Psyscape and Sixth Sense

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: Psyscape and Sixth Sense

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Kai'Ral wrote:Maybe this has been addressed before, but I am at a loss to find a source.

Psyscape psychics can double the Range and Duration of either their Healing or Sensitive powers (WB 12:Psyscape, p.30).

How does this affect Sixth Sense? Understandably, the range goes to 180'... but do the bonuses now last for the first two rounds of combat?

Yep.

The range is a feature of the use on friend/loved one note, so instead of 90 feet away from the psychic, the friend/loved one can now be up to 180 feet away.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'd say that it would definitely double the range.
Other than that, I might allow a psyscape psychic to double the bonuses during the first round, but I wouldn't allow the bonuses to last through the second round.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Kai'Ral wrote:Hmmm....

A Super Psionic version of Sixth Sense...

Nah. Too munchie.

Maybe not, what about an Advanced Sixth Sense like in Mindwerks? It is more powerful but easier to GM because it is clearly written on what it can and can't do.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Return to “Rifts®”