Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:08 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
I'm suddenly envisioning a "WIVING THE ICEGUARD campaign. Starting with the girls of the E.B.S.I.S. Penal battalion...

Lt. Darklith: "I sware to god sir, they're all defectors!"


Or to b fair: "HUSBANDING THE ICEGUARD" campaign.
"Single Asian-American Female, 24, seeks supportive male mate not turned off by proficiency with knives, explosives, and flame throwers. Must enjoy great outdoors, skiing, cuddling, and bitter cold. Durability and resistance to food poisoning a must. Send profile and picture to IGCLOVECONNECT063"


Actually, the girls of IceGuard prefer the DIRECT approach.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[
Actually, the girls of IceGuard prefer the DIRECT approach.


"Some of us prefer to use tranquilizer darts."

"Dean, you've got something like a dozen darts sticking out of your backside..."
"I know. I'm REALLY glad I've wearing layers, and a suit of anti-mosquito mesh* as well."

*Similar to Neptunic, the anti-shark chainmail worn by some scubadivers. IceGuard had to manufacture the stuff after the Great Mosquito Horde of '21.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:51 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"Um, Lorina, you were supposed to catch the male model's ship ... not blast it." :nh:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
"Um, Lorina, you were supposed to catch the male model's ship ... not blast it." :nh:



And thus Derek Zoolander was prevented from contaminating the Ice Guard gene pool....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:46 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Celsia: "The females here are remarkably good at weeding good stock from bad... My children can learn much from them."

IceGuard Males: :eek: :shock: :? :frazz: :erm: :ugh: :puke:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Basically up here the dating scene is a three-tiered evolutionary weeding process....The weather, the ecology, and finally each other. Tends to winnow out the undesirables fairly fast. If you can make it across the base court yard without freezing solid or getting eaten, and to the table you reserved for your date, you're doing pretty good so far, but don't drop your guard; I can almost guarantee your greatest life or death challenge is still coming."

"Honestly, is there anybody in a WORSE courtship situation that doesn't involve the female eating him?"

"Karno, you have faced many of the challenges of the Muses and survived them, but survival alone does not signify fitness or worthiness. You now face evaluation such as you have never experienced before; tests of your body and soul like nothing that have come before, and should you continue your pursuit of Musica, you will look upon what you have already suff---experienced, and envy your blind naivete. Do you wish to continue?""..uh..."
"Time's up. Default initiation of next stage challenge!"
"What?!...wai-!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:32 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Tenchi and Shinji, wake up in their dorm room, suddenly aware of the hoards of female eyes staring at them in the darkness.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Tenchi and Shinji, wake up in their dorm room, suddenly aware of the hoards of female eyes staring at them in the darkness.



..not having realized that, when trooping to the segregated newbie barracks, everybody looks the same in full coverage parkas, and that they have accidentally taken up residence in the FEMALE dorm...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:37 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
Tenchi and Shinji, wake up in their dorm room, suddenly aware of the hoards of female eyes staring at them in the darkness.



..not having realized that, when trooping to the segregated newbie barracks, everybody looks the same in full coverage parkas, and that they have accidentally taken up residence in the FEMALE dorm...


Random IceGuard Trooper: (On hearing Shinji and Tenchi's screams and the tearing of fabric) "Uh, uh, I ain't goin in there! you be the hero!" :eek:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Temchi: "You know, I think I'll use my newly acquired wilderness skills and go make my own quarters, like an igloo...I've got anime chaarcter shields, it's not as if I'm actually going to freeze to death."
Shinji: "This is -Robotech-."
Tenchi: "..so?"
Shinji: "Fokker. Dixon. Gloval. Grant. Porter. Leeds..."
Tenchi: "...right."
Darklith: "QUIT LEANING ON TH FOURTH WALL!!!!"
"SORRY!""SORRY!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:51 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Shinji woke in a cold sweat, the igloo was pitch black, and yet he could swear he wasn't alone...

Yandere-chan: :love: :love: :love: "Hiiii Shinji!" :love: :love: :love:

Shinji: :eek: :? :eek: :?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:36 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
1st snowfall of the winter here.....keeping an eye out for norca wakes....all they need are a couple inches of fresh powder and we have about FIVE here...

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:32 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"I didn't think it could get cold enough to freeze a Norca solid."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
"I didn't think it could get cold enough to freeze a Norca solid."


"When else would the Ice Elementals come out?"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:48 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"Ah, Christmas. Krampus should be arriving with our yearly supply of coal..."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:56 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
"Ah, Christmas. Krampus should be arriving with our yearly supply of coal..."


"Even if we have to hut him down and beat it out of him."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:16 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Lot of high speed air activity tonight, Major Jones, sir, but it's staying clear of us."

"Good. Stand down SAM batteries, just in case...we don't want another 'incident' like last year."
"Sir? I recall we ate rather well. Venison was pretty good-"
"Stand them DOWN. That's an order."
"Yessir. at once, sir."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:30 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
"Lot of high speed air activity tonight, Major Jones, sir, but it's staying clear of us."

"Good. Stand down SAM batteries, just in case...we don't want another 'incident' like last year."
"Sir? I recall we ate rather well. Venison was pretty good-"
"Stand them DOWN. That's an order."
"Yessir. at once, sir."


Twitch: "Hey Guys! I'm ready with the Christmas Fireworks!" :D

(Dirty look from Jones...)

Besides, who'd want to explain to the children on THIS base why Santa didn't come?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:30 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[

Besides, who'd want to explain to the children on THIS base why Santa didn't come?


The adults might have to disarm the traps the KIDS set....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:59 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Celsia: "More importantly, what wine goes with a Jolly Old Elf and twelve Reindeer?" :-?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:31 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Celsia: "More importantly, what wine goes with a Jolly Old Elf and twelve Reindeer?" :-?


Use what is suggested for venison and pork(long pig). :twisted:

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"Up here we have to make the distinction between a 'bomb' cyclone where the air pressure drops abruptly and a 'bomb' cyclone which is what happens when Twitch Rockwell gets his hands on REF mecha....though in either case you're best off immediately finding shelter and hunkering down until the sky stops throwing $#!+ at you."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"So, you're certain?"
"One hundred percent certain."
"And there's nothing we can do?"
"Besides withdrawing from Antarctica and then nuking the whole ice cap from orbit? No. We'll still lose over fifty percent of our personnel in the evacuation. No, we're going to have to go with the other option."
"Very well. Prepare your people. I'll...make the arrangements."
"Good luck and hope to see you on the other side."
"God save us all."
*WWWhhhrrrrrrrrrrrbeepbeepbeep*
"Hello, Major Jones? This is General Desoorter, Southern Cross Antarctic Command. We...have a situation...what do you know about shoggoths?"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:04 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
"Those poor unfortunate bastards."

"I'm sure the IceGaurd can take care of themselves."

"No, I was referring to the Shoggoths..."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
"Those poor unfortunate bastards."

"I'm sure the IceGaurd can take care of themselves."

"No, I was referring to the Shoggoths..."


The horror is...Ice Guard didn't bat an eyelash at the request....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:35 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
"Those poor unfortunate bastards."

"I'm sure the IceGaurd can take care of themselves."

"No, I was referring to the Shoggoths..."


The horror is...Ice Guard didn't bat an eyelash at the request....


The problems start when they encounter all those environmentalists with the Save the Shoggoths placards...

Led by Annie.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[

The problems start when they encounter all those environmentalists with the Save the Shoggoths placards...

Led by Annie.



The last time Greennpeace showed up at Ice Guard to 'protect the mutant wildlife', the OG managed to get a nearly 30% turnover to 'Nuke the Whales!'. The other 70% wound up joining the local food chain...in the same role as arctic rodents....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
[

The problems start when they encounter all those environmentalists with the Save the Shoggoths placards...

Led by Annie.



The last time Greennpeace showed up at Ice Guard to 'protect the mutant wildlife', the OG managed to get a nearly 30% turnover to 'Nuke the Whales!'. The other 70% wound up joining the local food chain...in the same role as arctic rodents....


Nothing, of course, is a match for Annie.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[

Nothing, of course, is a match for Annie.



Major Jones hauls Corg out from under the bunks where the latter THINKS he was cleverly hiding, and sends him sliding out the door....

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
IceGuard Light Duty Snow Removal Equipment.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
IceGuard Light Duty Snow Removal Equipment.


Distillate of Alvarez's 'Mild and Boring All-Purpose Gravy'.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 am
  

Hero

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:16 pm
Posts: 938
Location: L.S.S
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.
Kano:I'm not worried about all this talk about the ice guard females.
Char:You should be.
Kano: Yeah, right like I'm so scared.

_________________
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
batlchip wrote:
Karno: "I'm not worried about all this talk about the ice guard females."

Char: "You should be."

Karno: "Yeah, right like I'm so scared."


Later...

IceGuard Female: (Checking the contents of her trap) "Yeah, this one's a runt... Best toss him to the Norcas."

Karno: :eek: :? :eek:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Damn....can yiou imagine the sort of force and brutality necessary in an Ice Guard trap?

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
Damn....can yiou imagine the sort of force and brutality necessary in an Ice Guard trap?


It been a lot easier since one of the girls figured out the formula for a coffee scent in aerosol form.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:31 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Damn....can yiou imagine the sort of force and brutality necessary in an Ice Guard trap?


It been a lot easier since one of the girls figured out the formula for a coffee scent in aerosol form.



Not sure if this is in reference to a husband trap or a trap set for critters that associate the smell of coffee with human prey.
So I'll err on the side of BOTH.
Of course, you don't want to Sadie Hawkins a potential mate, only to leave him unable to move and helpless to a creature attack before you can claim him and haul him to the base padre or personnel office to file a marriage license. Then again, being able to escape a trap arguably indicates good genes...but it also sort of defeats the point of the trap.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Damn....can yiou imagine the sort of force and brutality necessary in an Ice Guard trap?


It been a lot easier since one of the girls figured out the formula for a coffee scent in aerosol form.



Not sure if this is in reference to a husband trap or a trap set for critters that associate the smell of coffee with human prey.
So I'll err on the side of BOTH.
Of course, you don't want to Sadie Hawkins a potential mate, only to leave him unable to move and helpless to a creature attack before you can claim him and haul him to the base padre or personnel office to file a marriage license. Then again, being able to escape a trap arguably indicates good genes...but it also sort of defeats the point of the trap.


On the other hand, Norca skin wedding gowns might be a thing...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:

On the other hand, Norca skin wedding gowns might be a thing...



A REQUIREMENT for a proper courtship, like a dowry?
"It's simple...you can slay the norca and have a skin to present to your betrothed....or you can take your chances and try chewing your own limb off."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:36 am
  

Hero

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:16 pm
Posts: 938
Location: L.S.S
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.
Ice trooper:"Honey? Where is My Norca Suit?
Ice trooper wife:"What?!
Ice trooper:"Where Is My Norca Suit?"
Ice Trooper Wife:""Why?"
Ice Trooper :"Because I Need It!"
Ice Trooper Wife:"Why Do You Need It!?"

_________________
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
batlchip wrote:
Ice trooper:"Honey? Where is My Norca Suit?
Ice trooper wife:"What?!
Ice trooper:"Where Is My Norca Suit?"
Ice Trooper Wife:""Why?"
Ice Trooper :"Because I Need It!"
Ice Trooper Wife:"Why Do You Need It!?"


At IceGuard being able to manipulate ice and snow does NOT count as a superpower. Being able to generate and maintain boiling temperature heat IS.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:32 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Jones: "Hello, Medical... We need the thermal pads... Yeah, someone tricked Secundo into thinking we were doing a fanservice episode... Again."

Cut to a bikini clad Secundo, frozen in a block of ice in the courtyard...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:07 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Jones: "Hello, Medical... We need the thermal pads... Yeah, someone tricked Secundo into thinking we were doing a fanservice episode... Again."

Cut to a bikini clad Secundo, frozen in a block of ice in the courtyard...


"Can't we just keep her on ice until the spring thaw?"
"..She's a universal blood donor. Medical won't stand for her being out of commission."
"Can't we just...tap her?"
"She's a human being, not a sugar maple!"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 am
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
Jones: "Hello, Medical... We need the thermal pads... Yeah, someone tricked Secundo into thinking we were doing a fanservice episode... Again."

Cut to a bikini clad Secundo, frozen in a block of ice in the courtyard...


"Can't we just keep her on ice until the spring thaw?"
"..She's a universal blood donor. Medical won't stand for her being out of commission."
"Can't we just...tap her?"
"She's a human being, not a sugar maple!"


"What's Spring?"

"Damn, how long HAVE you been assigned here!?!"

"I don't remember... Have we beaten the Gauls yet?"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:06 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
[

"What's Spring?"

"Damn, how long HAVE you been assigned here!?!"

"I don't remember... Have we beaten the Long Tusk Tribe yet?"


"....anybody else want to ask Thog a stupid question?"

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:32 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
[

"What's Spring?"

"Damn, how long HAVE you been assigned here!?!"

"I don't remember... Have we beaten the Long Tusk Tribe yet?"


"....anybody else want to ask Thog a stupid question?"


"Yes, Thog, what is the flight speed of an unladen swallow?"


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:54 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
"What I look forward to is a nice stretch of sack time, nestled between the sheets."
"You do know those are ICE sheets, don't you?"
"Around here, that goes without saying."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:18 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Secundo: "I just thought his quarter's seemed a little chilly!"

Vanitch: "Of course they're chilly, they're carved out of ice. How are we ever going to dry off the Commander and his stuff." :badbad:


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Secundo: "I just thought his quarter's seemed a little chilly!"

Vanitch: "Of course they're chilly, they're carved out of ice. How are we ever going to dry off the Commander and his stuff." :badbad:

"Puuuttttt the falmethrower away...given what the Commander drinks every day, no point in tempting an explosion."

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 pm
  

Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Vernon, ON. Canada
Random IceGuard Technician: (Flicking switch) "What could happen?"

The IceGuard base DeFolds on the the Breen homeworld.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:40 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43059
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
SRoss wrote:
Random IceGuard Technician: (Flicking switch) "What could happen?"

The IceGuard base DeFolds on the the Breen homeworld.


Breen: (("We may have eat crow and ask the Federation for help with this..."))

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group