Is this possible?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Geronimo wrote:I'd rather have a TW zeppelin. You could mount bigger and badder weapons on the platform.

yeah but one dragon or CS sky cycle runs up on you and it's OH THE HUMANITY!!!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
Geronimo wrote:I'd rather have a TW zeppelin. You could mount bigger and badder weapons on the platform.

yeah but one dragon or CS sky cycle runs up on you and it's OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Not necessarily...you could ensorcel it so that the hydrogen could not combust, or simply use a massive levitation effect. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Crackpot Jones
Wanderer

Unread post by Crackpot Jones »

Borast wrote:yeah but one dragon or CS sky cycle runs up on you and it's OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Not necessarily...you could ensorcel it so that the hydrogen could not combust, or simply use a massive levitation effect. :D[/quote]

You mean, they don't have helium, in the future?

And besides, I'ld use levitate or something instead of gas... then, you'ld really only need the platform... a biiig platform... yeees.... :bandit:

Oh, and before I forget, there were some TW planes mentioned in one of the Rifters, though I forget where.
Shadwell hated all Southerners and, by inference, he was standing at the North Pole. - Good Omens, Page 179, Footnote 4.
Crackpot Jones
Wanderer

Unread post by Crackpot Jones »

MattBaby: Infidel wrote:A TW Battle Barge isn't good enough for you? :p

Who me? Nevaaar! Well... OK... with lots of really big guns, and Gregory peck watching the action from the bridge with a stern face and binoculars.

Anyways, hydrogen isn't really explosive. If it burns, it burns with a clear blue flame, not the roaring orange ones we see spouting out of the Hindenberg. The problem was that they lined the gas chambers with a substance that is now used for solid rocket fuel.

I remember that now... I was aghast when I saw that, like "How could the be so stupid?" but then, I guess they didn't know.
Shadwell hated all Southerners and, by inference, he was standing at the North Pole. - Good Omens, Page 179, Footnote 4.
RoadWarriorFWaNK

i was just joking. :-?
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

you know zeplines wernt a bad idea, from what ive heard there
cheaper to refuel with a littel update in tech I think they could be a feasable way to get around.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Janissary wrote:Anyone ever see the batman epsisode where Rash al Gul used a doubled hulled metal zepplin? He had mounted battle ship cannons to it. It was a rather good episode.

That one took place in the Old West right? With that one-eyed gunslinger as a kind of....semi-Batman who stopped Al Gul. Yeah, that was indeed a cool episode.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

1. Any internal combustion engine can be converted to run off of PPE as per the rules in the main book under Techno-Wizards.
2. A zepplin would probably work well... have it run like a wingboard when on a ley line to conserve fuel and toss in a decent Armor of Ithan spell to keep it from taking direct damage and combusting.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:i was just joking. :-?

I guess we shouldn't mention the TW Titanic...
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
RoadWarriorFWaNK

DarkBrandon wrote:

Only if it involves an intense battle with a giant praying mantis named Celine Dion. cuz that wuld rawk
Slag

Re: Is this possible?

Unread post by Slag »

Krytykyll Hytt wrote:Could someone make a magic World War I aircraft? Like a Sopwith Camel or a SPAD XIII? Could it have its own PPE source rather than work off of the pilot's?

Shouldn't be a problem. Simply modify the gasoline engine into a TW PPE engine ala RMB.

For added fun use the Ironwood spell on your wooden struts to make them MDC, use MDC alloy for the wires, and use MDC fabric ala Urban Warrior armor to make your TW Sopwith a viable weapon for Rifts.

Similar stuff with WW2 aircraft can be read in my Mad Dog Squadron stories (follow the sig link).
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
DarkBrandon wrote:

Only if it involves an intense battle with a giant praying mantis named Celine Dion. cuz that wuld rawk

A giant praying mantis vs a giant mecha-strisand. Winner take all (titanic). Awesome.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.

Return to “Rifts®”