Minmax: Most attacks in a single round?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

First up: Palladium has NO merit system whatsoever. So whatever you found was not offical.

now, for more attacks per melee...

Start with an Octoman. That gives you racially 8 attacks per melee before anything else.

now, give them hand to hand assassin for another 8.

Now make them a Battle Magus OCC. That gives them 5 extra attacks.

Now give them boxing.

total 22.

Now cast Magical Adeniline Rush, for an extra 2 per melee. 24.

Now cast Fleet Feet, doubling attacks per melee. 48.

Now, for equipment. Give them battle furry blades in each of 8 tenticles. that lets you get in 2 attacks for every 1.

Now give them Paired weapons 8 times, to let them attack eight times per melee attack

There ya go. 768 attacks per melee, book legal.
Last edited by Nekira Sudacne on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Gradea wrote::eek: ... Would you mind if I began worshiping you Nekira? Just a little bit?

Check my title. They don't call me the Muchkin Fairy on these here boards for nuttin' :D :)

By the way, can you post what books those are all in? I want to supprise my GM... :demon:

Yes. Off the top of my head (sinse I did it all from memory I didn't check page numbers):

Octoman: Splynn Dimensional Market

HtH: Assassin: Rifts Ultimate Edition

Battle Magus OCC: Federation of magic

Boxing: Rifts Ultimate Edition Physical Skill.

Magical Adrenline Rush: Book of Magic and Federation of Magic (Unrevised, the revised cut the new spells, which were reprinted in teh book of magic, in favor for expanded information on the federation itself). it ALSO has the side effect of giving you SN PS and take 3x damage, in addition to a number of immunities.

Fleet Feet you can find in Palladium Fantasy, however, if you go to palladium main offical website on teh Cutting Room Floor, you'll find that palladium accidentally left it out of Rifts and put it there as offical material FOR rifts.

Battle Fury Blades are equipment in the Federation of Magic. they let you attack 2 times for every 1 melee attack, do a crapload of damage, and some other nifty powers to boot.

Now Paired Weapons you will find in Rifts Ultimate Edition. They also let you attack twice for every melee attack. sinse your already attacking twice for every melee attack, that nets to 4 attacks per melee attack.

Though when you added fury blades, their number of attacks increased by x16, not x2, which would equal 96.

ah yes, my bad. However there is also the 5th level spell Lifeblast which when cast on yoruself will give you an extra attack per melee. So that's 100 attacks per melee from me :)
Last edited by Nekira Sudacne on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mr. Wongburger wrote:Since when did assassin ever say "+8 attacks per melee"? It's +3 in the books, correct? Plus you get the 2 for just being alive, so that's 5, not 8.

Ahem. 1. No more 2 attacks for living. IN fact there never WAS 2 attacks for living, but that's beside the point. Rifts Ultimate Edition and Rifts GMG change it so that Hth assassin simply gives a total of 3 attacks at first level and no attacks for anything free. It's assumed that the character in question is 15th level, not 1st.

As for everything else Nekira just listed, she's just given one of the best examples ever of why this system DESPERATELY needs to be revised.

Whats wrong with attack multipliers?

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mr. Wongburger wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Whats wrong with attack multipliers?

You give a demonstration on how to attain over 500 attacks in 15 seconds and then ask what's wrong with it? Well, of course you would see nothing wrong with it but it is one of many problems this system suffers from.

Hrm...

*taps Mr. Wongburger's sarcasem meter*

Yep. Definatly broken :P:D :)

Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:First up: Palladium has NO merit system whatsoever. So whatever you found was not offical.

Start with an Octoman. That gives you racially 8 attacks per melee before anything else.

Now give them boxing.

total 22.

Now, for equipment. Give them battle furry blades in each of 8 tenticles. that lets you get in 2 attacks for every 1.

Now give them Paired weapons 8 times, to let them attack two times per melee attack

Is there a book which states that you can do that?
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Level 15 Talus Biofreak (without class factored in)

+4 from tail attacks (not affected by battle fury blade)
+5 from Sonic Speed
+12 from NCA
+1 from Extraordinary PP
+1 from Radar
+1 from boxing
+2 power armor combat elite
26 so far

+1 gauntlets of quick hands
+2 from magical adrenal rush
x2 for fleet feet
58 now

X2 for battle fury blade
116 attacks.

Did I forget to mention he has multiple selves?
X15
Total of 1740 attacks per melee

Of course, he needs 15 suits of power armor, gauntlets of quick hands, and battle fury blades.

This is something I posted in another thread a while ago. My interpretation of how the Talus and Bio-freak RCCs stack might be a little questionable, but I blame palladium for being ambiguous and creating NPCs that support my interpretation! :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mindcrime wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:First up: Palladium has NO merit system whatsoever. So whatever you found was not offical.

Now give them boxing.

total 22.

Now give them Paired weapons 8 times, to let them attack two times per melee attack

Is there a book which states that you can do that?

Yes, I beleive Land of the Damned for Palladium Fantasy but i'm not sure. It had a multi-armed race where the rule orgionated.

Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

Mindcrime wrote:

+5 from Sonic Speed
+12 from NCA
+1 from Extraordinary PP
+1 from Radar
+1 from boxing
26 so far

x2 for fleet feet
58 now

X2 for battle fury blade
116 attacks.

X15

Of course, he needs 15 suits of power armor, gauntlets of quick hands, and battle fury blades.

This is something I posted in another thread a while ago. My interpretation of how the Talus and Bio-freak RCCs stack might be a little questionable, but I blame palladium for being ambiguous and creating NPCs that support my interpretation! :D

To this I would add the Tentacles superpower. 1 extra attack per pair of tentacles. And you get 1 pair per level so at 15th level you have fifteen pairs with 15 extra attacks. 900 more attacks! for a total of 2640 attacks per melee round or 176 attacks per second!! beat that Flash you dc poser!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mindcrime wrote:

+5 from Sonic Speed
+12 from NCA
+1 from Extraordinary PP
+1 from Radar
+1 from boxing
26 so far

x2 for fleet feet
58 now

X2 for battle fury blade
116 attacks.

X15

Good try, but no. Multiple selves creatures entirely new beings. So you'd just have 15 different people with 116 attacks per melee.

Still, you beat me. of course, I was TRYING to keep away from super powers. Now I have to beat you :P

Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:

+5 from Sonic Speed
+12 from NCA
+1 from Extraordinary PP
+1 from Radar
+1 from boxing
26 so far

x2 for fleet feet
58 now

X2 for battle fury blade
116 attacks.

X15

Good try, but no. Multiple selves creatures entirely new beings. So you'd just have 15 different people with 116 attacks per melee.

Still, you beat me. of course, I was TRYING to keep away from super powers. Now I have to beat you :P

I already did :-P !76 attacks per duplicate per melee round!
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Mr. Pook wrote:15th Level Zebuliod Mind Melter
+14 Racial
+3 Fourth Dimensional Transformation
+1 Time Warp: Slow Motion
+2 Magical Adrenal Rush
+2 Fighting Spirit (spell from Mercenary Adventures)

=22

58 tentacles = 29 sets of paired weapons. So 22x2=44 x29=1276
x2 for battle fury blades= 2552
x2 for fleet feet= 5104 Using only one brain compartment.

Now we have 3 more brain compartments for psionic attacks. Psionic attacks= HtH attacks, so we will use the initial 22, x2 for Fleet Feet, means 44 psionic attacks each round.

44 x3 compartments= 132 psionic attacks each round.

132+5104 = 5236 attacks each round.

But...but...thats just...<faints> THUMP!!

ADDED:
How is a MM casting spells? If someone else is casting them, it doesnt count...but still:
I think I'd save a brain compartment for some serious s**t talking...

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

I can't beat the max number in a round but i can get more attacks in on action..
ALRIGHT for those of you who have not seen this a Jeradu is a sixed arm
elf....O.C.C. : Sports man (selecting martial arts and and select Mui Thai kick boxing) NOW by My calculations I have 12 attacks per round normally at 15 level. now add
six blades I have 66 ( no . its not a typo) attacks per round. NOW make those blades battle furry blades (they have to be in a knife style for the Jeradu and yes battle furry blades can be knives.)and I have ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO ATTACKS (yes thats 132) IN ONE MELEE ROUND ( I 'm not done yet) USE LIGHTING FORM AND DO ALL THOSE ATTACKS IN ONE ACTION!! ta da! not bad for not having the book in front of me...
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:There ya go. 768 attacks per melee, book legal.

Nek ........ you scare me. And that exended action chart I made you only goes up to 30 attacks per melee. If you think I'm going to take the month it would take to make an 800-action chart, you've got another thing comin'. ;) :P :clown:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
rc_brooks
Explorer

Unread post by rc_brooks »

Instead of trying to mandate behaviour, perhaps GMs could very simply not allow it. The system works beautfully to allow for all types of game play. Trying to make rules to prevent munchkining in a game system that is about freedom of imagination would ruin the attraction to this game. A little common sense by the organizer of events goes a long way. I have yet to play a game where I get to come to the table without having a character the GM has allowed, or run a game where people are allowed to come to the table without me first approving their characters and examining their back-stories.

The purpose of this thread is minmaxing. Its fun to see how far rules can stretch. In an actual game, most GMs would not allow much of that to happen. These examples are without any fashion of RP or game play. Just relax and have a laugh :)

Alejandro wrote:
Mr. Pook wrote:It logically couldn't, but logically boxing wouldn't either, and that isn't the point of this game. Canon says one psionic attack=one melee attack. But if you must, go ahead and subtract 61 of the psionic attacks. That is still 5175 attacks.

Sorry Pook, you mistook what I meant. I neglected to put a smiley in there to indicate it was a joke. The statement was more a rhetorical demand to illustrate how obscenely busted the system is. A boxer may react a lot faster than a non-trained person but that's got nothing to do with the training you'd go through to lift boxes with your brain. Same thing with the Fleet Feet spell. Just craziness.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Nekkie, are you by any chance single?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Wanted her to have your 756 attacks/melee round children? :P :lol:

"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Doubling doubles is insane. if a character has 22 attacks, then you cast a multiplier then another, i say the character has 66, not 88. You double the base attacks, not the modified attacks.

This logic should be extended to multipule crit strikes too. If you strike from behind and roll a 20, you should only deal X3 damage.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Kagashi wrote:
This logic should be extended to multipule crit strikes too. If you strike from behind and roll a 20, you should only deal X3 damage.

Thats cannon in N&SS.

Has anyone thought about a palladium fantasy assassin brought to rifts? They get extra attacks as they level to stack on the battle furybladed tenacles.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Valaraukar wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:.
Now, that means that for 205 or 225 PPE(depending on whether or not Fleet Feet is allowed), the Octoman doing an average of 42 MDC per strike (1d6x10 + 2d6 supernatural PS damage) could be inflicting up to 75000 or 150000 MDC respectively, in a span of about 3 minutes. This, however, assumes it is attacking a single stationary target or its enemies foolishly keep clearing away their own dead and facing off against it continuously, as the octoman is not moving at all, merely attacking without pause. Similarly, it assumes the octoman is not, itself, slain while making itself a remarkable target by drawing so much attention to itself yet not taking any defensive actions.

Note2- OK, attention span check... by show of hands, how many actually made it all the way to the bottom? No cheating mind you, skimming it or skipping ahead doesn't count!

Note 2 I made it
First block, the average would be 35, by RUE you take the weapons damage or your str, which ever is greater. They are not added together.
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Valaraukar wrote:Octoman RCC: +2 APM
Then we account for professional training...
Battle Magus OCC (15 levels): +4 APM
Then we add the skill training...

That is an illegal character. Battle Magi have to be SDC creatures.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

(}{@0& wrote:i think with over 1000 attacks per melee, the effects of relativity on weapons/limbs would come into play.

":( My 1000 attack char was mindcontrolled before I could attack on initiave count of 457. My Blades of Fury were transmogrified into Twizzlers of Jubilation.....and Fury.
I was ordered to do the hokey pokey at full speed
and created a black hole."

actually, it only nets out to your arms doing 80 MPH mathmatically. hardly sufficent for relativity to have a mesurable effect.

Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
(}{@0& wrote:i think with over 1000 attacks per melee, the effects of relativity on weapons/limbs would come into play.

":( My 1000 attack char was mindcontrolled before I could attack on initiave count of 457. My Blades of Fury were transmogrified into Twizzlers of Jubilation.....and Fury.
I was ordered to do the hokey pokey at full speed
and created a black hole."

actually, it only nets out to your arms doing 80 MPH mathmatically. hardly sufficent for relativity to have a mesurable effect.

Oh wow, she did the math. That's amazing...
So in your origional post Nekira, did you pick Battle Magus becasue of the extra attacks you get from OCC abilities, or cause he could cast a crap load of spells per melee with all those attacks?

carriath
D-Bee

Re: Minmax: Most attacks in a single round?

Unread post by carriath »

I'm curious about a reset of this... As I understand the Attacks Per Melee, your Assassin Hand to Hand applies to "Hand to Hand" and Robot Elite applies to "Robot combat" They don't add together. However, R.C.C. attacks would be the base to which the Hand to Hand and Robot skills add... so, R.C.C. plus Melee, or plus Ranged, or Plus vehicle would be a valid combination.

So, could I get a redo of this, but treating each category as different?

Min/Max Ranged
Min/Max Melee
Min/Max Piloting vehicle/Robot?
------

To the G.M.
"Wait, even 1 point of M.D.C. will absorb the full effect of a GB Boom Gun? I have the Armor smith print me ten 1 M.D.C. shirts and I wear them layered with t-shirts over my armor."
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

carriath wrote:I'm curious about a reset of this... As I understand the Attacks Per Melee, your Assassin Hand to Hand applies to "Hand to Hand" and Robot Elite applies to "Robot combat" They don't add together.

they do in fact add together.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Locked for thread necromancy.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”