Hatchling dragons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Dragons and Gods has the stats and improvements. But maybe Rifts Dragons and Gods will also have them included.

But P.P.E. increase (around 10 points), I.S.P. and M.D.C. not.
S.D.C. do go up, but not hit points.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
The Plague
D-Bee

Unread post by The Plague »

D&G has rules for additional PPE/ISP/HP/SDC/MDC per level I think.
The Plague
- Professional Palladium Fantasy Board lurker -
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Hatchling dragons

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Shadow wrote:Do they increase in P.P.E., I.S.P., or MDC as they go up in level? If so how much? I know the main book doesn't state that they do but I am curious if that is a typo or just did not get thought of at the time. Most of the supernatural monsters, or magic users and psychics increase in power as they level up.

No. Instead, all their stats spike with the onset of adulthood.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I think they consider hatchling dragons to be powerful enough as is... what I do as a gm is allow the player to "max" the hatchling's stats over time, so it will eventually have the max mdc, ppe, and isp allowed for its hatchling type. I sometimes allow them to raise the mental and physical attributes of characters, dragon or nae, to show improvement in the most-used areas {so if you have an initial iq of 12, it may over time reach 17 if you do alot of problem-solving and learn higher-ed type skills like archaeology}. I've been running thusly for years, and i haven't had any complaints yet.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Fyrpower
Explorer

Re: Hatchling dragons

Unread post by Fyrpower »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Shadow wrote:Do they increase in P.P.E., I.S.P., or MDC as they go up in level? If so how much? I know the main book doesn't state that they do but I am curious if that is a typo or just did not get thought of at the time. Most of the supernatural monsters, or magic users and psychics increase in power as they level up.

No. Instead, all their stats spike with the onset of adulthood.

I hate to correct you slightly but there are certain dragon hatchlings that do have their P.P.E. (and possibly their I.S.P.) increase per level of experience. Off the top of my head I can't remember, as I am in work but they can be found in Dragons and Gods.
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This was specifically a Rifts question, but yes, several of the dragon hatchlings in PF: Dragons & Gods increase their SDC and PPE at every level of experience.

SDC: Basilisk, Chiang-Ku, Cockatrice, Fire Dragon, Great Horned Dragon, Hydra, Ice Dragon, Kukulcan, Lo-Dox Dragon, Nightstalker Dragon, Serpent of the Wind, Thunder Lizard, Ultucan, Wooly Dragon.

PPE: Fire Dragon, Great Horned Dragon, Hydra, Ice Dragon, Kukulcan, Lo-Dox Dragon.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Rifts®”