Traversing our modern world.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I think it's a wonderful idea. it would give him a chance to give us LOTS of flavor text and world story/background and details, WITHOUT any new weapons/armor/tech/spells/psionics that up the bar on the power creep.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

The Nightbane Hobbes wrote:Sorry but I can't stand Erin Tard.. She is far too goodie goodie and all that peace love and flower power junk that she spews forth in her writing makes me wanna puke.

I honestly don't get why people like the character.. She is almost totally unrealistic.

sadly, she's entirely too realistic. I agree in that I don't really like erin tarn, however, I would like to see the book simply for the information, regardless of what spin is put on it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I'd probably get the book, I'm that big of a Rifts fan... and I do think they need to get a real documentry writer of some type to do it. Familiarize the person with everything and let them go lol....
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Meyer13

Unread post by Meyer13 »

i would personally love to read Traversing Our Modern World if it were to come out. Yes Tarn is a bit "too" realistic but in my opinion that makes it all the more interesting. I would also like to see KS write "Mankinds Rise from Chaos" also by Tarn
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

The Nightbane Hobbes wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
sadly, she's entirely too realistic. I agree in that I don't really like erin tarn, however, I would like to see the book simply for the information, regardless of what spin is put on it.

How do you figure she is realistic? The world goes to hell and she is the one sitting with her cyber knight singing "Give peace a chance.."

The whole FREAKIN world is practically bent on beating the tar out of each other for one reason or another and she is saying we need to be nice and not judge them for being different..

OK lets look at the Gargoyles and Triax. Educated people who have heard of Erin. (Although they think she looks like Laura Croft :D )

You don't see them giving peace a chance with the Gargoyles do ya? HELL NO!! They shoot first and send them back to the hell they came from.. Erin is the sort that would try to cut a deal with them and think that the demons or devils would actually keep up their half of it..

All in all a few nice dragons like Plato are more likely the exception and not the rule in Rifts Earth.

There will ALWAYS be those few individuals who can hold on to their principals no matter what happens. true they are few, but they are out there, and will always be so long as humanity exsits.

to bad her prinicplas are messed up :D

Meyer13

Unread post by Meyer13 »

Even though she travels w/ a Cyber Knight and would rather talk things through, she is not ignorant to the fact that the world has changed and some battles need to be fought. Otherwise she would roam the world by herself and you would never have heard from her because she was eatin or killed or something. She is a realist. And she is also an optimistic, who would like to believe that we can all live in peace with one another and settle disputes without blood shed. Sadly she is wrong, but kudos to her for trying.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Phalanx wrote:Hobbes, I think you're way overexaggerating her peacenik tendencies. She doesn't make deals with evil, bloodthirsty demons.

..I agree, and he's also overexagerating the violence of the world. Kevin admitted himself, it's not a poste-apocolyptic setting, it's a poste-poste-apocolyptic setting. You want Apocolypse, play Chaos Earth.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Dragon Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Dragon Mage »

If they do, include a colour maps fo the different area too!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The Nightbane Hobbes wrote:Sorry but I can't stand Erin Tard.. She is far too goodie goodie and all that peace love and flower power junk that she spews forth in her writing makes me wanna puke.

I honestly don't get why people like the character.. She is almost totally unrealistic.

Um...ever hear about Mother Teresa? (One step from being sainted.)

How about Princess Diana? :D

There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people just like her in the real world. If you ever have one fall into your life...count yourself as blessed...if you're extremely lucky, they'll be in your life for a long time, if not, they'll simply touch you and be gone after a short while.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Me personally i'd like to see the transversing our modern world book come out. I like Erin Tarn. I am glad the game has a different perspective to look from. If we only had the perspective of the CS there would be a lot more black and white and less grey areas in Rifts. with her perspective added u now get the other side of the arguement. So by reading them both and the occasional truths writen by the authors from no ones perspective u get a closer vision of the truth in rifts or at least a bigger grey area, like how life truely is. If there was no Tarn and others like her the game would be if u wanna be good be human and destroy the evil monsters. Of course i guess for some of the players that is how they play anyway. Also nightbane what is wrong with being an idealist? Why is wanting peace so wrong? And also I believe that there would Idealists in any circumstances. whether or not they voice their opinions is not important. Well the possible exception to Idealists ne where is during a time so hectic there is no time to think, that is use your larger brain for more than just survival. And also you can be an idealist and still be a fighter. many of our troops that ive talked to are idealists in the fact they wish there only peace and happiness but that doesn't stop them from doing their duty as a combat soldier. Whoops I went off on a rant didn't I? Sorry.
Last edited by Larsen on Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

jeff just to help your arguement one of the such times she says something along those lines is in Rifts world books 13 Lone star pg 11 the paragraph on the right hand side that starts with my dear friends. :-D
GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

I'd get not so much for the info and stories but becuse I'm a collector, at first it was get this book or that cause it had somthing cool. Inow plan on getting every book made to complte the universal connection (Eyes slightly bulge with power inside head :shock: )

Where was she when Tolkeen was being blown to bits by the CS?

Sitting on her butt in Lazlo pointing out what great virtues she and the members of the Council of Learing had. Did they ever lift a finger to help out Creed and the people of Tolkeen?

not that I want to argue, cause it doesn't matterbut she did talk to creed and asked if not begged creed to stop the war or at least save every person he could before they were annihalated.

My two cents.
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei

Return to “Rifts®”