Throwing

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I can't describe what the things look like, but they have a number of points, unlike a knife.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Do a Google Image Search for an african throwing knife and you'll get several examples.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

check the palladium book of weapons armor and castles. its got more knives than you could shake a stick at. and more sticks than you could throw a knife at. :)
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

here's your info

http://www.tribalmania.com/SARATHROWINGKNIFE.htm

http://www.quine.home.sonic.net/africa.html

http://www.eriksedge.com/CentralKnife.html

also the hunga munga (which is missing color text in the palladium weapon books)
http://www.tribalmania.com/MAFAKNIFE.htm

In a nutshell, these are thrown horizontally and were often banned for being too lethal.

that should help.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Shades of Eternity
Immortal

hee hee, you'll find out next week :D:P
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Shades of Eternity
Immortal

well, there is a reason why guns are more often then not the ranged weapon of choice in the modern era.

Basically the african throwing iron was meant for chopping through pretty much anything non-metal till it got to it's target, and then choped through it too.

It was usually short range (usually 30 feet or so), but usually cleaved whatever it hit.

Personally if you wanted an iron, basically I would make my own. It's cheaper and really not that hard to make.

Just getting the balence down that's the pain.
- Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Rifts®”