James T and archie

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

James T and archie

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

I was reading through my old sourcebook #1 and was wondering.

Whenabouts did James T run into Archie.

Also, he brags about taking down two sploogies with his bare hands?

Is this even possible?
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Shades of Eternity
Immortal

yup, even assuming that he was fighting slavers, that quite a task, even with a really powerful cyborg body.

bare hands, that just isn't plausable, unless he ware refering to the warrior women, and even that, doubtful.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Shades of Eternity
Immortal

ah, the truth...from a certain point of view.

Could archie build such a borg that could take on a fully equiped barge barge and if so, what weapons and equipment (mostly from sourcebook #1)

If not, what would you build the borg to act as quarterback and pick as "backup" based on archie's minions from sourcebook #1?
- Abraham Lincoln

R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Here are my views/opinions on the subject of taking out a slaver.

James T might have once made some wicked hand to hand robot/cyborg/PA style thing that could deal with a slaver and blind warrior women...
Perhaps even a powerful borg in a powerful PA with brutal HtH capabilities.
(Doesn't Archie have access to the tech used to make GB armor?)
It later gets tossed aside because it doesn't look as cool as Hagan's designs.

A huge borg body that had oversized legs, arms and torso, with equally massive robotic PS and hand to hand weapons. Show the blind warrior women the meaning of "rag doll physics", then do the same to the slaver.

Maybe Archie (and James T) know of some "achilles heal" of the slavers defenses (or a secret tech based force field disrupting weapon?)

Borg body and/or PA packing a Shemmarian style rail gun as a rifle. Simply pick off the blind warrior women at a distance, deplete the Slavers own defenses and then move in for the kill.

Last but not least... Perhaps he simply showed up at the end of two different "archie bots vs. slaver" encounters and choked to death already wounded slavers just for kicks... (perhaps having previously told the bots to leave the slaver alive)

Overall, since slavers aren't MDC themselves, once their Armor of Ithan is depleted, there is enough time (15 seconds) for a strong borg to snap its neck or otherwise inflict lethal injury bare handed before the Armor of Ithan can be renewed.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

R Ditto wrote:Overall, since slavers aren't MDC themselves, once their Armor of Ithan is depleted, there is enough time (15 seconds) for a strong borg to snap its neck or otherwise inflict lethal injury bare handed before the Armor of Ithan can be renewed.

Well, remember that the Slavers in SB1 were MDC. So according to SB1, James T killed an MDC creature with his bear hands...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads

Return to “Rifts®”