Rules Questions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

If you want to do something about that, you could always use a house rule stating that the person trying to see through the magic would have to make a save versus spells using the caster's spell strength (and using IQ or ME as a base vs magic instead of PE. That, and a higher level mage compares his spell strength to the lower level caster's and uses the difference as a bonus to his "save."

This is sort of like the 1st edition AD&D version of magic resistance (mages over 10th level could reduce your MR by 5% per additional level difference), and the way they handle the Dispel Magic in both 1st and 2nd edition. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Rules Questions

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Janissary wrote:Palladium seems to be a all or nothing system. For instance you either succeed or you do not. So what happens when they meet?
If a 1st level mage casts see the invisible will he spot the 15th level mage using invisibility simple? how about superior? What about the if one was a GOD and the other a mortal mage? does that make a difference? If a 4th level mind melter is using alter aura will the 10th level cyber Knight using see aura see thru the disguised aura? or will the Knight be fooled? There are no rules for situations like these in the books. Both examples reflect the all or nothing nature of Palladium books. Where is the grey area? Just curious...

some spells do change as you go up levels. look at Armor of Ithan, or Call Lighting.

some don't and for those spells there is no grey area. why should there be?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Re: Rules Questions

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:some don't and for those spells there is no grey area. why should there be?

it would be good for making the game more complicated.
i dunno, some people are into that.

Return to “Rifts®”