Godling

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

At one point I thought about doing a Rifter submission on expanded Godling powers. Even before some of the newer stuff came out, I thought the Godlings (not demi-gods) were a bit "under-powered".
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

6armdemon wrote:At one point I thought about doing a Rifter submission on expanded Godling powers. Even before some of the newer stuff came out, I thought the Godlings (not demi-gods) were a bit "under-powered".

Don't know about under-powered, I don't usually let people play those or Cosm-Knights in my campaigns, the demi-gods and fallen cosmos are fine...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

6armdemon wrote:At one point I thought about doing a Rifter submission on expanded Godling powers. Even before some of the newer stuff came out, I thought the Godlings (not demi-gods) were a bit "under-powered".

Speaking for myself I don't see them as underpowered but more limited in range of powers specially with all the newer stuff that has come since the Pantheons book came out.
I would like to see a revised version of the godling like you mentioned and if you decided to write one up for the rifter then I would enjoy it immensely. :ok:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Well if someone does do it then just remember that diversity can be a good thing and good luck! :)
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Well, since power #10 gives the option of the "optional" OCC of Necromancer, I see (personally) no problem with allowing a godling (or demigod taking #10) the powers/abilities of a Temporal Mage, Phase Mystic, Bio-Mage (from SA), one of the African spell casters, or even one of the Rifter optional classes.

However, if your player ever hands you a godling without the slightest hint of magic and tells you that he managed to survive nine medatative days pinned to the world tree with a rune/magical weapon...shoot him, then burn him, then crush the ashes into a powder, and throw them out. Once you've done that, explain to the player why you expressed such dissatisfaction with his UBERmage/godling! :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :badbad: :nh: :ugh:
Last edited by Borast on Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

gadrin wrote:I'd be loathe to give a Godling the powers of a Phase Mystic, unless they actually became one (took the OCC) since those are only known to the Prometheans.

Really? I thought only P's could become Phase Adepts, but the mystic was open to anyone...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

precisely... but the phase mystic must STILL learn from the Prometheans
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Rifts®”