Paladin Steel Storefront

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Paladin Steel Storefront

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Now now. Just because we happened to located where we are doesn't mean we're red-necks. For the most part we are an international organization from our own world. We just have that wonderful thing of Location! Location! Location! Nice new vehicle! We're planning on picking some up in the near future.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

89er wrote:All good reasons why its the location for the main factory. :D

And to celebrate, here's an new product you all might enjoy:

Warrior Sleeves
Superpower: Body Weapon
Tired of never having a weapon on you when it really counts? Want to be armed to the teeth but don’t want to invest your time and money into learning how to fight? Then slide on your Warrior Sleeves!
Resembling a semi-clear fingerless glove-sleeve, this item enables the wearer to alter the shape and structure of his extremities into S.D.C. melee weapons. You can turn your fingers into scythe-like claws; grow spikes from your knuckles, have hatchets for hands, even turn your entire forearm into an axe. The weapons formed can range from a variety of blades and blunt objects to tools like screwdrivers and picks. Putting it on has never been easier, just slide the sleeve over your entire arm, make a fist and the sleeve integrates with your body, clean and without pain. To remove, just wiggle your thumb and peel off.
Damage: Damage is 1D4 for a single knife-like blade made from a finger-each finger can be turned into a blade, creating claws that do 4D4 damage. The same applies to knuckle blades, horns/hooks or spikes, each doing 1D4 damage (one per knuckle).
An arm can be molded into a club, mace, hammer, or similar blunt weapon that does 2D6 damage +P.S. and hand to hand combat bonuses.
A sword, axe, glaive or similar blade weapon inflicts 3D6 damage +P.S. and hand to hand combat bonuses.
All P.P., P.S., and W.P. skill bonuses to strike, parry and damage are applicable. The weapon arm is as hard as steel and has a base S.D.C. of 4D4x10. The Body Weapon cannot be removed from the body.
Special Bonus: +1 on the initiative and +2 to disarm. Automatically has the fighting ability of paired weapons.
Range: Limited to reach
Price: 4,800 credits

Hmmm...Now you need an MDC version of this...for considerably greater cost of course....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I agree that an MDC version would sell quite a few. And we here at the Federated States would make sure you could sell quite a few of those.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:[8&ei=TlMZStuyMOCrtgeSrPnaDA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title]Image results for Sahariana[/url]

AS-42 Camionette Saharan the top half on vehicle and weapons, the bottom on building the model but may cause future projects.

That is one ugly-looking mutt....Yeah, I'd consider doing it, but PS already has the VW 'Thing' and enough jeeps...
But I'd consider this as one of many new vehicles coming from PS-ally the New Roman Republic, for its campaigns against the New Phoenix Empire....LOcally produced, using some North American technology and a lot of knocked-off TRiax tech...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

It'd be very cool to see that one or something very similiar to it statted out.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

More thinking out loud...

Other changes in the Palladin Steel alternity(which is 20-30 years ahead of the canonical Rifts world-line):
The PS alternity seems to be a slightly more benign and advanced Rifts Earth that is farther out of the Dark Ages than its canonical ‘cousin’-universe....The Splugorth have been chastized and are currently sulking on Atlantis, denied North America by treaty with the mysterious ZOT, the Coalition States are isolated and surrounded by an alliance of city-states and corporate states with mutual trade and assistance pacts, Serious efforts are being made to check the expansion of the vampires and Xiticix. It is the age of the Corporate Nation-State, with Triax rolling up the Brodkil and Gargoyles, and now aware of the expanding competition from the dozens, if not hundreds, of smaller companies and alliances springing up all over the world. And while economic corporate warfare may seem inevitable, the growing contact with other dimensional hubs like Phaseworld, and the powers it represents, may give those many companies other outlets for their energy and competitive spirit. Global(and interdimensional) trade is being (re)established, and new age of neo-colonialism and trading seems set to begin....Trade routes into central Europe have now been established, with tentative trade beginning into Eastern Europe and former Soviet Asia....Japan,Tritonia, and South America are increasingly being reached on a regular basis by North American traders, and there’s more interest in Australia, and a few exploratory pokes have been taken into China and central Asia.

*The Shemar---The Ecotroz Intelligence infecting the Shemarrian nation may explain why ARCHIE-3 hasn’t attempted to squash Greater New England; the rogue Shemar, growing more powerful, have increasingly isolated A3 and Hagan, making it more difficult for them to conduct their usual business(Cyberworks has recently taken a nosedive in availability). The Shemar have also more openly begun trading with other nations, including the GNE, though typically through ‘neutral’ trade posts like those maintained by the MadHaven mutants. A number of Shemar are known to wander inside the borders of the GNE as ‘resident aliens’; they frequently respond to mutual crisises and emergencies.

*MadHaven----MadHaven is still pretty much off-limits to everybody, but more MadHaven mutants have been coming out in the open, trading with outsiders. The mutants still keep outsiders from entering the region, but they have set up a number of trading posts and way stations on the region’s borders for travelers going around. A number of Madhaven traders have begun fanning out into the surrounding lands; one is known to frequent the town of Finton, the Beastman trading manuscripts and artwork with Lord Formalaine.
Generally, the MadHaven attitude towards the outside world is warming somewhat, but it can be described charitably as similar to the ‘Ugly American’ stereotype; the MadHavenists consider themselves to be superior, and their city the best in the world, they’re going to one day be on top(if they arne’t already), and in the meantime, they’re just humoring everybody else, while they look over the markets and landscape they’re going to dominate one day. While they may make treaties with neighboring states like the GNE and the Shemarrian Nation/Shemar, including mutual defense pacts, they don’t take their final orders from either Burlington or the Ten.

*ARCHIE-3----A3 has lost a lot of ground with recent events, and he doesn’t like it....Between the GNE/corporate alliance threatening him territorially and economically, and the Shemar somehow wresting control of many of his Shemarrian creations from him, he and Hagan are strating to feel a little boxed in.....ARCHIE-3 is tempted to launch an all-out offensive on the GNE and the Shemar, and even expose the Shemarrian secret, to see if the other nations would turn on the ‘false’ Shemarrians, but the two would-be world conquerers are still very fond of their elaborate false race to blow their arguably greatest caper in a fit of pique...Likewise, launching an all-out offensive with available forces would increase the chance of exposure, and as long as ARCHIE-3 doesn’t know the hows and whys of the Shemar aberration, he’s not 100% sure such an offensive would actually work. The last large-scale campaign he launched against the Shemar, when he was sure nobody else could observe, resulted in a mass-defection of the committed Shemarrian forces almost as soon as they made contact with the Shemar.
Worse, the Shemar have seized several of his facilities and satellite factories, especially some of his Cyberworks depots. While A3 managed to initiate self-destruct systems in some of the depots before they fell, he was unable to confirm the destruction of others, or how complete the destruction was....The Shemar(and others) may have managed to salvage an unknown amount of material and intelligence.
Another disturbing development was the loss of several of his stealth submarines carrying cargo to his Cyberworks facilities...He’s pretty certain that the Greater New England Navy had something to do with the disappearances, which annoys him; the GNEN shouldn’t have the ability to detect and track his ships....The fact that some of the intercepted transmissions make mention of ‘Mechanoids’, gives him reason to believe that the GNEN has learned from their own experience with the insane alien cyborgs. ARCHIE-3 has thus been most eager to send recon probes to try to pinpoint where his subs went down, to recover what he can before the GNEN or other parties find and bring up the wrecks themselves, and discover Mechanoid-derived technology mixed in among Cyberworks equipment...
While ARCHIE-3 and Hagan still believe themselves to be safe in their hidden complex, and can remain so for YEARS, hints of doubt are beginning to creep into their psyche....and desperate beings can be even more dangerous....

*The Republicans---In the PS/GNE alternity, the Republicans have lost a considerable anount of steam...Though they had some involvement in the early history of the GNE, and have tried to continue to mold the nation state over time, the fact is, the experiment got away from them...Too many factors outside their control got involved, and a number of elements escaped them. Smuggler’s Notch, once a stronghold of Republican sentiment, is now a bastion of the GNE, and many of the older Republicans now consider them traitors to the Republican cause; their regard for Greater New England and Paladin Steel is tainted by this.
Ironically, as their two biggest enemies/targets, ARCHIE-3 and the Coalition States, decline in power to the point where the Republican schemes MIGHT stand a chance of actually toppling either, the Republicans find themselves weakened by many of the same factors. The GNE has usurped the vision of the Republicans, and seduced many of the cause’s younger members and traditional allies with the prospects of contintenal unity within their lifetimes, and, at the very least, economic prosperity. In many ways, with its Lazlo-like universal acceptance of d-bees, the GNE is even MORE Republican in values than the Republicans themselves(especially hardcore types like Director Elliot). The fact that some Republican units have openly allied themselves with the GNE, as Irregular Units, has angered some of the old guard to no end....
Likewise, the Shemarrian/Shemar Nation(s), with its/their increasingly cosmopolitan views, and independent thinking, has done what the Republicans, custodians of the secrets of NEMA, couldn’t; put ARCHIE-3 on the defensive....If the Republicans only knew that the Shemarrians and the Shemar rogues were originally ARCHIE-3’s creations, and are the ones now turning on him, they’d find the irony absolutely deliciously hilarious, except that it brings them no closer to taking control of the errant psychotic A.I......
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:GRM?...Gravity-Resistant Material?

It's coming!!!
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

More thinking out loud...

Nice Future history.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:AS-42 Camionette Saharan

That is one ugly-looking mutt....Yeah, I'd consider doing it, but PS already has the VW 'Thing' and enough jeeps...

But I'd consider this as one of many new vehicles coming from PS-ally the New Roman Republic, for its campaigns against the New Phoenix Empire....LOcally produced, using some North American technology and a lot of knocked-off TRiax tech...

Ok. But having vehicles for large DBees and cyborgs/Power Armored riders in the local neighborhood would also be nice. Beep and the Ugly Thing [Saharan] would fit the bill. Or as light Gun trucks even. Most rides are done for human size riders.

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:Does PS make Agri vehicles as part of thier "Classic Movers" we're moving in vehicle projects?
Or at least refit kits for the CM vehicles?

Any more CM vehicles coming?

No more CM vehicles on the immediate horizon...I figure a few basic vehicles for now that can be uber-customized to one's heart's content...maybe a (semi)conventional big rig truck? Ala 'Road Warrior', or a basic bus?

As for PS's agrocultural vehicles? Yes, we make agro-vehicles(tractors, harvesters, combines, plows, etc) and construction equipment of all kinds...but most of it is SDC gear to keep the prices down(though the parts that see the most wear, like frames and bearings, are MDC),,,but that would require essentially converting the combined John Deere, INternational Harvester, and Caterprillar Tractor catelogs to Palladium...
I do/did have a seriously magicked-up TW tractor that was essentially a farmer's dream; in essence it was a golem with Earth magic aimed at plowing fields and increasing crop harvests through local environmental manipulation, but the price tag of several million credits per unit was a little steep for your average independent farmer, so I'm either going to try to produce a lower powered version of it, or figure out a way to rotate-rent the units to communities...

Yeah, PS is getting into agriculture too...It doesn't have the big farms and seed stock genetic-manipulation programs that the CS has going(and stealing seed from the CS is just plain stupid, because the resulting plants tend to be sterile anyways, so the farmers have to go back to the CS the next season for more seed), but they're trying...and the recent influx of talent from Atlantis, trade with other lands/dimensions, and negotiations with the Cambridge Jungle tribes means that agricultural stations are starting to pop up to field test new crops and crop strains...Since PS needs happy well-fed workers for both its customer and labor base, finding new ways to feed up people are in its best interest..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice addition to the history of PS's world. Nice to learn more. Thank you for sharing that info on the GRM - Abtex! Looking forward to new material!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Though considering I just got several new books on military vehicles and oversized vehicles, I may spin off a few more 'general usage' comparatively low-tech vehicles...

And I really wanted to get cracking on back to high-end robots and aerospace vehicles...(groan)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Though considering I just got several new books on military vehicles and oversized vehicles, I may spin off a few more 'general usage' comparatively low-tech vehicles...

And I really wanted to get cracking on back to high-end robots and aerospace vehicles...(groan)...

So do both at the same time. I have a bad habit of hiteching The old with new. HS-129 with modern engines, weapons and tech gadgets. M-3 Half track with hover drives. Teching out WW2 bombers and adding Power Suit "escort fighters" carried on board the planes, housed in the bomb bay. What would a DBee race version of old, new and will be cars, cycles, etc. wonder how they would be used by us and others. You did a RPG-7 plasma weapon, cold war meets higher tech, la Anime an idea.

But do what you want, we will read and use what we can. Please.
I just have a wandering mind and no writing skills. So I point to things.

Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to seeing those new vehicles. Which new military books did you get Taalismn? Sorry it's out of curiousity.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Dunno why I did this...it certainly ain’t what I set out to do originally, but I just acquired an affection for this ugly duckling as I went along...

Hangar-18B/Paladin Steel Medium Tank M3 ‘Sand King’
(aka ‘Desert Lee’, ‘Demon Lee’)

‘What the HELL?! Those weren’t there a moment ago!”

The world of Rifts Earth has played host to both eccentric innovation and eccentric mysticism....The line between the real and the mythic often blurs, and the difference between magic and technology even more so...It is difficult to tell which is which, and what is inspired by the other...Often it is impossible to tell if something apparently sprung to life from some ancient story is the original inspiration for those stories come back, or a product of those stories acting on a magic-rich environment. This is particularly true of Techno-Wizardry, where making the impossible and seemingly impractical actually work in defiance of once-accepted scientific principles....Often times, Techno-wizards seem drawn to do things not because of the soundness of a design or the principles therein embodied, but because of the myths and legends built up around the technology. A prime example is the ‘Desert Lee’ tanks that have been encountered with increasing frequency in the American SouthWest....It is not known where the first these fearsome vehicles originated, despite their obvious resemblance to the old US Army M3 ‘General Lee’ tank, but a number of different sources have since popped up, confusing the issue...
Historically, the M3 Medium Tank was once the main armored fighting vehicle of the old American Empire military, but was obsolete by the time World War 2 rolled along...The design incorporated a number of features which belied its dated concept features; most notably its main armament was mounted in an offset hull sponson which limited its traverse and required the entire tank to be pointed to bring the main weaponry to bear. The M3 also possessed a high profile, making it an attractive target for anti-tank fire. Nevertheless, the M3 was supplied in quantity under Loan-Lease to the British and Russian militaries, since nothing better was available, and for a time in North Africa, it fared well against the Panzer IIIs used there. However, it soon fell victim to the march of weapons technology, and was subsequently replaced by the famous M4 Sherman, which shared much of the same chassis and suspension design, but which carried twice the armor(3 inches of cast armor as opposed to the M3’s 1.5 inches of bolted, later cast, plate). The M3 soldiered on, with a redesigned hull and main armament, as the successful M7 Priest self-propelled gun, in which form it survived WW2 and continued to serve in various militaries for several years after.
The origins of the M3s encountered in the New West are the subject of much rumor. A Rifted American Army armored unit perhaps, Dwarven underground factories, or the ghostly revived legions of armor supposedly buried in the west coastal deserts as reserves against a possible Japanese invasion of California. The tanks seen in the New West have been obviously refitted with modern systems, including sensors, shielding, and improved communications, but an increasing number of them are more modern reconstructions, or ‘replitanks’.
However, Paladin-Steel affiliated Hangar-18B has recently begun offering for sale their own version of the ‘Desert Lee’, enhanced with Earth Elemental magic, and obviously inspired by the legends.
Though slow and cumbersome compared to more modern designs, and with the inherent problems of the high profile and limited arc of fire of the main armament, the M3 replitanks are formidable in their own right. Though still used mainly by the Dwarven enclave militaries, a number of these tanks have made it onto the Black Market and into the hands of mercenary-adventurers.
Type: USArmy M3
Class: Medium Tank
Crew: 6
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 400
75mm Gun Sponson(right side) 180
35mm Gun Turret 180
Machine Gun Cupola 90
Treads(2) 55 each
Height: 10.3 ft
Width: 8 ft 11 in.
Length: 18 ft 6 in.
Weight: 59,928 lbs
Cargo: Small space in crew compartment for survival packs and a few small arms.
Powerplant: TW Powerplant or Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Hangar 18B versions carry an Earth Elemental ‘Eleminal’ powerplant
Speed: 26 MPH
Market Cost: 32 million credits for TW, 28 million credits for Nuclear
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems, plus:
*Periscopic Sight---An optics mast that be elevated up 8 ft for scoping over obstacles or out of loose soil/sand.
*Thermal Insulation--Missing from the original M3 design is a modern air conditioning system and thermal insulation. Now they have them.
Weapons Systems:
1)75mm cannon(1)---The main gun of the M3 is mounted in a right side sponson in the side of the hull. A number of early Japanese, Italian(Fiat M 13/40), and French(Char B1) heavy tanks shared a similar layout, mounting the main armament in the hull, which limited the travese the heavy cannon could cover...At least with the M3, the starboard sponson could angle above the treads to the right, though this necessitated a high casemate hull to mount the 75mm cannon above the tread-rollers.
Some variants have been seen sporting heavy energy weapons or TW cannon.
a)(Original)
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage:(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 18 ft blast radius
(High Explosive-Armor-Piercing)2d4x10 MD to 7 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: 3 times per melee
Payload: 50 rds

b) Heavy Ion Cannon
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per energy burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: 200 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant

c) Heavy Plasma Cannon
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: 180 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant

d)Laser Cannon---A heavier single-barrel laser cannon, based on a weapon acquired from South America(the ATL-7 Anti-Tank Laser)
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 3d6x10+10 MD per single shot
Payload: 100 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant

2)35mm cannon(1)---Mounted in a smaller turret atop the main hull casemate is a 35mm cannon with 360-degree traverse. The ‘original’ 35mm cannon system seen on the first ‘Sand Kings’ encountered would appear to be a more modern automatically-loading weapon, based on anti-aircraft weapons. Other M3s have been seen sporting other weapons, such as light energy cannons and TW cannon.
a)(Original) 35mm Cannon
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage:(Proximity Fuzed Fragmentation) 3d6 MD to a 10 ft blast radius, 2d6x10 MD to a 30 ft blast radius per 10 rd burst.
(Armor Piercing Tracer) 4d6 MD single shot, 3d6x10+10 MD per 10 rd burst
Payload: 178 rds

b) Rail Gun
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage:1d6x10 per 20 rd burst
Payload: 3,000 rd drum

c)Laser Cannon
Damage: 6d6 MD single blast, 1d6x10 MD double pulse blast
Payload: 400 shot battery for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant

d) TK Heavy Machine Gun
Range: 4,000 ft(double on ley lines)
Damage: 2d4 MD single shot, 3d6 MD short burst(5 shots), 5d6 MD long burst(10 shots), or 2d6x10 MD full melee burst(50 shots)
Payload: 200 shot PPE ‘clip’. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models. Can be recharged at 1 PPE/ 2 ISP per shot.

e)Firedemon Flamethrower---Some M3s have been seen sporting a modified version of this feared weapon, originally developed by the infamous arcanist Somimoto, but since made more efficient through the use of low-PPE-loss ecto-conduits.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD, plus the demonic-shaped fireburst has a Horror Factor of 14.
Payload: 15 blasts; costs 25 PPE/50 ISP to recharge per blast. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models.

3)7.62mm machineguns(4)---For defense against enemy infantry, the M3 mounted no less than four machine guns; two in the forward hull, one co-axial in the top turret, and another in a smaller machine gun cupola on top of that(original design called for two MGs to be mounted in sponsons port-and-starboard at the rear of the main compartment, covering angles over the rear engine housing).
a)(Original)
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 6d6 SDC per single shot, 4d6x10 SDC(1d4 MD) per 10 rd burst
Payload: 9,200 rds carried(2,300 rds per gun)

b) TW TK Machineguns---Standard light TK weapon.
Range: 2,000 ft(double on ley lines)
Damage: 2d4 MD single shot, 4d4 MD short burst(3 shots), 4d6 MD long burst, and 2d4x10 MD per full melee burst of 30 shots
Payload: 30 shot PPE ‘clip’. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models. Can be recharged at 1 PPE/ 2 ISP per shot.

c) Light Rail Guns
Range:4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD single rd. 6d6 MD per 30 rd burst
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 600 rd magazine

d) Pulse Lasers
Range:4,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot. 1d4x10+6 MD per triple-shot burst
Payload: 300 shot battery per gun for conventionally powered models. Effectively Unlimited w/ nuclear powerplant

TW Features:
*Breath Without Air----20 minutes per 5 PPE.
*Protective Energy Field---50 MDC and 10 minutes duration per 10 PPE pumped in.
*Impervious to Fire---10 minutes per 5 PPE.
*Sand Burrowing---The M3 ‘Sand Kings’ can dig down and submerge themselves in sand, loose dirt, and gravel like giant moles, or earth-bound submarines. Can move through such loose soils at HALF normal land speed. Typically moves along 4-5 ft under the surface. Costs 12 PPE per 16 minutes.

(Hangar-18B versions)
*Sandstorm----Range of 300 ft, covers a 200 ft area, and lasts ten minutes. Costs 30 PPE per activation. All other effects identical to the Earth Elemental spell.
*Chameleon---1 hour per 5 PPE.

Variants:

*M3 Hephastus(aka ‘Tinkersmith’, ‘Tinsmith’)---Engineering variant, that removes the 75mm and 35mm guns, retaining only the cupola and glacis-plate machine guns.The 35mm gun turret is replaced with a robotic armature/crane-claw(55 MDC) that can function as a robot arm(15 ft reach, Robotic P.S. of 30), a crane(has 200 ft of high strength cable, and can pull/lift up to 15 tons), or a grapple launcher(fires the claw up to 100 ft, doing 2d4 MD on a direct strike). The 75mm gun sponson holds a fake gun barrel, but internally holds extra cargo space and equipment(800 lbs of gear or 2 additional passengers).
The Hephastus carries large metal cabinets(3, with 50 MDC each) on the outside rear and sides for holding tools and equipment(up to 1,000 lbs of gear) ....Spare treads and bogie wheels are frequently carried on the front(incidentally adding 2d4x10 MD in extra armor to the main hull).
Other features include a towing winch with 200 ft of line and a 10 ton pull capacity, a towing lug(can haul up to 30 tons), brackets on the hull sides for carrying unditching beams, and two rear deployable stabilization jacks.
Cost: + 1.2 million credits

*M3F ‘Vesuvius’----This modifies the M3 into a flamethrower platform, replacing the 75mm cannon with a flame weapon. Several different weapons types have been seen fitted to the -F variant;
a) Heavy Flamer
Range: 500 ft
Damage: (Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Rate of Fire:EPCHH
Payload: 100 blasts
Cost: + 110,000 million credits

b)TW Fire Globe Launcher---This weapon fires Fire Globes
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD on impact, continues to burn for 1d4 minutes, doing an additional 5d6 MD per melee round
Payload: 60 shot PPE battery. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models. 10 PPE per shot
Cost: 120,000 credits

c) TW Lava Gun---This weapon spews bolts or streams of red-hot magma
Range: (Lava Bolt) 3,000 ft
(Lava Stream) 300 ft and covers an area roughly 8 ft wide
Damage: (Lava Bolt)1d6x10 MD initial hit, plus does 1d6 MD for an additional 1d4 melees before cooling into a rough slag that cracks off.
(Lava Stream) Does 2d4x10 MD and does 3d6 MD for an additional 1d6 melees before cooling into a rough slag that cracks off.
Rate of Fire:(Lava Bolt) EGCHH
(Lava Stream) Twice per melee
Payload:(Lava Bolt) 60 shot PPE battery.
(Lava Stream) Counts as 3 Lava Bolt shots
60 shot PPE battery. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models. Can be recharged at 20 PPE/ 40 ISP per shot.
Cost: +250,000 credits

d)TW Eldrencher Flamer---This weapon was apparently developed by Hangar-18B with the help of recent Dwarven émigrés to the GNE, who brought with them several naval weapons of unique design, including the Eldrencher Fire naval shell. A munition developed late in the Elf-Dwarf War, to defeat the new generations of magically-reinforced armor plate, Eldrencher weaponry uses an alchemetic composition of various exotic substances, including quicksilver and magnesium(the exact ingrediants are a closely-guarded secret) infused with magic energies. This napalm-like incendiary shell spreads a viscous, flaming goo that actually does MORE damage to magically-enhanced armors(such as those used in Demon Ships, many technowizardry vessels, and even some Haunted Ships), feeding on a portion of the ensorcelled energies to enhance thermal effects. The Eldrencher Flamer mounted in the M3F is the first application of this potent substance outside naval armaments.
Range: 500 ft
Damage:Does 2d4x10 MD to 10 ft area, plus the lava-napalm continues to burn for 1d6 minutes, doing 4d6 MD per melee. It is especially dangerous in that it has been known to drip down through decks and down air shafts, doing additional damage to the interior of targets. Supernatural BEINGS caught by Eldrencher Fire take 50% more damage, and supernaturally-enhanced structures take DOUBLE damage.
Payload: 35 shots in a reinforced drum
Cost: Currently experimental and not for sale. Basic conversion would cost 300,000 credits, and a single shot of the lava-napalm would likely cost 300 credits or more if made commercially available

*CDL M3---CDL stands for ‘Canal Defense Light’, a British attempt to bring searchlight illumination to the battlefield for night-fighting, but the wartime cover for the device was for Home Defense and patrol of waterways. A number of M3s were fitted with slit-shuttered strobing searchlights in the 35mm turret, with dummy guns mounted in the other positions(only a single machine gun was retained for defense). It was never successfully deployed, after Russian debacles with the concept, and inconclusive German efforts to shine infrared illumination for scope-equipped forces.
Why a British concept would show up, post-Rifts, in the American New West, is unknown, but a number of the ‘Demon Lees’ have shown up, retaining most of their original weaponry, but carrying a TW or mystic light device in place of the 35mm cannon. Nicknamed ‘Sun Scorchers’, these powerful magical illumination devices have proven rather more effective against vampires and other sun-fearing monsters in the desert. They can also be strobed for blinding effect against regular opponents.
Range: 4,000 ft; cross area covers a roughly 25 ft wide area
Damage: Does 1d4x10 HP per melee to vampires, Horror Factor of 18
Equivalent to a Globe of Daylight/direct sunlight to opponents vulnerable to sunlight.
(Flash Blinding) Equivalent to the Blinding Flash spell.
Payload: 20 shot (500)PPE battery. Effectively unlimited for TW-powered models. 25 PPE per 30 minutes duration
Cost: +80,00 credits

*Mine Flail---Inspired by the old WWII Scorpion “Flail Tanks”, this option mounts a long roller-supported assembly on the front of the tank, with a rapidly rotating drum on the end, to which are attached dozens of lengths of high-strength chain. The theory goes that by advancing behind the flailing chains, the tank can safely detonate mines at a standoff distance, triggering them prematurely (or shattering them) with the ground-hammering chains. In practice, though, this works only against the simplest of mines, and the device is easily defeated by time delay fuzes, greater blast radius explosives, and ‘smart’ mines like the Wellington SAW, which could attack targets from the side and from a distance. However, most mines aren’t well armored, so the flail can easily demolish them. Furthermore, the mine flail has proven a terrifying anti-personnel weapon in close quarters, so it’s popular with a number of garrison troops.
MDC of Assembly:80
Size: The flail assemby adds ten feet to the length of the tank
Range: 8 ft range
Damage: 1d6 MD per chain strike(Roll 1d6 to determine number of chains hitting)
Penalties: Reduce speed of tank by 20%, and -10% to Pilot Tank skill
Cost: 20,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

NICE !!!!!!!!!!8)
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about the weapons from killer klowns from outer space?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Thats pretty fricken sweet.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Thats pretty fricken sweet.

taalismn wrote:Hangar-18B/Paladin Steel Medium Tank M3 ‘Sand King’

taalismn's new ride or abe's require?
abe wrote:How about the weapons from killer klowns from outer space?

You want to arm a Medium Tank M3 with clown and circus based weapons and have hand held ones as well. Done so they do not break the the convert rule of Palladium Books.

taalismn
Priest

I answer the Killer Clowns with an 80mm shotgun blast to the face!
THEN my Ludicrous Mages tapdance on the Clowns' cooling corpses....

Because Rifts Curbstomp is the New Slapstick...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I like these new combat vehicles from PS. We here at the Federated States are working on sponsoring several new Mercenary groups. And we'd like to use all of the variants of this vehicle as the core to the firepower of these groups. Just one thing. And chance of getting an ambulance variant out of them?

HH....FIE
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

See tha actual movie that I mentioned for some ideas for weapons that they would use like a type of popcorn that turns into snake-like beings with clown faces or party favors that can clamp around a persons neck,something like that.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Aramanthus
Monk

I've seen that movie too. I think I agree with Taalismn's answer. The best clown is a dead one. We can always launch them out of some very large cannons. :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I like these new combat vehicles from PS. We here at the Federated States are working on sponsoring several new Mercenary groups. And we'd like to use all of the variants of this vehicle as the core to the firepower of these groups. Just one thing. And chance of getting an ambulance variant out of them?

M3 would make a lousy ambulance...too slow and not roomy enough....Ideally you want an ambulance that can get in and out fast, returning to a secure MASH or other medical facility...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

taalismn wrote:I answer the Killer Clowns with an 80mm shotgun blast to the face!

you know, everytime i see people write stuff like that, i'm tempted to somehow get OGRE Cybertank's into RIFTS. because you don't know curbstomp until you've been Bolostomped :nuke:
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:
taalismn wrote:I answer the Killer Clowns with an 80mm shotgun blast to the face!

you know, everytime i see people write stuff like that, i'm tempted to somehow get OGRE Cybertank's into RIFTS. because you don't know curbstomp until you've been Bolostomped :nuke:

So you've been following the Spacebattles.com threads about BOLOs? Where the Mrk of the Bolo determines the awesomeness of the beatdown?
I like some of the fanfiction...'Caught by the Bolo" where the nBSG Cylons discover a Human/Melconian colony from Operation Ragnarock...and the arrogant Cylons get curbstomped within seconds... :twisted:
Yeah, having the Killer Klowns oh-so-innocently(and accidentally) hitting a town that's home to a development facility of the BOLO Division of (reformed) General Motors, is asking for major custard-bleed in the streets.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

well, i was directed to the thread from the battletech boards a while back, mainly for the Tukayyid 2.0 story...neat idea, poor execution. the guy knew CBT..but was pretty ignorant of bolo capabilities in comparison...
the link was in a thread out a CBT fanfiction universe where M5 caspar drones were fully sapient, and managed to survive past the fall of the star league....pretty cool stuff. some one had suggested taking an M5 and putting it into one of the new "mobile structures"...

for rifts...you could have fun with cybertank's...
top secret Army "Continental Defense Unit", built in secret using the best technology available to the northern alliance. cyberwork's ARCHIE AI's, KLS chrome armor and advanced mass driver tech, Wilks laser systems for point defense, large arrays of nuclear cruise missiles and other "detterants", built by the still nationalized GM without the knowledge of any of the companies supplying the parts.... :twisted:

but it would be something no GameMaster would ever use...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

...Except as a Holy GRail for the players to try to find....Or ARCHIE-3 catches wind of tales of an AI as advanced as himself, and wedded to a mobile weapons platform as a sort of 'mobile emergency relief coordinator system'..and he finds enough hard data to suggest that it's real...He wants either the tech or to eliminate possible competition, so he sends his minions to find it...Of course, so are a lot of other folks, thanks to a babbling nomad, or a saddle tramp who was with a rogue scholar's little excavation somewhere out west...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I think it'd be cool if there was an equal to a Bolo in Rifts officially. Although unofficially there is one. I know of it and I've had my players try it's defenses out in a test scenario. The players were in trouble, but did a lot of simulated damage against it. What about a version of a Honeywell? Otherwise known as a Stuart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_tank

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Aramanthus wrote:I think it'd be cool if there was an equal to a Bolo in Rifts officially. Although unofficially there is one. I know of it and I've had my players try it's defenses out in a test scenario. The players were in trouble, but did a lot of simulated damage against it. What about a version of a Honeywell? Otherwise known as a Stuart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_tank

He has.
Paladin Steel Jeb Stuart Light Tank

taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing those new vehicles. Which new military books did you get Taalismn? Sorry it's out of curiousity.

Chris McNab's 'Military Vehicles'(Amber Books, 2003)...It uses much of the same illos as the Phillip Trewhitt 'Armored Fighting Vehicles'(Amber Books, 1999) that I keep by my computer for quick vehicle reference---they're both hardcover paperback-sized 'direct to the cheap table' publications(even cheaper, since I picked up the McNab book for a dollar at a booksale)...but the McNab book focuses less on tanks and other front line vehicles, and more support vehicles and specialized types....

The other is 'Megavehicles'...which is basically a listing of the biggest (x)-types of vehicles(biggest bombers, biggest limos, biggest mobile oil platform, biggest object in space, biggest railroad gun, etc...) with a LOT of pages given to construction and agricultural equipment...so likely big honkin' tractors are in the future...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I think it'd be cool if there was an equal to a Bolo in Rifts officially. Although unofficially there is one. I know of it and I've had my players try it's defenses out in a test scenario. ]

There's always the Kreeghor Doomsday Machines and the Naruni cybervengeance tanks that come close...You can always use those as a basis for Big Bad Unstoppable Tanks...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about something from "swatkats"?
You know,there missles & such. :angel:
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

conversions, man, conversions...gotta watch 'em... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I forgot about that particular one Abtex. Thank you for reminding me. I'm always looking forward to seeing new PS material!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And thank you for answering my question about those new books! I'm always trying to keep my eyes open for books like those.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

More Classic Mover Series Vehicles

“Because your little corner of the world’s growing and moving...”

*PS HEMTT02(aka ‘Hemit’, ‘BGI’(Big Green Iguana),’Snake’) ---PS-manufactured revival of the massive Oshkosh truck of the same name. Where there’s level and firm enough ground, none are so popular as the HEMTTs...Tougher terrain, and you’ll be needing PS’s Walker Trucks or Clysdales. Need more hauling power? Easy; Paladin Steel’s QuickHitch system allows you to quickly lock together a hauling team of trucks for those extra-heavy loads. We’ve seen these babies hauling everything from palletized loads of fresh produce to torpedo boats. We’ve even heard of somebody mounting Katyusha racks on a HEMTT, though we don’t recommend using these trucks as combat vehicles.
Type: Heavy Truck
Crew: 1 +1 passenger in cab
MDC: Main Body-- 140
Wheels(10)---15 each
Length: 35 ft
Width: 7.97 ft
Height: 10.76 ft,
Weight: 38,800 lbs
Cargo: 16.5 tons+ can haul an additional 16.5 tons
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel (350 mile range)or Electric (400 mile range).
Speed: 60 MPH. Can ford 2 ft.
Weapons Systems: None standard, but many crews add a remote controlled gun mount atop the cab.
Cost: 32,000 Credits (25% extra for electric propulsion)
Options:
*Extra-Wide ‘Corncob’ Tires---These allow the vehicle to wallow effectively through swamp and soft terrain. Effectively DOUBLES the width of the vehicle, but reduces the speed by only 25% when crossing muck that would otherwise stop the vehicle cold. 9,000 credits per set.

*PS M9 ACE---PS copy/mod of the pre-Rifts U.S. Army’s M9 ‘superdozer’. Sometimes called the Roebling CEV’s ‘big dumb cousin’, the M9 lacks the Roebling’s specialized engineering equipment, but is arguably even tougher and more powerful in terms of sheer raw horsepower. An armored cupola allows the crew to see out and around while remaining safe within the armored body of the ‘dozer. It’s also watertight and amphibious for those wet jobs.
PS makes and sells a LOT of these vehicles to parties doing heavy construction and land clearance.
Type: Bulldozer/Engineering Vehicle(tracked)
Crew: 1 +2 passengers
MDC: Main Body-- 200
Reinforced Crew Compartment ---100
Treads---10 each
Dozer Blade ---200
Length: 20.51 ft
Width: 10.5 ft
Height: 8.86 ft
Weight: 36,000 lbs
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel (200 mile range), Electric (260 mile range), or Nuclear(10 year energy life).
Speed: 30 MPH. Can ford 2 ft. Fully Amphibious; can move through the water at 3 MPH using its treads to ‘swim’.
Weapons Systems: None standard, but many crews add a remote controlled gun mount atop the cab.
Cost: 85,000 Credits (25% extra for electric propulsion, 1.5 million credits for Nuclear)
Options:
*VibroBlade Dozer-Plow---Active vibroblade elements in its edges give a +1d4x10 MD damage on a ram; perfect for carving through those tough boulders.
Cost: 3,000 credits

*Mine Rollers/Plows---These are heavy rollers or reinforced plowshares meant to pick up and push aside contact mines, and explode them safely at a distance from the vehicle. They’re only really effective against contact mines(newer generations of missile-armed ‘standoff’ mines are still effective against them)
Weight: 1.8 tons for either design
MDC: 200
Due to the curved design of the rollers/plows, fragmentation and high explosives do HALF damage against them; plasma does NORMAL damage.
Penalties: Rollers and plows are heavy, and reduce speed by 30%(plows by 50%), and -10% to driving rolls when the devices are in operation.
Note: Plows do 1d6 MD on a ram, due to their sharp design. They also have a 50% chance of destroying contact mines WITHOUT detonating them.
Cost: 9,000 credits

*Trenching Machine---This is a heavy(2.5 ton) rig that excavates a trench, 12 ft wide by 6 ft deep, channeling the dirt to one side for later removal(or plowing back into the trench). It can move 14,000 to 18,000 cubic feet of soil per hour. Perfect for creating earthwork fortifications or laying underground pipe and cables. Can be vehicle mounted or towed.
Cost: 76,000 credits

*PS Portable Roadbed---This is a lightweight, folding design, portable roadbed made of tough, durable, MDC silica fiberboard, that can be quickly laid out on soft (including river banks, snow, and sand) or contaminated ground to allow vehicles and pedestrians to safely cross. Standard length is 160 ft long by 14 ft wide, with MDC of 12, and weighs 800 lbs. A crew can manually lay out a stretch of this in 10-20 minutes. Can be laid from the back of a flatbed vehicle or trailer, and can be auto-deployed by a special folding rig(costs 4,000 credits, and reduces the time needed to deploy/recover by HALF).
Cost: 700 credits per unit

*PS EVMC-70(aka ‘Super-Stretch’, ‘Giraffe’)----A heavy-duty extending crane, ‘ruggerized’ for the field. Perfect for those big construction projects, excavations, and salvage jobs. Though nicknamed the ‘battlecrane’, the EVMC-70 really isn’t meant for combat, though it’s armored to handle small arms fire and fire storms, and most crews will mount a gun-pintle or two on their vehicles for discouraging predators.
Needless to say, Paladin Steel Contract Engineering uses a LOT of these vehicles.
Type: Heavy All-Terrain Mobile Crane
Crew: 2
MDC: Main Body-- 100
Driver’s Cab---60
Crane Operator’s Cab---60
Crane Turret--80
Wheels(8)---10 each
Length: 42.22 ft
Width: 9.02 ft
Height: 12.24 ft
Weight: 108,000 lbs
Cargo: Small space in crew cabins for survival packs and sidearms. Additional tools and gear can be stored externally in lockers bolted to the sides and upper deck of the truck frame.
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel (250 mile range)or Electric (280 mile range).
Speed: 50 MPH. Can ford 2 ft.
Special Equipment:
*Extendable Crane----Can telecope up to 133 ft, with a lifting capability of 70 tons
*Forward Winch---13 ton pull capability
*Stabilization Pylons(8)---These drop, lock, and lift the wheels up, stablizing the vehicle for hoisting those heavy loads.
Weapons Systems: None standard, but many crews add a remote controlled gun mount atop the cab, and another atop the crane operator’s cab.
Cost: 16,000 Credits (25% extra for electric propulsion)
Options:
*Extra-Wide ‘Corncob’ Tires---These allow the vehicle to wallow effectively through swamp and soft terrain. Effectively DOUBLES the width of the vehicle, but reduces the speed by only 25% when crossing muck that would otherwise stop the vehicle cold. 7,000 credits per set.

*PS CT-series Pickup Trucks---Pre-Rifts folk might recognize the lines of the venerable Ford F-series pickups in these post-Rifts vehicles produced by PS for the open market. Not meant for combat, the CT-series is typically only high-SDC/low-MDC in construction, meant more for handling harsh environmental conditions and the occasional predator trying to nibble on the occupants, than for charging Splugorth slaver bands or CS patrols. Of course, there’s been no end to the number of ‘technicals’(utility trucks fitted with improvized heavy weapons) popular among militias, low-end mercs, and bandits.
Type: Light Truck/Automobile
Crew: 1 +5 passengers
MDC: Main Body-- 40
Wheels(4)---10 each
Length: 213 inches (17.75 ft)
Width: 97 inches(6.3 ft)(78 inches w/o mirrors)
Height: 76 inches (8 ft)
Weight: 5,450 lbs
Cargo: 2,650 lbs in cargo bed; can pull 9,800 lbs maximum
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel (36 gallon capacity--18 MPG---648 mile range)or Electric (700 mile range).
Speed: 80 MPH. Can ford 2 ft.
Systems of Note:
*Towing Hitch
*Four-Wheel Drive
Weapons Systems: None standard.
Cost: 18,000 Credits (25% extra for electric propulsion)
Options:
*Engine Upgrade----A more powerful engine and more efficient power train can be added, improving overall speed, but at greater expense;
Speed: Can improve top speed by up to 50%
Cost: 5,000 credits per 10% of improvement over base.

*Extra-Wide ‘Corncob’ Tires---These allow the vehicle to wallow effectively through swamp and soft terrain. Effectively DOUBLES the width of the vehicle, but reduces the speed by only 25% when crossing muck that would otherwise stop the vehicle cold. 2,000 credits per set.

*Fabric Cargo Deck Top(25 MDC) Cost: 4,000 Credits
*Hard Cargo Deck Top(35 MDC) Cost: 5,000 Credits

*PS M2740 ‘Scootie”(aka ‘Scoobie”, “Scoot”, “Buckboard”)---Motorized transport doesn’t get any more minimal than this, essentially an open-framed motorized buckboard for short jaunts. The design was obviously inspired by various ‘mechanical mule’ designs and by the old NASA Lunar River. Accommodations are minimal, and the driver is completely exposed to the elements, lacking even a windshield. The rear deck is essentially one big flat plate, though it can be quickly exchanged for a six-seat passenger bench deck, liquids tank, tool bench, or other configuration. The engine comes in only two types; a two-cylinder flex-fuel type or battery electric; and in a pinch, the battery version can be run off e-clips(estimated mileage; 18 miles per e-clip). On the plus side, the Scootie is easily fixed, quickly modified, and the frame even folds up for easy stowage aboard a larger vehicle, like an aircraft or giant robot. It’s also dirt-cheap. Sure, it can be uparmored with tougher materials, tougher wheels, and a canopy even added, but why bother? And while we’ve seen Scoots fitted with heavy weapons like recoilless cannon, they’re really not meant for combat duty.
PS makes a LOT of these ‘golf carts’ for the domestic market. They’re also a common sight on GNE military bases and PS factory facilities as on-facility get-arounds, cargo and vehicle tugs, and personal transport.
PS also makes a straightout version of the Scoot using cheaper materials, that has only 120 SDC, and sells for 1,800 credits, but is essentially the same vehicle.
Type: Light Automobile
Crew: 1 +1-6 passengers in carrier mode
MDC: Main Body-- 10
Wheels(4)---3 each
Length: 9.78 ft (Folds to half that for storage/transport)
Width: 5.84 ft
Height: 3.9 ft (6 ft when folded for storage/transport)
Weight: 850 lbs
Cargo: 1,000 lb flatbed capacity. Can pull up to 1,500 lbs
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel (120 mile range)or Electric (150 mile range).
Speed: 45 MPH.
Weapons Systems: None standard.
Cost: 4,000 Credits (25% extra for electric propulsion)
Options:
*Fabric Top---A windshield and fabric-and-frame top can be added, affording the driver and any passengers some protection from the elements. (25 MDC) Cost: 4,000 Credits
*Extra-Wide ‘Corncob’ Tires---These allow the vehicle to wallow effectively through swamp and soft terrain. Effectively DOUBLES the width of the vehicle, but reduces the speed by only 25% when crossing muck that would otherwise stop the vehicle cold. 500 credits per set.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Thank you. Am reading now.
*PS M2740 ‘Scootie”(aka ‘Scoobie”, “Scoot”, “Buckboard”)

Have you been reading my notepads, that is real close to my Founder's Muletary and the basis for their T-Model GetARound series. I just need to write faster and EditPad text quicker. It will as work as the chassis for this pickup a couple of items based for the pickup concept.

does the PS HEMTT02 come with a pickup body?
Last edited by abtex on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aramanthus
Monk

Those are cool! Nice to see some ordinary vehicles. I think that the Federated States are going to be ordering a seriously large number of these for various aspects of our society.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel PSIC-01 ‘Tesla’ Infantry Ion Cannon

*ZHATZZZZ*
*ZHATZZZZ*
*ZHATZZZZ*
“DANCE, YOU FRAKKIN’ ZOMBIE-BOYS! DANCE!”
*ZHATZZZZ*

The PSIC-01 Tesla is an attempt to do for ion weapons what the ‘Serap’, ‘Blazer’, ‘Bluebolt’, and ‘Taskin’ did for plasma, laser, particle beam, and projectile weaponry respectively...provide infantry with a hard-hitting man-portable field-cannon. The Tesla brings to a heavier format the many ion weaponry augments that re-made the ‘Smasher’ into one of PS’s most popular energy weapons, allowing troopers such fire options as burst-spray, ion bolt, and an armor-melting ‘lightning strike’. The weapon can also be set to create a short range ‘shock zone’ shot for close-defense, and can be set in ‘sentry mode’, automatically zapping anything that enters the shock zone.
Weight: 28 lbs
Range:(Ion Bolt) 1,900 ft
(Lightning Blast) 2,500 ft
(Shock Zone) 200 ft, and affects a 55-ft wide area
Damage: (Ion Bolt) 5d6 MD single shot, 2d4x10 MD five-shot burst
(Lightning Blast) 1d6x10 MD
(Shock Zone) 3d6 MD per melee caught in the zone of effect
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload:(Ion Bolt/Burst Shot) 10 shots standard e-clip, 20 shots long e-clip, 55 shots e-canister
(Lightning Blast) Each blast takes 2 shots
(Shock Zone) The shock zone uses up 1 shot per minute of operation
Special Features:
*Tripod Mount
*Sighting Laser---+1 to strike in single-shot mode
*Motion Detector---Activated in Shock Zone Mode, range of 200 ft
Cost: 28,000 credits

Paladin Steel PSIC-02 Infantry Ion Cannon
(aka ‘Saint Elmo Cannon’, ‘Spark Cannon’, ‘Sparkler’)

“Once had the opportunity to fire one of these into an urban lot filled with angry Chromer gangers....You shoulda’ seen the fireworks!! Those ‘borged boys musta felt the metal had betrayed them seeing as that’s what drew the most fire!”

This weapon is a scaled up PSIP-15 Arc Pistol, and looks like an infantry-portable brass gatling gun. It’s meant for deployment aboard vehicles, or by cyborgs and other enhanced strength operators. It offers better damage and range than the smaller pistol, but eats energy at a faster rate.
Weight: 18 lbs
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per bolt to primary target.
Furthermore, a secondary bolt will jump to 1d6 targets in the vicinity of the main target, starting with the nearest target(or the nearest metallic target) as long as they are within 6 ft(10 ft for metal targets) of the initial target/point of impact, then jumping to the next one until the ball lightning disipates. Secondary targets can attempt to dodge the energy ball as standard.
Secondary targets will take HALF damage(4d6 MD).
Does only 1/4 of the original damage if the secondary targets are non-metallic or grounded
Organic targets roll for Stun; save at 16 or better or be -8 to strike, dodge, parry, roll, and initiative, reduce APMs and Spd by HALF, for 2d4 melee rds. A successful save means lose only initiative and 1 APM for 1 melee round.
50% chance of knocking out unshielded electronics(or 1d4 subsystems like radio, electronic image amplification, cybernetic sensory implant, or the like) for 1d4 melees.
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 6 shots standard E-clip, 10 shot long e-clip, 50 shot e-canister
Bonuses: +2 to strike metallic targets
Special Features:
*Shoulder Sling
Cost: 27,000 credits
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice weapons. We here at the Federated States are going to want to procure some and probably some manufacturing for a set number of these per year.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:

Thank you. Am reading now.
*PS M2740 ‘Scootie”(aka ‘Scoobie”, “Scoot”, “Buckboard”)

Have you been reading my notepads, that is real close to my Founder's Muletary and the basis for their T-Model GetARound series. I just need to write faster and EditPad text quicker. It will as work as the chassis for this pickup a couple of items based for the pickup concept.

does the PS HEMTT02 come with a pickup body?

You do what ever you darn well want with the HEMTT..it's your basic big honging rig truck...
As for the Buckboard? I based it on the M274 'Mule' and a number of other 'minimalist' military vehicles, including a German design for a folding frame paratrooper jeep, the Faun Kraka 640...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

I really like the new Ion Cannon. It's pretty awesome.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Bad double posting. :badbad:
2nd one right. :angel:
Last edited by abtex on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:You do what ever you darn well want with the HEMTT..it's your basic big honging rig truck...

Ok Honk. Honk.
abtex wrote:Have you been reading my notepads,

taalismn wrote:As for the Buckboard? I based it on the M274 'Mule' and a number of other 'minimalist' military vehicles, including a German design for a folding frame paratrooper jeep, the Faun Kraka 640...

Seen a 'Mule' once, been a long time ago. Cute and simple thing.
Still think that you are reading over my shoulder, sometimes.

Did not mean to make you mad if I did.
I can think but not write very well or maybe quickly. I think to much about what I am working on.
Yes I am working on an Ad or five...just not sure which one to start with....then you can post me down.

I like you Ion cannons as well.

taalismn
Priest

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I really like the new Ion Cannon. It's pretty awesome.

Thanks...I originally thought of it as a cyborg weapon...
Now I have thoughts of a standardized cyborg chassis built around electrical weapons....lots of extra generating capacity, thick insulated legs, electrified contacts all over the body, 'live wire' extendable blades, ion weapons in the forearms, and two big Tesla Cannons or Saint Elmos in the shoulders... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
chosenrifter
Wanderer

Unread post by chosenrifter »

Hey Guys I been reading some of the post lol havent been to this post yet and love the Paladin Stell Storefront stuff does anyone have this stuff all saved and maybe can send it to chosenrifter@hotmail.com?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

I technically do, but I don't know if I'll get around to giving it to you before anyone else. besides, I had some real problems getting the latest edition of the Net OCC/RCC book out to Crazy Lou, still don't know if he got it, and I tried like 5 different ways to send it. You also shouldn't post personal information in a public forum online. Bad things can happen. I'm really lazy, but I figure if that address is up and I have nothing better to do, i'll compile all the Paladin Steel articles I have and send them to you. Be advised, they are all in Textedit and not all Items are listed in the name field, because my photographic memory makes it so I dont have to do that kind of thing. As such, you will actually have to read every piece of equip, or vehicle, posted over the past 29 pages anyway.

EDIT

When I say nothing better to do, I mean pretty much always. Oh and it'll be a big file.

taalismn
Priest

Yeah, he's right about BIG...I have several working files of material that are over 1.5 mb in size...I reallyhave to burn them to Discs to keep constant copies in case I get wiped out...
And if Ziggurat things he's lazy, I've got him beat a dozen ways...even WITH interest in my stuff, I haven't set up a single big file or website due to my apathy...

Think of Paladin Steel has a high tech flea market in post-Apocalyptic Earth(and specifically New England)...Good stuff, cheap, but a little disorganized...But if you're willing to do some digging, we hope your patience and diligence will be rewarded by the discovery of a treasure you need...or, maybe a treasure you didn't know you needed!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Aw hell, I figure I'll do it right now, I don't wanna be that lazy...

EDIT

Turns out, I cant send it. whoops.

Return to “Rifts®”