Psionic powered Giant Robots

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rabidredneck
D-Bee

Psionic powered Giant Robots

Unread post by Rabidredneck »

I was watching an old anime video called Dangaio, and got to thinking about giant robots that could utilize their pilot's psychic abilities.

Some Ideas include:

1. Hyper-Telekinetic Crush! Using the pilot's Super-Telekinesis power, the target is hit with an all-encompassing crush attack that does 1d6*10 to all sections (head, arms, legs, etc)

2. Super Psychic Sword! Pilot needs to have the Psi-Sword power, the robot creates a giant psi-sword that does 3d6*10 damage

3. Hyper-Plasma Blast! With the pilot's Pyrokinesis ability, a blast of plasma is launched at the target.

Maybe some play-balance rules could be the robot must be synchronised to a particular pilot, and the pilot must have the relevant psychic powers to activate the robot's abilities. These are just some general ideas, what do you all think?
That which does not kill me...is DEAD when I'm through with it!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

It would have to be very advanced tech, either alien or made by something similar. Archie made a power armor that utilised Hagan's telemechanics, but the Noro race from Phase World have the most advanced psi-tech so I think they would be the best to make this sort of bot.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

For a homebrew campaign idea, I made up a device called the Psionic Control Vector (PCV) system which could be used to pilot a number of different vehicles, depeding on how the control interface was set up. The requirements were that the pilot be a minor or major psychic only. Master psychics were too powerful and burn out the devices. Strike, parry, and dodge bonuses, where applicable, were determined by M.E., but based off the P.P. chart.

Piloting P.C.V. vehicles required that the pilot learn both the standard method as well as a separate skill for the P.C.V. method specific to that vehicle.

Because of the type of setting I was working on, the vehicles and mecha involved were straightforward technological devices. The P.C.V. system just enhanced their perfomance in terms of handling and fire control.
Rabidredneck
D-Bee

Unread post by Rabidredneck »

I've got every Dancougar tape except the last one. It was never released, and you had to order it directly from the company. Torqued me off to no end.
That which does not kill me...is DEAD when I'm through with it!

Return to “Rifts®”