rifts born mutant

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: rifts born mutant

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Shadow wrote:If a muatant had the power of animial metamorphisis (from heros unlimited) would he be able to transform into monsters in that time as long as they are not creatures of magic or supernatural creatures?

yep
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

So you're asking if, say, a cat mutant can turn into a wolf, then yes.

Turn into a monster? No...it is the power of ANIMAL metamorphosis. You can turn into animals only. So, a wolf is ok, a loup-garou(sp) is not. (Ok, that's going a little overboard since you did specifically exclude "supernatual" and creatures of magic," but still... :D )
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Borast wrote:So you're asking if, say, a cat mutant can turn into a wolf, then yes.

Turn into a monster? No...it is the power of ANIMAL metamorphosis. You can turn into animals only. So, a wolf is ok, a loup-garou(sp) is not. (Ok, that's going a little overboard since you did specifically exclude "supernatual" and creatures of magic," but still... :D )

A monster is nothing more than a dangoerous animal
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Borast wrote:So you're asking if, say, a cat mutant can turn into a wolf, then yes.

No, in Palladium rules a monster is an intelligent (even if that intelligence is primitive and animalistic) and unnatural creature that merely has animal-like qualities. The HU power of Animal Metamorphosis only applies to normal natural animals, not monsters.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

No, in Palladium rules a monster is an intelligent (even if that intelligence is primitive and animalistic) and unnatural creature that merely has animal-like qualities. The HU power of Animal Metamorphosis only applies to normal natural animals, not monsters.

dinos are called mosnters even though they're 100% natural and take and do MD

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:dinos are called mosnters even though they're 100% natural and take and do MD

if they were 100% natural then they wouldn't be mega-damage creatures.
they're obviously supernatural.....for some reason....
RoadWarriorFWaNK

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Example. The T-Rex in New West. It is the same darn critter running around all those millions of years ago. Then it is a completely natural animal native to earth. Folks call it a "monster" cause it eats people/cattle/small furry things that say "kupo". One could aruge that the mass difference would pose a problem though.

It cant be a "completely natural animal" because it's a mega-damage creature. On Rifts Earth, only supernatural beings are MD creatures. Pigs, cows, dogs, cats, and humans did not turn MD when the Rifts came. They are natural animals. Dinosaurs are not.
RoadWarriorFWaNK

Shadow wrote:And what about humans from wormwood, they are natural and they are MDC?

they are not natural. they are humans who've evolved from living on Wormwood for thousands of years.
just how psi-stalkers evolved from normal humans who adapted to Rifts Earth, the people of Wormwood have adapted to the harsh magic-rich environment of the Living Planet.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

I guess the key here is for the GM to keep a quart of common sense with him/her as a player character tries to copy animal forms. My rule of thumb is that as long as the animal/monster isn't supernatural in origin (such as a dragon) then it's all good.

However, one little wrinkle we're forgetting is that no matter what form the character takes, he/she still retains his/her S.D.C. and Hit Points... so you can look like a Spiny Ravager, sound like a Spiny Ravager, possibly even rip through things like a Spiny Ravager -- but unless you've got another power that gives you some MDC, you can't take hits like a Spiny Ravager. :demon:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Return to “Rifts®”