Thank you all for the redirection.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Unless its changed standard submissions (Not Rifter) can't be posted online before submission. I don't think they are taking submissions though for novels at this time.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Levi
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Wendigo, you do not want to submit the entire novel. I can almost guarantee it will not get published if you do. Currently the staff does not have the time to review novels from unknown writers. More than likely, your submission will sit in a pile for a long time and never get published. If you really want any chance, send it in as Rift material chapter by chapter.

Also, you should find an editor privately and not post any material anymore. Because of upcoming licenses, publicly sharing ideas that you intend on getting published is a bad idea.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

pretty good id buy that book yeah from what i can tell its good, and if memory serves me right most companies do the editing for you. I mean give it a quick spell check and grammar and send a copy to palladium and u should be fine
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Three years ago, i sent them a 45-page Rifts story i wrote, and I still haven't heard anything back.
too bad too, cuz it was really good. Even people who didn't role-play and had never heard of Rifts thought it was great.
so whatever. :-?
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Navrin wrote:Wendigo, you do not want to submit the entire novel. I can almost guarantee it will not get published if you do. Currently the staff does not have the time to review novels from unknown writers. More than likely, your submission will sit in a pile for a long time and never get published. If you really want any chance, send it in as Rift material chapter by chapter.

Also, you should find an editor privately and not post any material anymore. Because of upcoming licenses, publicly sharing ideas that you intend on getting published is a bad idea.

Yeah, unfortunately I'd have to agree with Navrin here. If you want this to ever see publication then don't post another word of it here.

The publishing business is a cutthroat one to be sure, and the more unscrupulous among us will swipe your stuff in a heartbeat... and if he/she gets it published first, then he/she gets the credit (and money) while you get a big fat nothing. I've seen it happen too many times.

I like what I've read so far though... hopefully the rest will see print and we can finish reading. :ok:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

gadrin wrote:Wendigo if you're interested, you can post your story here...

http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?categoryid=1517

there's a decent Rifts section here.

awesome. i put my rifts story on there. 8)
Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Thank you all for the redirection.

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Wendigo wrote:OK. I have set out to accomplish what I had to. So Chapter one comes off.
Thank you all for you advice and heavy warnings. I will listen too you all. I Have no intentions of posting anymore. I'm sorry to hear that Palladium is not doing more publishing of actual stories as apposed to Game Books.
I really hope that will change with the talks of movie and video game in the works.
I mean GAWD even HALO for X Box has a book.... And we only get three?!?

I hope your novel does get published some day dude. And I wish that the industry wasn't so cutthroat, but like just about any creative industry that's the way it is. There are people out there who will pat you on the back with one hand and steal the manuscript off your desk with the other... and they will not even think twice about it.

And call me overly optimistic if you will, but something tells me we'll see some more Rifts novels once the movie is released. If nothing else, you'll see the book adaptation of the movie.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Return to “Rifts®”