Cyber-Hacking 101

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

roll skill for each layer of protection they run into. AI machines can save vs. telemechanics. self aware ones get bonuses.

*looks around*

what, you thought this was a hard question?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

If you're looking for some idea of different things people can do while hacking, check out Rifts Australia. There's an OCC in there that is a hacker and there is a fair list of skill rolls....

That what you're looking for??
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Telemechanics is useful for getting info from "unsecured" systems, but IMHO, doesn't seem to useful for hacking systems with any real system protection. Any sort of file encryption means the person simply ends up knowing a bunch of scrambled gibberish when it comes to anything other than the computer's OS or the system specs. (This holds true if the encryption key is stored somewhere else).

The AUGG for HU2 has rules/details for Cyberjacking, and they seem fairly well done.

But I think the best I can think of would be something from some other game system where cyberjacking has a lot more options/variety/potential, or is otherwise much more common.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.

Return to “Rifts®”