Sea Titans and Psionics

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Sea Titans and Psionics

Unread post by Preacher »

Ok Pg. 114 Rifts Underseas. 98-00% the Sea Titan is a rare "Master Psionic." I would like opinions on what you think should be done for skills and what not and how you assign the Master Psionic RCC abilities?

This is how we did it for an upcoming character in our group. I rolled up a Sea Titan and used all his skills and character traits then simply added the Powers and ISP of a Mind Melter.

Now I figure it could be argued I should have reversed this and rolled up the Mind Melter RCC and then added the Sea Titan MDC, PS and other abilities but I didn't. Here is why, I figure that since the MDC and Not needing to eat, breath or drink kicks in around the age of nineteen the that might be when the PSI powers kick in as well. I know regular Masters usually have them at an early age but since all the extraordnary powers of a Sea Titan kick in then then so should the Psi's in my opinion.
By the time their powers kick in they could be a couple of years into standard Sea Titan training if they started at seventeen.
I was just looking for a little feedback?

Oh and I also thought of going the route of a Demigod like Master Psionic from the Pantheons book instead of the RCC route. The one where they get all Lesser Psi Powers and Five Supers only?!?!?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Sea Titans and Psionics

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Preacher wrote:Ok Pg. 114 Rifts Underseas. 98-00% the Sea Titan is a rare "Master Psionic." I would like opinions on what you think should be done for skills and what not and how you assign the Master Psionic RCC abilities?

This is how we did it for an upcoming character in our group. I rolled up a Sea Titan and used all his skills and character traits then simply added the Powers and ISP of a Mind Melter.

Now I figure it could be argued I should have reversed this and rolled up the Mind Melter RCC and then added the Sea Titan MDC, PS and other abilities but I didn't. Here is why, I figure that since the MDC and Not needing to eat, breath or drink kicks in around the age of nineteen the that might be when the PSI powers kick in as well. I know regular Masters usually have them at an early age but since all the extraordnary powers of a Sea Titan kick in then then so should the Psi's in my opinion.
By the time their powers kick in they could be a couple of years into standard Sea Titan training if they started at seventeen.
I was just looking for a little feedback?

Oh and I also thought of going the route of a Demigod like Master Psionic from the Pantheons book instead of the RCC route. The one where they get all Lesser Psi Powers and Five Supers only?!?!?

all it means is you pick a one of the master psychic classes to have. it CAN be mind melter, or a burster, or zapper, or even a nega psychic or psi-nullifier.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

I think it would be a GM's call ultimately. There is no canon text to support the belief of the Sea Titan does or does not get his psionics when the rest of his powers kick in.

Myself as a GM I would say the psi powers kick in at the same time as his other powers do. The reason I tend to go this way is the following line, Remember, these abilities andsupernatural physical attributes do not appear until some point in thecharacter's teens (13+1D6). from page 114 Rifts Underseas.

Now I know this is the sea titan powers only but to me it seems to want them without powers until their late teens but as I said ultimately it would be the GM's interpretation and how he/she wants it to be as there is no canon either way.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Sea Titans and Psionics

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Preacher wrote:Oh and I also thought of going the route of a Demigod like Master Psionic from the Pantheons book instead of the RCC route. The one where they get all Lesser Psi Powers and Five Supers only?!?!?

stopping to think about it, that's a master without a doubt. having ALL lesser psys is incredably powerfull all by itself when used right.

and for 5 supers.

hynotic suggestion
empathetic transmission
Bio Manipulation.
TK force Feild
and either psi-sword or mind bolt. your call.

that would still be increadbly dangorus used intellegently.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I would go the route of the Super-Spy's psi option, or perhaps the Native American Mystic Warrior psi-powers (minus the spear and tomahawk).
plata_knight
Wanderer
Comment: Extraordinary things are accomplished by ordinary people.

Unread post by plata_knight »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:I would go the route of the Super-Spy's psi option, or perhaps the Native American Mystic Warrior psi-powers (minus the spear and tomahawk).

I agree with dustin. If he's still taking the skill set of the Sea Titan, just give him the same setup as the Super Spy, three from each and one from super, and one more per level. It's easy, and you can just follow the rules like he was a Major Psionic for skills and such. I'd give him something like 1d6x10+ME ISP plus ten per level or some such.

If he was going to develope the same as a Mind Melter, that would be different, but they almost always are trained from birth by the New Navy, so it would be uncommon for that to occur.
Extraordinary things are accomplished by ordinary people.

Return to “Rifts®”