Paladin Steel Storefront

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Paladin Steel Storefront

Unread post by taalismn »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Aw hell, I figure I'll do it right now, I don't wanna be that lazy...

EDIT

Turns out, I cant send it. whoops.

So'right...you're having MY difficulties with technology :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

It absolutely will not allow me to share it. I'd have to send you a couple dozen files individually, with like a 50% chance of success each. This is what scientists are calling "pretty gay". Have fun searching through 29 pages of glory like I did, back when there were only 20. I went thru 9 twice just for the LULZ.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Cool stuff, taalismn! Any chance of doing an M-24 Chaffee? :D
They can't see me...Right!?
chosenrifter
Wanderer

Unread post by chosenrifter »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:It absolutely will not allow me to share it. I'd have to send you a couple dozen files individually, with like a 50% chance of success each. This is what scientists are calling "pretty gay". Have fun searching through 29 pages of glory like I did, back when there were only 20. I went thru 9 twice just for the LULZ.

Lol Np Zigg Thanks for trying. I started Copy and pasteing the other day lol only on page 13 now lol. But makes some cool reading so its not to bad.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

chosenrifter wrote:Lol Np Zigg Thanks for trying. I started Copy and pasteing the other day lol only on page 13 now lol. But makes some cool reading so its not to bad.

Use the "print page" option at the top of each page. Copy, paste to write processor, trim junk postings or find good "PS Storefront" stuff....copy, paste, into new document, edit as needed and save...repeat. It's quicker that doing it. Maybe, depends on the amount of good stuff on page.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about a instant tornado/huricane?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:How about a instant tornado/huricane?

Had a 'Can of Elemental Whupass' but it wasn't too well received by some of our regular accounts....

Here's some equipment for your next trip to the beach....

Paladin Steel APR2 (Aquatic Projectile Rifle)
(aka ‘Stormakov’, ‘Needle Rifle’)

“Blue-green laser ain’t going to do us much good scaring up a meal; hot fish soup ain’t much good to us if it’s still in open water, instead of in a nice pot where we can get at it!”

Even though PS-made supercavitating munitions, and water-seal conversion kits have allowed just about any regular firearm to be effectively converted into an underwater-capable weapon, there’s still considerable interest in specialized underwater ranged weaponry.
The APR2 is one of Paladin Steel’s latest offerings. It bears a strong resemblance to the obscure pre-Rifts Soviet APS and ASM-DT 5.56 mm ‘spear’ rifles, examples of which supposedly fell into PS hands shortly after the ZOT Hammering of Atlantis and the subsequent Great Escape of slaves(supposedly, the weapons were bought from Old West’s Antique Weapons Store, while another rumor holds that the weapons were STOLEN by escaping slaves from Old West’s Antique Weapons Store).
It’s a sign of the advances in recovered Golden Age technology and post-Rifts Paladin Steel engineering that what was once a highly specialized and expensive special operations weapon has been reformatted as an inexpensive low-end sporting and survival weapon. PS has modified and engineered many of the original weaknesses out of the weapon, such as the horrendous barrel fatigue that plagued the original smoothbore weapon(the original weapon had a barrel lifespan of between 100-150 shots; a negadamage alloy barrel gives an estimated lifespan of 1,000 shots). The original propellants have been replaced with more modern and powerful cased propellants, allowing for significant increases in range and kinetic stopping power. The 120 mm-long steel needle bullets have been replaced with megadamage alloy fletchettes, and the body of the weapon is now made of corrosion-proof light MDC alloys and plastics. The APR2 still shares the distinctive ‘double row’ clip with its smaller front part, and double-barrel Kalashnikov-style body, but is otherwise a thoroughly modern weapon. Despite the improvements in performance, however, the APR2 still suffers from poor range, compared to more mdoern energy weapons, with a marked decline in range and accuracy the deeper one goes underwater, due to the increasing pressure and density of the water.
The APR2 is a SDC ‘conventional’ weapon marketed primarily to fishermen and survivalists, but recently PS has also marketed several new munitions, including MD-capable penetrator rounds(with a more powerful propellant load) and special hollowed rounds with a chemical (poison or drug) load behind the needle penetrator.
Weight: 5.2 lbs empty, 7.5 lbs fully loaded
Range:(5.56mm, 120mm-long darts) 360 ft in air.
180 ft at depths of about 16 ft
120 ft at depths of about 66 ft
72 ft at depths of about 130 ft
Damage: 3d6 SDC single round, 6d6 SDC per three round burst.
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 26 rounds
Special Features:
*Neutral Bouyancy
*Folding Wire Stock
*Options of clear or opaque polymer magazines
*Bayonet Lug/Socket on Barrel
*Underbarrel Rail---Can be fitted with a grenade launcher, tazer, flashlight, or laser sight.
Cost: 1,400 Credits. Ammunition costs 70 credits per 100 rounds
Options:
*Bubble Trap Muzzle Silencer Attachment--This traps any undissolved propellant gases and muffles any sound from firing projectiles, but reduces range by 20%. Cost: 500 credits
*Poison Darts---These have a small internal reservoir for holding drugs or toxins, to be dispersed inside a living target. PS itself doesn’t sell any poisons, but a variety are available on the open market(and it’s said the Cambridge Jungle tribes have a number of nifty drugs and poisons available). Cost: 75 credits per 100 basic, unfilled, venom rounds.
*MDC Penetrators---These use a more powerful propellant to fire the projectile that much harder, to the point that they each do 1 MD(range is unchanged). Cost: 500 credits per 100 rds

Paladin Steel APP1(Aquatic Projectile Pistol)
(aka ‘Sptrizki’, ‘Spurp-Gun, ‘Spitsting’)

“I can’t believe you took down that Conservator with just that little dart gun, Tamari-Sanya! What the hell did you have in those things?! Must be pretty nasty, the way that monster curled up around itself screaming and tearing at itself like that!”
“Oh, a little concoction called ‘bloodbane’ I got from a little shop in Saltmarsh...”

The APP1 is a smaller caliber hand weapon similar to the APR-2, but using a pistol format and smaller ammunition. The APP1 is based roughly on the pre-Rifts Soviet SPP-1 Underwater Pistol, but again, Paladin Steel has modified a once highly specialized weapon into a low-cost product for civilian fishermen, sailors, and adventurers.
The APP1 is a a four-barreled, four-shot pistol designed to fire 40mm-long sharp metal darts underwater. The weapon sports a large triggerguard to allow gloved/wetsuited hands to use it more easily. The weapon has a construction of light corrosion-proofed megadamage alloys for prolonged use underwater. The weapon reloads using a shotgun-style break-open design, and fresh rounds hand-inserted into the barrels, or a preloaded speedlaoder clip used instead. The action of the weapon is mechanical, a striker mounted on a rotating base bringing it in line with each barrel to be fired, or, with a flick of a mechanical selector switch, a special striker mode can be engaged, allowing for two, or all four shots at once..
As with the APR2, improvements in propellants have given the APP1’s metal darts better range in air and water, but the weapon still suffers from decreased range and accuracy. Unlike the original SPP-1, the APP1 uses a heavier 9 mm firing cartridge for better damage and range. The weapon is also compatible with special envenomed and megadamage penetrator munitions.
Since its introduction, the APP1 has become a popular low-end weapon with fishermen, sportsmen, divers, sailors, and adventurers.
Weight: 960 grams unloaded
Range: 240 ft in air.
120 ft at depths of about 16 ft
70 ft at depths of about 66 ft
30 ft at depths of about 130 ft
Damage: 3d6 SDC single round
Rate of Fire: Single shot, two-shot simultaneous ‘burst’, or all four rounds at once
Payload: 4 shots; can be reloaded with a speedloader.
Special Features:
*Neutral Bouyancy
*Top Rail for optional fittimg of a laser sight or barrel flashlight
Cost: 400 Credits. Ammunition costs 36 credits per 100 rounds
Options:
*Bubble Trap Muzzle Silencer Attachment--This traps any undissolved propellant gases and muffles any sound from firing projectiles, but reduces range by 20%. Cost: 500 credits
*Poison Darts---These have a small internal reservoir for holding drugs or toxins, to be dispersed inside a living target. PS itself doesn’t sell any poisons, but a variety are available on the open market(and it’s said the Cambridge Jungle tribes have a number of nifty drugs and poisons available). Cost: 40 credits per 100 basic, unfilled, venom rounds.
*MDC Penetrators---These use a more powerful propellant to fire the projectile that much harder, to the point that they each do 1 MD(range is unchanged). Cost: 300 credits per 100 rds

Paladin Steel APP2 Underwater Pistol
(aka ‘Spatzer’)

“Dang! That **#@ little water-gnome’s after our traps again! Time (KERCHANG!) to teach that thieven’ varmint a lesson!”

This is yet another underwater projectile weapon, but unlike the previous APR2 and APP1,which fire metal darts, the APP2 fires conventional supercavitating rounds of 7.62 caliber. The weapon is based loosely on the pre-Rifts Heckler & Koch P11, and uses a similar five-barrel ‘pepperbox’ configuration. The body construction is made of light MDC alloys and corrosion-proof plastics. Unlike the H&K weapon, the PS APP2 can be field-reloaded, with a break-open-action frame(like many shotguns), and fresh roads individually handloaded or a pre-packed speedloader used. Unlike the APP1, the APP2 is electrically fired, reducing the chance of jamming and extraneous noise from the weapon being cocked prior to firing.
The weapon is priced at the same cost as the APP2, because its larger magazine capacity is balanced by its decreased range(which in turn is balanced by the better performance of the supercavitating ammunition underwater, over the specialized darts used by both the APR2 and APP1). The weapon is fully compatible with a range of specialized ammunition types, so the APP2 has become rather more popular with professional military and mercenary concerns than the previous aquatic projectile weapons.
Weight: 2 lbs unloaded
Range: 100 ft in air.
-Range begins to suffer with the greater resistance offered by the water; at depths of 5,000 ft, range is reduced by 1/4....at 2 miles by HALF....This makes normal projectile weapons less cost effective to modify for deep sea operations, and rail guns the weapons of choice if lasers, ion weapons, or sonics are unavailable.
Damage: 3d6 SDC single round(regular rounds; is fully compatible with 7.62 MD ramjet and exploder rounds, as well as Nemoshocks and other specialized ammunition types)
Rate of Fire: Single shot, or all five rounds at once
Payload: 5 shots; can be reloaded with a speedloader.
Special Features:
*Neutral Bouyancy
*Top Rail for optional fittimg of a laser sight or barrel flashlight
Cost: 400 Credits. Standard ammunition costs 37 credits per 100 rounds. Other munition types can be used as well. Supercavitation adds 15% to cost of the shell/projectile
Options:
*Bubble Trap Muzzle Silencer Attachment--This traps any undissolved propellant gases and muffles any sound from firing projectiles, but reduces range by 20%. Cost: 600 credits
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:Cool stuff, taalismn! Any chance of doing an M-24 Chaffee? :D

Got enough light tanks in the regular inventory, but we have a few some divisions that turn out small batches of custom vehicles or 'retrotech' conversions, especially with TW add-ons...so an upgraded M-24 could be in the works...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
chosenrifter wrote:Lol Np Zigg Thanks for trying. I started Copy and pasteing the other day lol only on page 13 now lol. But makes some cool reading so its not to bad.

Use the "print page" option at the top of each page. Copy, paste to write processor, trim junk postings or find good "PS Storefront" stuff....copy, paste, into new document, edit as needed and save...repeat. It's quicker that doing it. Maybe, depends on the amount of good stuff on page.

Well...I've tried to average at last one big posting a page, or lots of lighter posts... :D
As it is, I've had to break up my old working file on 'Small Arms' into smaller type-specific (ion, plasma, particle beam, laser, projectile) files to make it easier to work and backcheck myself to be certain I didn't re-invent the scatter-beam pulse laser three-four times....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
chosenrifter
Wanderer

YES finally done with the copy - paste.
Last edited by chosenrifter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Wow...I post a set of weapons and somebody immediately posts a target customers can try them out on!
Thanks, guy! :D

This is somewhat akin to holding up a gunshop with a crowd of offduty policemen and hunters lounging about inside...or mugging a hotel guest in the bathroom during a police convention...

"Hi, there, we're Prosek's new Death Knight Corps, here to take heads and kick arse! Nonhuman scum and barbarian heretics, prepare to meet your m--(sound of automatic weapons fire)*YOWGH!*GAH!!!YAUGH!!!Hey! STOP THAT!!! DIDn'T YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID???!!*AAAAHHH!!STOP -SHOOTING_ AT US!!!*ACK!!*GAHalaglarggarfff...*"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
chosenrifter
Wanderer

taalismn wrote:Wow...I post a set of weapons and somebody immediately posts a target customers can try them out on!
Thanks, guy! :D

This is somewhat akin to holding up a gunshop with a crowd of offduty policemen and hunters lounging about inside...or mugging a hotel guest in the bathroom during a police convention...

"Hi, there, we're Prosek's new Death Knight Corps, here to take heads and kick arse! Nonhuman scum and barbarian heretics, prepare to meet your m--(sound of automatic weapons fire)*YOWGH!*GAH!!!YAUGH!!!Hey! STOP THAT!!! DIDn'T YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID???!!*AAAAHHH!!STOP -SHOOTING_ AT US!!!*ACK!!*GAHalaglarggarfff...*"

:lol: I love it :lol:
Any thought on the Death Knight's Taalismn?
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

We'd like to try out those weapons too. And I think the Federated States would love to try them out on the OCC that appeared right after the new weapons. Can we join you in a turkey hunt?

Actually your OCC looks interesting. Personally I don't support the CS or any other racist!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Paladin Steel APR2 (Aquatic Projectile Rifle) (aka ‘Stormakov’, ‘Needle Rifle’)

Paladin Steel APP1 (Aquatic Projectile Pistol) (aka ‘Sptrizki’, ‘Spurp-Gun, ‘Spitsting’)

Paladin Steel APP2 Underwater Pistol (aka ‘Spatzer’)

...examples of which supposedly fell into PS hands shortly after the ZOT Hammering of Atlantis and the subsequent Great Escape of slaves (supposedly, the weapons were bought from Old West’s Antique Weapons Store, while another rumor holds that the weapons were STOLEN by escaping slaves from Old West’s Antique Weapons Store).
It’s a sign of the advances in recovered Golden Age technology and post-Rifts Paladin Steel engineering...

So they did not come from the son/grandson/cloned self-child of a weapon collector/researcher who once lived at someplace called 'Martha's Vineyard'. Where the said father and other retired MEMA build them and other weapons based on his book data base, to protect and arm the locals and fishermen, after the Coming of the RIFTS. But that does not make the reports on other first hand tech and knowledge of the Golden Age false does it.

Nice history come to life again weapons.
Last edited by abtex on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Oh look, another OCC from the Great Net OCC/RCC book. yay! Always liked the Janissaries better.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Aramanthus
Monk

They make great targets for PS weapons. Why not join us and send them back to the insideous depths they came from. :wink:
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Oh look, another OCC from the Great Net OCC/RCC book. yay!

I was about to say the same thing...
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
The Raven
Explorer

chosenrifter wrote: :lol: I love it :lol:

Are you trying to claim those as your own? Since those have been on the web since the 90s.... Ah the good old days of the PML, where I met the evil that is Talis...
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."

chosenrifter
Wanderer

The Raven wrote:

Are you trying to claim those as your own? Since those have been on the web since the 90s.... Ah the good old days of the PML, where I met the evil that is Talis...

nope i just made them better :-) And i have been playing sense the 90s :-)
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:Paladin Steel APR2 (Aquatic Projectile Rifle) (aka ‘Stormakov’, ‘Needle Rifle’)

Paladin Steel APP1 (Aquatic Projectile Pistol) (aka ‘Sptrizki’, ‘Spurp-Gun, ‘Spitsting’)

Paladin Steel APP2 Underwater Pistol (aka ‘Spatzer’)

...examples of which supposedly fell into PS hands shortly after the ZOT Hammering of Atlantis and the subsequent Great Escape of slaves (supposedly, the weapons were bought from Old West’s Antique Weapons Store, while another rumor holds that the weapons were STOLEN by escaping slaves from Old West’s Antique Weapons Store).
It’s a sign of the advances in recovered Golden Age technology and post-Rifts Paladin Steel engineering...

So they did not come from the son/grandson/cloned self-child of a weapon collector/researcher who once lived at someplace called 'Martha's Vineyard'. Where the said father and other retired MEMA build them and other weapons based on his book data base, to protect and arm the locals and fishermen, after the Coming of the RIFTS. But that does not make the reports on other first hand tech and knowledge of the Golden Age false does it.

Nice history come to life again weapons.

Well...er, no...But I figured it would be fun to have a cameo by a canon NPC, especially since Old West has also shown up in the most recent Rifter, buying magic Brown Bess rifles on Wormwood...and I figured, that if anybody had an obscure (conventional) weapon, why not a dimension-hopping demon who likes to collect guns? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The Raven wrote:

(blush)...ah yes, back when I was wholly corrupted during those halycon days of riding with the PML crowd over the Mongolian steppes, burning villages, running down women and children, machine-gunning domestic animals, and stuffing ballot boxes....Or was that Vegas?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

So I’ve changed the name of the superpowered products subcontractor. We are now Paragon Progress, bringing all you good boys and girls our line of S.A.M.s.
But what are S.A.M.s? This acronym stands for…
Super
Ability
Modification
In short, it’s a theoretical spinoff of techno-wizardry, giving super abilities to stuff.
Imagine, guns that are able to shoot all sorts of things besides bullets, borgs that can become sand, fire, even the blackness of space, simple and short surgeries that make the patient unharmed by a certain force, and hundreds of other uses, from vehicles to everyday items.

Some of the major-level projects I am working on:
Alter Physical Structure-Full Conversion Borgs
Achilles Surgery-Impervious to whatever your taste
Allsight Glasses, Goggles and anything sight related
And many other fine products…
But if you have any ideas, feel free to share a product idea.
The Raven
Explorer

taalismn wrote:(blush)...ah yes, back when I was wholly corrupted during those halycon days of riding with the PML crowd over the Mongolian steppes, burning villages, running down women and children, machine-gunning domestic animals, and stuffing ballot boxes....Or was that Vegas?

That would be the Mega-Swish Summer Retreat back in 98-99... I reserve the right to release the pictures of you, Ruiner, the hamsters, and the Jello Ocean at any time of my choosing...

taalismn
Priest

The Raven wrote:
taalismn wrote:(blush)...ah yes, back when I was wholly corrupted during those halycon days of riding with the PML crowd over the Mongolian steppes, burning villages, running down women and children, machine-gunning domestic animals, and stuffing ballot boxes....Or was that Vegas?

That would be the Mega-Swish Summer Retreat back in 98-99... I reserve the right to release the pictures of you, Ruiner, the hamsters, and the Jello Ocean at any time of my choosing...

I was framed, dammit!

Besides, you remember your rendition of "Hamlet" with chainsaws in the hotel lobby? You might not...but boy do I ever...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:So I’ve changed the name of the superpowered products subcontractor. We are now Paragon Progress, bringing all you good boys and girls our line of S.A.M.s.
Super
Ability
Modification
In short, it’s a theoretical spinoff of techno-wizardry, giving super abilities to stuff.
Imagine, guns that are able to shoot all sorts of things besides bullets, borgs that can become sand, fire, even the blackness of space, simple and short surgeries that make the patient unharmed by a certain force, and hundreds of other uses, from vehicles to everyday items.

I'm trying to remember if there was a Minor Superpower, Find Weakness or Find Vulnerability?

If so, the GST system for micro-missiles and mini-missiles might be worth looking into..GST---Groin Shot Targeting....Hits you where it will hirt yah the MOST!!!!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:So I’ve changed the name of the superpowered products subcontractor. We are now Paragon Progress, bringing all you good boys and girls our line of S.A.M.s.
Super
Ability
Modification

I'm trying to remember if there was a Minor Superpower, Find Weakness or Find Vulnerability?

If so, the GST system for micro-missiles and mini-missiles might be worth looking into..GST---Groin Shot Targeting....Hits you where it will hirt yah the MOST!!!!

So is that an approval? :-?

If so, what are some tips you could give me on creating such wonders?
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

i am in your shadow taalismn ,wow don't stop you THE MAN

from ZINO
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Super
Ability
Modification

You are using online resources for you works, like
The Black Vault Wiki
Heroes Unlimited Creations By The Fans!!! - Redux

One of my favorites is Omni Energy Expulsion something for designing weapons.

Aramanthus
Monk

Cool links! I wish I had joined the PML earlier than I did. Of course I'm part os an active spin off of the PML.

HH....FIE
chosenrifter
Wanderer

Aramanthus wrote:Cool links! I wish I had joined the PML earlier than I did. Of course I'm part os an active spin off of the PML.

One question this is most likely a stupid one but what is PML?
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

chosenrifter wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Cool links! I wish I had joined the PML earlier than I did. Of course I'm part os an active spin off of the PML.

One question this is most likely a stupid one but what is PML?

No the only stupid questions are the ones you did ask and wanted to know about.

Palladium Mail List it's yahoo site is -
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/PalladiumMailList/

you can join it and search some 17,000+ messages for posting before the forum came into being.
Lots and lots of stuff.

taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:[

So is that an approval? :-?

If so, what are some tips you could give me on creating such wonders?

"It's a go for TLI."

Sure...A lot of folks have done technological creations, and magic/techno-wizardry creations, but there aren't a lot of blatant Superpower creations....technology that can only be considered to fall unrepentently into the 'Mad Science' category(since megadamage weapons, breadbox-sized fusion powerplants, and nanofacs are already 'Mad Science', way out there), so go for it!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

For you...

Paladin Steel/Twardy Vintage Vehicles M24 Chaffee Light Tank

Captain Premer of the Eiderdale Militia knew this was bad...so he’d come dressed for trouble. When three of the farms on the outskirts of town had sounded the alarm an hour ago, then gone silent, he knew there was going to be a fight; border farmers tended to be tough fighters, considering any roving bandits and monsters in the wilderness found them first...so this was obviously a case of something more than than stray thunderbeetle or vagabond rievers. So he’d sent out his scouts, kept a reserve of the town militia back at the fort as a ready reserve, and had gone out himself in one of the two spanking new Chaffee light tanks the town had bought in exchange for a goodly portion of last season’s tar-apple crop.
Sure enough, as they’d neared the banks of Murchison’s Creek, approaching the Hanlon farm, they’d come under fire from the other side.
The Chaffee charged parallel to a line of landscaped trees, the Captain trying to catch sight of the enemy through the foliage, while at the same time the enemy probed for a solid shot at the tank; Premer could see branches fly off the trees as the enemy fire chewed through the tree line, just behind the speeding tank. Then something big exploded an entire tree, showering the tank with splinters, and sending Premer diving under the rim of his hatch, grateful for his body armor. He caught a glimpse of large humanoid shapes scurrying forward. He could make out spines on their bare backs, as they openned fire on him.
“Brawlers! We got Brawlers out there!” Premer shouted to his crew as he buttoned down the hatch, and pulled down the eyepieces for the turret periscopes. “Several dozen of them....looks like they got heavy weapons too” as if in punctuation to that statement the turret rang with the impact of something fast and hard-hitting, probably a rail gun round “Load accordingly.” The Squilb gunner nodded; Vanguard Brawlers had bodies as tough as modern body armor; they took some killing to put down properly. Servos whined and the turret spun, tracking towards where the fire was coming from.
The eighty millimeter massdriver thundered in return, snapping off two shots before the tank gained temporary cover behind a drumlin. Premer managed to see one of the shots land, the fragmentation round chewing up a good chunk of landscape and sending several bodies flying. As the tank rounded the earth mound, Premer could hear his crew loading the feed cassette, readying the next burst. As soon as the creek bank came into view again, the co-axial machine gun started rattling away, spraying the advancing Brawlers with explosive and armor-piercing rounds, even as the Brawlers’ own fire met the returning tank. Hyperaccelerated fletchettes and lasers bit into the Chaffee’s forward faces, threatening to chew apart the light tank. The tank’s smoke mortars erupted, throwing out obscuring smoke...with any luck, none of the ground fighters on the opposition had sensory gear that could see through the artificial smog and track the tank as it braked, turned, and serpentined across the lane. To the turret crew, however, the advancing troops could be seen clearly in their HUDs. Premer could make out a few of the scale-armored humanoids in enough detail to see them stagger back or to cover, clutching limbs maimed by previous fire. But it was the rest of them, shooting wildly into the smoke cloud, trying to hit his tank, that concerned him most....Those numbers just had to be whittled down...
“Fire at will!” Premer yelled, as he triggered the big missile rifle mounted atop the turret. The race was on to pump out more firepower than the other guy before one of them went down or had to retreat from the field....

The M24 Chaffee LBT was designed during WW2 to replace the earlier M3 ‘Stuart’, when it became apparent that the M3 lacked both the armor and the armament(a 37mm gun) to stand up to heavier German armor. A heavier vehicle, sporting a 75mm cannon, was developed, but was too late to see WW2 service. However, the M24 Chaffee would see sterling service in Korea, and would go on to form the basis of a family of vehicles. Examples of the M24 would continue to see service in far flung corners of the world up through 2000 AD, in the employ of various smaller nations. Rumors of dramatically refitted examples of the M24 Chaffe still fighting in South America and other backwaters perhaps served to inspire an interest in an updated version of the tank. Twardy Vintage Vehicles decided to produce their own version of the tank, to meet the requests of several customer groups.
Outwardly, the PS/TVV M24 resembles its ancestor and inspiration, but internally it is pure modern post-Rifts fighting vehicle. Megadamage materials replace the earlier steel armor, a variety of powerplants from flexfuel internal combustion to a mini-nuclear fusion powerpack can be fitted, and the turret can accommodate several different options of main gun.
Though slow and high-profiled, compared to more modern recon and light combat vehicles, the remodelled M24 Chaffee nevertheless can put up a fight, and it’s relatively inexpensive too. Only a few dozen examples have been produced so far(as TVV’s production facilities are rather limited), but promising early on the vehicles is expected to draw additional orders.

Note: Users of the original M-24 included Austria, France, Norway, Italy, Spain, Greece, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Chile, Ethiopia, Thailand, and Uruguay.
Type: PS/TVV-M24-LBT Chaffee
Class: Light Tank
Crew: 5
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 320
Reinforced Crew Compartment 100
Treads(2) 100 each
Main Turret 200
Reinforced Turret Compartment 90
Smoke/Gas Dispensers(2) 15 each
Height: 8 ft 1.5 in.
Width: 9 ft 8 in.
Length: 18 ft
Weight: 40,400 lbs
Cargo: Small space in hull and turret for survival packs, side arms, and a few small personal possessions.
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel(120 mile range), Electric(150 mile range), or Fusion-Nuclear(w/ 10 year energy life)
Speed: 35 MPH, fording depth 3 ft 4 in., 3 ft vertical obstacle clearance/climb, 8 ft trench crossing.
Market Cost: 1.2 million credits for Liquid Fuel, 1.7 million credits for Electric, and 17 million credits for nuclear
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems
Weapons Systems:
1)Turret-Mount Main Gun(1)--ONE of the following can be mounted in the main turret;
a)75mm Gun
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage:(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 18 ft blast radius
(High Explosive-Armor-Piercing)2d4x10 MD to 7 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: 3 times per melee
Payload: 50 rds
Cost: 70,000 credits

b) 80mm Massdriver Cannon---80mm MB Gauss Cannon(PS-MDJ80M)
Range: (Direct Fire)25,000 ft (5 miles)
(Indirect Fire) 62,500 ft (12.5 miles)
Damage: High Explosive(HE)----1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)---- 3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
Plasma----- 1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 3d6x10 MD out to 6,600 ft, 2d4x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: 5 shots per melee
Payload: 45 rds
Cost: 400,000 credits

c) Heavy Ion Cannon
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+7 MD per energy burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: 200 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant
Cost: 60,000 credits

d) Heavy Plasma Cannon
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: 180 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant
Cost: 280,000 credits

e)Laser Cannon---A heavier single-barrel laser cannon, based on a weapon acquired from South America(the ATL-7 Anti-Tank Laser)
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 3d6x10+10 MD per single shot
Payload: 100 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant
Cost: 180,000 credits

2)Co-Axial Light Gun---Mounted alongside the main gun is a smaller rapid-fire machine gun, rail gun, or energy weapon.
a)(Original) 7.62mm Machine Gun.
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 6d6 SDC per single shot, 4d6x10 SDC(1d4 MD) per 10 rd burst
Payload: 2,300 rds per gun
Cost: 2,500 credits

b) TW TK Machinegun---Standard light TK weapon.
Range: 2,000 ft(double on ley lines)
Damage: 2d4 MD single shot, 4d4 MD short burst(3 shots), 4d6 MD long burst, and 2d4x10 MD per full melee burst of 30 shots
Payload: 30 shot PPE ‘clip’. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models. Can be recharged at 1 PPE/ 2 ISP per shot.
Cost: 80,000 credits

c) Light Rail Gun
Range:4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD single rd. 6d6 MD per 30 rd burst
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 600 rd magazine
Cost: 60,000 credits

d) Pulse Laser
Range:4,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot. 1d4x10+6 MD per triple-shot burst
Payload: 300 shot battery per gun for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant
Cost: 30,000 credits

3) Hull-mount Light Gun---Identical to the co-axial weapon, but mounted in the forward glacis plate, and controlled by the driver.

4) Pintle-Mount Light Gun(1)---A pintle-mounted light weapon is situated above the commander’s hatch atop the turret. This mount can be manually fired or remotely operated from inside the tank. Originally the weapon carried was a 12.7mm(.50 calibre) machine gun, but light rail guns, energy rifles, and mini-missile launchers(PS’s Mini-Missile Rifle is a popular choice) can be substituted.

5)Smoke/Chaff Projectors(2)---Mounted on the turret are two four-tube launchers that can be fitted with smoke or chemical cartridges.
Range: 500 ft
Damage: Smoke or chemical to 15 ft radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1, 2, 3, or 4
Payload: 4 shells per launcher

Options:
*Deep Water Fording Kit---This kit adds watersealing to parts of the hull, and an extendable escape tower (10 ft tall) and snorkel to the main turret hatch, allowing the tank to cross bodies of water up to 18 ft deep(reduce speed to 4 MH driving on the river bottom). The kit takes a competent mechanic or tank crew about 20 minutes to fit. Cost: 50,000 credits.

*Grousers---Grousers are simply track extensions that widen the treads(by 2-3x) and allow the treadlayer to reduce its ground pressure and better traverse soft surfaces such as mud and snow, and reduce penalties for travelling over such surfaces by HALF. Cost: 8,000 credits per set of treads.

Variants:
While all TVV M-24s thus far produced have been the standard combat model, Twardy, true to its Paladin Steel roots, anticipates requests for variants. A number of static test rigs led to a number of conversion kits, and templates for the equipment needed to fit the basic M-24 for any of the following (historically-inspired) variants:

*M4/T9/T22/T13---This is basically the turret-less chassis of the M-24, fitted as a cargo carrier, engineering vehicle(with a-frame crane and winch, bulldozer blade), or similar non-combat equipment. Cost: 800,000 credits for Liquid Fuel, 950,000 credits for Electric, and 14 million credits for nuclear

*M37/M41 SPG---This is the turret-less, open-deck M-24 chassis modified to carry a 105mm or 155mm howitzer, respectively.
Cost: Varies by available artillery systems; GAW(from Rifts Merc Ops) charges 150,000 credits and 350,000 credits respectively for reconditioned guns (1 million for massdriver 155s), while PS tube artillery generally costs 10-20% less.

*M19 AATank---A precursor to the M42 ‘Duster’, this variant sports a similar open turret, with gun shield, and twin 40mm automatic cannons. While effective in anti-air work and surface target engagement, the open turret affords the gun crew scant protection. In addition, the guns have only a basic fire control sensor system(based on reverse-engineered Triax systems).
Range: 2.6 miles
Damage:(Proximity Fuzed Fragmentation) 3d6 MD to 15 ft blast radius
(Armor Piercing Tracer) 5d6 MD single shot
(High Explosive Tracer) 4d6 MD to 10 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: 120 rounds per gun
Bonuses: (w/ sensor system engaged) +2 to strike
Cost: 650,000 credits(ammunition costs extra) for conversion kit

*T77(aka ‘Bristle Brush’)---Perhaps the strangest variant is the T77, mounting, in place of a heavy gun, six .50 calibre machine guns in the front of the turret. Called a ‘budget Gun-Rippa’, in reference to Paladin Steel’s variant of its Black Bear MBT, mounting eight rail guns, the T77 presents an alternative to larger gatling guns in the quest to lay down maximum firepower at a high rate, in a small area.
Range: 9,900 ft
Damage: (Standard Ammunition)1d6x10 SDC per single shot, 1d6x100(1d6 MD) per 10 round burst; 6d6 MD for all six MGs going simultaneously.
Payload: 600 rounds per machine gun
Cost: 350,000 credits for conversion kit

*TW77---Inspired by the T77, this is a technowizardry spin on the same, replacing the machine guns with TK projectors. This delivers massive effective TK fire on target, but can be quite expensive in recharge fees.
Range: 4,000 ft(double on a ley line)
Damage: 2d4 MD single shot, 3d6 MD short burst, 5d6 MD long burst, and 2d4x10 MD full melee burst, 8d6x10 MD for six MGs going simultaneously.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited, but the powering spells must be renewed every six months. Effectively Unlimited with a Tw powerplant.
Cost: 1 million credits for conversion kit
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Paladin Steel/Twardy Vintage Vehicles M24 Chaffee Light Tank

What he said.

Now do this version of a M-4/M-24 T69E3 and the T69E3 Box.
Other Panzer Front kits and art pictures that I found
Last edited by abtex on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aramanthus
Monk

Nice new PS vehicle! I think it's pretty cool! Nice links Abtex! You always find those cool ones!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:

Are those for REAL!?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:

Are those for REAL!?

wow make some stats on those beauty man !!!!!!!1
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Paladin Steel/Twardy Vintage Vehicles M24 Chaffee Light Tank

NICE !!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

It was a quick and dirty 'Off-the-shelf' job, using existing in-stock systems...the real work was research on users and variants...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:

Are those for REAL!?

Plastic models made 6-8 years ago, as far as I know. Search for Panzer Front links to a computer game. Have looked for more but have not found anything. Soviet prototypes look like some of them. ther is some info on the tanks on the box lids.

Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D Love that Chaffee!! Woohoo!! Panzer Front!! Loved that game! Those were tanks "that could have been." If I remember right, there was a Nazi tank in that game with rocket engines...A lot of the missions were taken from actual WWII battles.
They can't see me...Right!?
Aramanthus
Monk

So could that Nazi rocket powered tank fly? I know the Russians were attempting to build a flying tank during WW2. It was unsuccesful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_A-40

We in the Federated States have several Merc companies who'd love to use those!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Okay...I saw the 'designed by..." note on one of them...sadly, Panzer Front stuff would probably count as a conversion, and send red flags up on the forums.......
But there's plenty enough oddball designs and prototypes(especially the American 'gun carriages') to make up for it...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gadrin wrote:Need a briefing from my Paladin Rep

Do you guys have any icendiary rounds available for the IH-30 RamJet Auto-Cannon ? If so, give us pricing and stats.

>

No...but we can have some whipped up by next week, if time isn't a matter for you...We can see about adapting some of the 20mm Fire Orchid incendiary micromissile warheads to a 20mm cannon format...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Okay...I saw the 'designed by..." note on one of them...sadly, Panzer Front stuff would probably count as a conversion, and send red flags up on the forums.......
But there's plenty enough oddball designs and prototypes(especially the American 'gun carriages') to make up for it...

To bad it would make a nice "roll on, Roll off" [of transport aircraft] version of the Sherman family or US WW2 type Hunter Killer tank. Could the concept be used on other tanks, with out playing red flag with it? Or do a Armored transport without heavy weapon.

taalismn
Priest

Do you guys have any icendiary rounds available for the IH-30 RamJet Auto-Cannon ? If so, give us pricing and stats.

>

Rush order done(R&D did an overnighter):

PS IH-30 Incendiary Ramjet Ammunition(30mm format)
Range: Unchanged
Damage: 4d6 MD + 1d6 burn for 2 melee rounds, 2d4 MD for 2d4 melees, 80% chance of setting combustible materials on fire(that's per ROUND). Cost: 15 credits per round(but likely to go down to 12 credits per round once production ramps up to over 10,000 rds)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gadrin wrote:

Code: Select all

Lilith Biet's G-Carrier

G-Carrier 8 tons. An enclosed military or quasi-military grav
vehicle. The G-Carrier is an armored air/raft type vehicle intended originally for
troop carrier duties. Performance is similar to that of the air/raft, but the vehicle
generally has a gun mount and an armored rear hatch door. It requires a crew of
one (with airlraft skill), plus a gunner for the craft's weapon, if any. It can carry
14 persons (including the driver and gunner), plus 2 tons of cargo (or assume 250
kg cargo for each person not carried; thus driver, gunner, and 5 tons cargo).

Model Type: GC-300A
Class: APC
Crew: 2
M.D.C. by location
   Body: 375
   Top: 250
   Bottom: 275
   Force Field: 225

Speed & Performance
   Driving on the ground: Not Possible
   Flying: 300 mph
   FTL: Not Possible
   Range: Unlimited

Statistical Data
   Height: 9 feet
   Width: 12 feet
   Length: 20 feet
   Weight: 8 tons
   Cargo: 2 tons
   Power System: Nuclear
   Market Cost: 750,000

Weaponry
   IH 30mm RAMJet AutoCannon
      M.D.: 2D6x10 from 20-round burst or 3D6 single shot
      Rate of Fire: Bursts or Single Shots
      Range: 3000 feet
      Payload: 1000 round belt
   Falanar Vortex Projector
      M.D.: By gas/toxin type
      Rate of Fire: Single Shots
      Range: 50 feet; cone 3 feet by 25 feet
      Payload: 10 shots

>

Nice little APC, nice little APC; now don't you be shooting that funky green stuff at me!.... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

But he wanted "icendiary " not Incendiary. It may have something to do with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangelet and Ice-nine which would make some nasty projectile weapons. Being able to form solid material when it comes into contact with water or maybe other wet body fluids.
But he may just have misspelled Incendiary
taalismn wrote:

>

Rush order done(R&D did an overnighter):

PS IH-30 Incendiary Ramjet Ammunition(30mm format)
Range: Unchanged
Damage: 4d6 MD + 1d6 burn for 2 melee rounds, 2d4 MD for 2d4 melees, 80% chance of setting combustible materials on fire(that's per ROUND). Cost: 15 credits per round(but likely to go down to 12 credits per round once production ramps up to over 10,000 rds)...
Last edited by abtex on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

I've thought about Ice 9 bullets or something similar,,,,
I'd have to use Superpowers, though, and Mad Science to make something along tbose lines...endothermic munitions...
Beyond your usual ice bullets, a nasty endothermic round might be a crystal or substance that GAINS mass and density as it absorbs heat...so shooting somebody with such a substance is a triple threat...the bullet would draw life-sustaining heat from surrounding tissues(necrotizing frostbite), the expanding round would do additional damage to soft tissues, and it would also prevent the wound from healing....extra damage from bloodloss...nasty!

Okay...I've gotta think about this line of engineering...

Yah know, my projectile weapons lines are outstripping the energy types for meanness... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

taalismn wrote:I've thought about Ice 9 bullets or something similar,,,,
I'd have to use Superpowers, though, and Mad Science to make something along tbose lines...endothermic munitions...
Beyond your usual ice bullets, a nasty endothermic round might be a crystal or substance that GAINS mass and density as it absorbs heat...so shooting somebody with such a substance is a triple threat...the bullet would draw life-sustaining heat from surrounding tissues(necrotizing frostbite), the expanding round would do additional damage to soft tissues, and it would also prevent the wound from healing....extra damage from bloodloss...nasty!

Okay...I've gotta think about this line of engineering...

Yah know, my projectile weapons lines are outstripping the energy types for meanness... :twisted:

I have always thought of projectile weapons as being meaner than energy ones. Apparently some Sci-Fi writers agree, as I recall reading somewhere that some alien civilizations decided that energy weapons were more humane.

Return to “Rifts®”