Master Sergeant Petra trades with the Tri’Hitans on the sly, which gives her an excuse to ogle the almost completely nekkid Tri’Hitan women.

Tri’Hiti is based around a cluster of four wrecked Zentraedi warships lying on the ocean bottom off the Australian coast. About half the compartments in the sunken ships are still watertight, and the Zentraedi have rigged docking gantry tunnels between the ships, linking them together to share air and power. While many of the airlocks are still working, operation underwater is problematic, so the Zentraedi use open bottomed ‘moonpools’ in the lower decks to swim in and out of their submarine homes. The partial collapse of a nearby seamount partially burying the four ships has helped disguise them against the seafloor. The Tri’Hitans have enough stockpiled missiles and mecha to give them a good solid defense, and means of seriously bloodying the nose of anybody coming after them, but they’ve shown little interest in using that power offensively in support of any other Malcontent groups.
Whether by accident, extreme conditioning, or perhaps some sort of Tirolian genetic engineering, Tri’Tahn’s subjects have the breathholding capacity of whales. They’re also damned good swimmers able to outpace many watercraft.
For the most part the Tri’Hitans spent their days farming fish in underwater pens, tinkering with machinery, lounging around in next to nothing, and making out with each other, when they aren’t out on invitation ‘raiding’ coastal resort communities and ocean liners, engaging in the occasonal act of REAL high seas piracy, or skivving off the 37th.

Insignia---A gold Zentraedi ‘V’ with a central tine in the middle, on a green or blue background.


Sweet. defently *Chapter....err... Fourth Wall Gang Aproved. "

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:50 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
And thus the Sacred Brotherhood of Pirates is born again.....


As well as *Regional Conflicts* world wide :twisted:

Hey the ASC has got to have something to do besides looking pretty and sitting on their asses, I mean the avrage trooper can only take so much of parade drills before snaping and raising hell some where just for the s****s and giggles.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:51 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Lose the gold shirt and green pants, though."
"Why? It is OUTRAGEOUS!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
And thus the Sacred Brotherhood of Pirates is born again.....


As well as *Regional Conflicts* world wide :twisted:

Hey the ASC has got to have something to do besides looking pretty and sitting on their asses, I mean the avrage trooper can only take so much of parade drills before snaping and raising hell some where just for the s****s and giggles.


"So we blame it on the 37th and start shooting people."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:04 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
"Lose the gold shirt and green pants, though."
"Why? It is OUTRAGEOUS!"


Tri"Tahn: "Morgan, why do you stand like you have your foot on something, when nothing is there?"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm
Posts: 506
Location: Lancaster County, land of the amish
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool
taalismn wrote:
Tri’Tahn---Yellow-haired, blue-skinned and OUTRAGEOUS Tri’Tahn is the Zentraedi ‘warlord’ in charge of the peaceable undersea kingdom of Tri’Hiti. For the citizens of his little kingdom, life is idyllic and hedonistic by human standards; they swim in the warm waters, harvest the seas, bask on the beaches of desert isles, drink exotic concoctions, make out like bonobos in rut, and raid the occasional micronian ship or shore community for the makings of a party. Sometimes Tri’Tahn harnesses up his whale chariot and goes cruising around the ocean, scaring the bejessus out of the authorities, annoying fishermen, and giving the cruise lines a show as he comes up and demands a tithe of half the booze they have aboard as toll for crossing ‘his’ ocean, before laughingly descending back into the ocean depths. Despite his acts of piracy, though, most shoreside communities don’t take him seriously, and in fact his ‘shakedowns’ are something of a tourist draw. Many just wind up arranging to have Tri’Tahn periodically ‘raid’ them, put on a spectacle(easy enough when a dozen bikini-clad female Zentraedi come up out of the water flanking a big blonde male Zentraedi built like Joe Atlas) for the tourists, do a little tax-deductible damage for insurance purposes, and make off with ‘loot’ set aside for him.
Perhaps because Tri’Tahn has so much more FUN as a pirate and slacker than the 37th, and keeps giving the Southern Cross Navy the slip, he has a reputation as something of a Robin Hood of the Waves. The Southern Cross would love to arrest him, but the fact is, Tri’Tahn is such a small fish with regards to his crimes, that most ASC Navy units just ignore him, in order to concentrate on more important matters.
Captain Morgan of the 37th regards Tri’Tahn as a big annoyance and a rival of sorts, especially when the Zentraedi beats him to prime salvage, steals a march on him, or committs some OUTRAGEOUS stunt that Captain Morgan feels the 37th should have done. There’s a love/hate relationship between the 37th and the Tri’Hitans similar to that between Ice Guard and the Snarky-Angry Eskimos. Master Sergeant Petra trades with the Tri’Hitans on the sly, which gives her an excuse to ogle the almost completely nekkid Tri’Hitan women.

Tri’Hiti is based around a cluster of four wrecked Zentraedi warships lying on the ocean bottom off the Australian coast. About half the compartments in the sunken ships are still watertight, and the Zentraedi have rigged docking gantry tunnels between the ships, linking them together to share air and power. While many of the airlocks are still working, operation underwater is problematic, so the Zentraedi use open bottomed ‘moonpools’ in the lower decks to swim in and out of their submarine homes. The partial collapse of a nearby seamount partially burying the four ships has helped disguise them against the seafloor. The Tri’Hitans have enough stockpiled missiles and mecha to give them a good solid defense, and means of seriously bloodying the nose of anybody coming after them, but they’ve shown little interest in using that power offensively in support of any other Malcontent groups.
Whether by accident, extreme conditioning, or perhaps some sort of Tirolian genetic engineering, Tri’Tahn’s subjects have the breathholding capacity of whales. They’re also damned good swimmers able to outpace many watercraft.
For the most part the Tri’Hitans spent their days farming fish in underwater pens, tinkering with machinery, lounging around in next to nothing, and making out with each other, when they aren’t out on invitation ‘raiding’ coastal resort communities and ocean liners, engaging in the occasonal act of REAL high seas piracy, or skivving off the 37th.

Insignia---A gold Zentraedi ‘V’ with a central tine in the middle, on a green or blue background.


I can imagine this place becoming a Zent haven during the Invid war. Hell they could expand it by hulling other ships and pumping out the water.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:18 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
And thus the Sacred Brotherhood of Pirates is born again.....


As well as *Regional Conflicts* world wide :twisted:

Hey the ASC has got to have something to do besides looking pretty and sitting on their asses, I mean the avrage trooper can only take so much of parade drills before snaping and raising hell some where just for the s****s and giggles.


"So we blame it on the 37th and start shooting people."



The Offical line given to the public about the regional war(s) is that a small ASC unit *came under attack* which drew the ASC into the small but ever incressing conflict werever to *protect* *innocent* humans from the *Evil Enemy*(what ever flavour the *Evil Enemy.* happens to be at the time, much like in real life *Regional Conflicts*)

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Chronicler wrote:
[I can imagine this place becoming a Zent haven during the Invid war. Hell they could expand it by hulling other ships and pumping out the water.


Or, if the community is discovered by the Invid, this forces them to cooperate with the 37th in finding a deeper refuge(or refuges).
As has been suggested, the 37th might live out the Occupation, not time-skip like Ice Guard.
Having hidden from their own people for so long, the 37th is well-suited for effectively hiding from the Invid.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:09 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
Chronicler wrote:
[I can imagine this place becoming a Zent haven during the Invid war. Hell they could expand it by hulling other ships and pumping out the water.


Or, if the community is discovered by the Invid, this forces them to cooperate with the 37th in finding a deeper refuge(or refuges).
As has been suggested, the 37th might live out the Occupation, not time-skip like Ice Guard.
Having hidden from their own people for so long, the 37th is well-suited for effectively hiding from the Invid.


That is true and I'm sure that given that Zent ships have a greater depth toloerence then the invid mechs it would safe to say that the 37th towed some Zent ships to a greater depth and help the community get set up in a safer location.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:15 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
UENS Typhus

---The Typhus is the 37th’s primary ‘warship’, a Soviet-era Russian Typhoon-class SSBN, built hastily and late during the Global Civil War, that got sold to the French Navy after the arrival of the Visitor/ASS-1/SDF-1 and the Russian Federation was busy cleaning out its old equipment and settling post-Truce reparations in anticipation of the UEG modernization programs using reverse-engineered alien technology. Though initially pleased with acquiring such a piece of hot-$#!+ Soviet technology, with an eye towards replacing/supplementing their Le Triumphant-class SSBNs, also rendered effectively obsolete overnight by the Visitor, after a some effort to convert and adapt the vessel(including trying to refit the tubes and silos to use the new ‘standardized’ missiles being promoted by the nascent UEDF), the French Navy decided to wait and see what would shake out from the UEG modernization programs in the way of new designs, and the Typhoon was shifted to naval reserve. The vessel survived the Rain of Death by being on a shakedown/orientation cruise to a remote French island possession, and with the effective extinction of France as a nation, turned over to the post-Rain UEG Navy. After a few years of trying to find a purpose for the sub, which showed the accumulated signs of Soviet neglect and half-hearted French tinkering, the UEGN gave the ship one last modernization makeover as part of an effort to give one of the UEG’s members with redeveloped ports work in handling big naval contracts. But with most of the effort and resources going to developing the UEG’s space forces, the wet navy got short shrift in budgeting, and the refit yard quit halfway through the attempted upgrade. Ultimately the old Typhoon was downgraded to reserve-mothball status(especially after the Russian component of the Southern Cross launched its Typhoon-successor, the Leviathan-class SSBN, based on the Beachmaster, and optimized for nuking alien alien warships in near orbit), and ultimately was assigned to the 37th, rather than the scrapyard.
The Typhoon SSBN’s original Russian name forgotten(TK23?), the vessel was known as the ‘Typhon’ in French service, but a clerical mistake at the final refitting yard got the vessel renamed the ‘Typhus’ when it was turned over to the 37th. Unfortunately, the name stuck, especially among outsiders. Despite various attempts by its crew to re-instate the original class-name as its official ship name, make the name into a more mellow ‘Typh’, ‘Typhie’, or ‘’Typher’, or call it something else (like the ‘Rapine Storm’), the 37th winds up, in the end, calling their ship the ‘Typhus’ after all(“Okay, everybody report back to the Typhus! I mean the Rapine Stor---oh hell.”). Worse, many of the regular crewmembers are becoming known as typhoids...


Of course, it's possible that the sub has hidden episodes in its history...maybe its hasty construction during the GCW resulted in deaths among the workers, or it suffered an accident or two prior to being turned over to the French...maybe the FRENCH ran it aground a couple of times, or had some accidents trying to refit it....nnd that's just before the UEG got ahold of it after the Rain of Death...
And who knows where it was refitted? India, Korea, Indonesia, South Africa? :D

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:26 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
UENS Typhus

---The Typhus is the 37th’s primary ‘warship’, a Soviet-era Russian Typhoon-class SSBN, built hastily and late during the Global Civil War, that got sold to the French Navy after the arrival of the Visitor/ASS-1/SDF-1 and the Russian Federation was busy cleaning out its old equipment and settling post-Truce reparations in anticipation of the UEG modernization programs using reverse-engineered alien technology. Though initially pleased with acquiring such a piece of hot-$#!+ Soviet technology, with an eye towards replacing/supplementing their Le Triumphant-class SSBNs, also rendered effectively obsolete overnight by the Visitor, after a some effort to convert and adapt the vessel(including trying to refit the tubes and silos to use the new ‘standardized’ missiles being promoted by the nascent UEDF), the French Navy decided to wait and see what would shake out from the UEG modernization programs in the way of new designs, and the Typhoon was shifted to naval reserve. The vessel survived the Rain of Death by being on a shakedown/orientation cruise to a remote French island possession, and with the effective extinction of France as a nation, turned over to the post-Rain UEG Navy. After a few years of trying to find a purpose for the sub, which showed the accumulated signs of Soviet neglect and half-hearted French tinkering, the UEGN gave the ship one last modernization makeover as part of an effort to give one of the UEG’s members with redeveloped ports work in handling big naval contracts. But with most of the effort and resources going to developing the UEG’s space forces, the wet navy got short shrift in budgeting, and the refit yard quit halfway through the attempted upgrade. Ultimately the old Typhoon was downgraded to reserve-mothball status(especially after the Russian component of the Southern Cross launched its Typhoon-successor, the Leviathan-class SSBN, based on the Beachmaster, and optimized for nuking alien alien warships in near orbit), and ultimately was assigned to the 37th, rather than the scrapyard.
The Typhoon SSBN’s original Russian name forgotten(TK23?), the vessel was known as the ‘Typhon’ in French service, but a clerical mistake at the final refitting yard got the vessel renamed the ‘Typhus’ when it was turned over to the 37th. Unfortunately, the name stuck, especially among outsiders. Despite various attempts by its crew to re-instate the original class-name as its official ship name, make the name into a more mellow ‘Typh’, ‘Typhie’, or ‘’Typher’, or call it something else (like the ‘Rapine Storm’), the 37th winds up, in the end, calling their ship the ‘Typhus’ after all(“Okay, everybody report back to the Typhus! I mean the Rapine Stor---oh hell.”). Worse, many of the regular crewmembers are becoming known as typhoids...


Of course, it's possible that the sub has hidden episodes in its history...maybe its hasty construction during the GCW resulted in deaths among the workers, or it suffered an accident or two prior to being turned over to the French...maybe the FRENCH ran it aground a couple of times, or had some accidents trying to refit it....nnd that's just before the UEG got ahold of it after the Rain of Death...
And who knows where it was refitted? India, Korea, Indonesia, South Africa? :D


Knowing the 37th's luck, probably Korea. Interesting that it's not one the Typhoons that were converted into VTOL Aircraft Carriers.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
North or South?
Ironically, if you look at a night-time picture of Earth from orbit, South Korea is very clearly delineated by its well-lot nightlife, while on NOrth Korea only the capital of Poonyang(sp?) shows up, If I were Zentraedi during the Rain of Death and looking to blast targets of micronian civilization, guess where I'd aim?

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:35 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
North or South?
Ironically, if you look at a night-time picture of Earth from orbit, South Korea is very clearly delineated by its well-lot nightlife, while on NOrth Korea only the capital of Poonyang(sp?) shows up, If I were Zentraedi during the Rain of Death and looking to blast targets of micronian civilization, guess where I'd aim?


North

Further proof that God watches over the insane.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Chief Plowdowski will later become (in)famous for his attempt to supercharge the Typhus using geothermal power, but will instead be responsible for creating a new island in the Hawaiian island chain, nearly destroy the Hawaiian pineapple industry, put an offshore drilling platform into orbit, and incidentally lower global temperatures an average of 3 degrees for several years...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:14 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Chief Plowdowski: "Sir! I was studying some paperwork left behind by the Fourth Wall Gang. Something to do with flying battleships. I've finally modified the Typhus!"

Capt. Morgan: "Really?"

Chief Plowdowski: "Yeah, the girls took it get it washed." :mrgreen:



Capt. Morgan: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jones "Did they just blow up Poonyang?"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:59 pm
  

User avatar
Rifts® Trivia Master

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:37 pm
Posts: 13068
Location: Missouri
SRoss wrote:


it's like the Nautilus from Nadia of Blue water, and the Tuatha De Dannan from Full Metal Panic had a kid..

_________________
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
Image
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:08 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Posat-Refit Typhus would be nothing so elegant....it would be more like the supertankers on this page:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/12/eccentric-brilliance-of-stan-mott.html

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:18 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Posat-Refit Typhus would be nothing so elegant....it would be more like the supertankers on this page:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/12/eccentric-brilliance-of-stan-mott.html


Actually I see it more along the lines on the Typhoon class Ted Nomura drew, where they replaced the missile silos with a sealed hanger and folding hatch to accommodate Sea Harriers.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:31 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Posat-Refit Typhus would be nothing so elegant....it would be more like the supertankers on this page:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/12/eccentric-brilliance-of-stan-mott.html


Actually I see it more along the lines on the Typhoon class Ted Nomura drew, where they replaced the missile silos with a sealed hanger and folding hatch to accommodate Sea Harriers.



Possible, but we still have to have a few 'mystery missile silos' that NOBODY knows what's in them(Alpha-Omega Bomb? Several years' accumulated Soviet Navy soiled laundry? Stalisnists in suspended animation?). :P

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:42 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Posat-Refit Typhus would be nothing so elegant....it would be more like the supertankers on this page:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/12/eccentric-brilliance-of-stan-mott.html


Actually I see it more along the lines on the Typhoon class Ted Nomura drew, where they replaced the missile silos with a sealed hanger and folding hatch to accommodate Sea Harriers.



Possible, but we still have to have a few 'mystery missile silos' that NOBODY knows what's in them(Alpha-Omega Bomb? Several years' accumulated Soviet Navy soiled laundry? Stalisnists in suspended animation?). :P



So many plot devices, not that that is a bad thing, it's a given that any navel unit is going to have some *vices*.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:30 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
The problem is, the 37th has so many vices, they could start a woodshop. or pressure-clamp their own composite structures...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:33 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 1367
taalismn wrote:
The problem is, the 37th has so many vices, they could start a woodshop. or pressure-clamp their own composite structures...


Basicly like any modren day navy but with robotechnoligy and a much reduced global population.

_________________
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43105
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Kargan3033 wrote:
[

Basicly like any modren day navy but with robotechnoligy and a much reduced global population.


"We take what we can get, given that our pool of options is much diminished since the Rain of Death. That means accepting some serious dregs..."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group