Paintball Weapons & Vampires

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Lazarus Vespers wrote:Not really that effective but I LOVE the use of a modified Napalm-P that fires fizzy water, because of the bubbles, its always moving, the GM I play under (when I do not GM) ruled it did 2d4x10 to vamps per single shot and a concentrated shot (2 actions, 2 shots) did 4d6x10. What gets better is that it carries like 500 shots.

My ruling on that particular weapon... carbonated water isn't "natural water", and does approximately as much damage to a vamp as a Diet Coke.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Beanie wrote:
Lazarus Vespers wrote:the thing is that carbonated water is still H2O so therefore, it is still applicable to damage Vamps.

I concur, water is water. It is still in its natural form, ie not forzen or as mist or vapor, so it should still harm them. Of course it is up to the individual GM.

I also agree, but doubt a paint-ball would be effective... tho a slew of them might, like the paint-ball mini-gun a friend of mine built... sadly it jams betimes...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Beanie wrote:
Lazarus Vespers wrote:the thing is that carbonated water is still H2O so therefore, it is still applicable to damage Vamps.

I concur, water is water. It is still in its natural form, ie not forzen or as mist or vapor, so it should still harm them. Of course it is up to the individual GM.

Oh, I recognize that. I was just giving the first reason that I could think of to disallow this uber-weapon that did 4D6x10 damage for no real justifiable reason. I mean... dude... that's crazy.

Just because it's carbonated and still "moving", doesn't mean it should cause more damage. If you hit a vamp with a water balloon it continues to drip and roll down its skin, but it doesn't do additional damage. Why should this weapon, with the relatively small amount of water it shoots (compared to, say... the water cannon or any of the larger TW water weapons) be the end-all be-all of vampire fighting?
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Paint-gun with balls of water instead of paint.

My game: Only if it's holy water, and then 1D6 per "pellet"

The Rules: Yes...and likely about as much as 1D4-1D6 depending on the size of the pellet.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Rifts®”