Gunslinger Girls

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lantis
Wanderer

Gunslinger Girls

Unread post by Lantis »

Ever the anime fan, I have to point this sucker out.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1257 ... _girl.html

So, given that, how viable do you think a squad of mercenaries like this would be in Rifts Earth? It'd be pretty darn nasty, no?(if at least for the psychological implications.
Knight of the Grand Order
Really REALLY misses Billy-Bob

"Cookies without milk is blasphemy"
"Warm soda and cold pizza.... breakfast of champions!"

"It's never this easy... in a Role Playing Game!"
- Fuu Hououji, Magic Knight Rayearth
Shin Kenshiro

Re: Gunslinger Girls

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Lantis wrote:So, given that, how viable do you think a squad of mercenaries like this would be in Rifts Earth? It'd be pretty darn nasty, no?(if at least for the psychological implications.

Actually, that'd be one DAMN effective squad of mercs when you think about it. I don't think the CS would ever create something like that, but I know they'd LOVE to hire those girls out alot. A bunch of thorough, pitiless, and deliberately designed cute girls who kill. Alot of people think of the CS as pitiless, but there are still a bunch of sympathizers within the CS as well. With this, the CS is free to wipe out whole D-bee towns and it would never be traced back to them, AND they'd be assured no one survived.

And you use a team like that in the new west, Mexico, or other tiny kingdoms....very effective. They'd make a great hit squad as well FOR a small kingdom.

As for creation, just make them full conversion borgs, though give them maybe 1/3 the MDC and the cyber disguises to make them look like teenage girls. No one would think to worry about a group of cute girls. Hell, their targets might try to approach them.

Interesting....I think I have new group of antagonists for my group of PC's
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Hmmm... a non-profit welfare organization has its own squad of bionic 'hit-chicks.'

For some reason, my mind is comfortable with that. And that's the most uncomfortable part of all. :ugh:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Uncle Servo wrote:Hmmm... a non-profit welfare organization has its own squad of bionic 'hit-chicks.'

For some reason, my mind is comfortable with that. And that's the most uncomfortable part of all. :ugh:

keep watching Anime. sooner or later even this feeling that stuff like this should bother you will fade. :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Uncle Servo
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:Hmmm... a non-profit welfare organization has its own squad of bionic 'hit-chicks.'

keep watching Anime. sooner or later even this feeling that stuff like this should bother you will fade. :)

You know, I think I'm going to go home and drag out my copy of Super-Hyper-Mega-Bloody-Ultra-Cosmo Death Extravaganza X-23. For those who have never seen it, it's a simple recipe:

1.) Take a heapin' helpin' of Anime footage...
2.) Take an equally large heapin' helpin' of live action Sci-Fi footage...
3.) Splice it all together so the two genres are at war with each other...
4.) Sit back and enjoy the mindless (but hilarious) hijinks that ensue. (Serves 8-12)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ya know, I've been thinking about this line of your's all day. only one thing to do. . .

sig it :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

Wow, an inocuous post of mine has taken a life of its own. I almost remember why I hung around you guys so long ago.

Its good to be back.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Lantis wrote:Wow, an inocuous post of mine has taken a life of its own. I almost remember why I hung around you guys so long ago.

Its good to be back.

Welcome back, man. :)

Shin Kenshiro

Zylo wrote:Wow. Two weeks of martial art training, eh? I hope none of them get hurt! :eek:

2 months dude....2 months.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

ya know, I've been thinking about this line of your's all day. only one thing to do. . .

sig it :)

:ok:
MooseTaco

Unread post by MooseTaco »

You have the all girl Juicer merc group.....their kinda close to that. Only there's no doubt your butts about to be tied up in ways you don't want it to be. Unless your a crazy!
Uncle Servo
Champion

The Formless One wrote:Seriously, I dunno if I would trust them to be my bodyguard, but I certainly like the idea. Female empowerment is never a bad thing :)

Unless your last name happens to be Bobbitt. :lol:
Shin Kenshiro

I'd like to have them around me as bullet shields more so than bodyguards. Anyone remember Stargate when all those children surrounded the evil guy? Kinda like that. If I could afford bodyguards, I'd hire cute (not sexy) ,tall girls and kids in the 8-10 year old range to just stand around me and soak up potential bullets. The shooter better have a heart of pure blackened steel to make that shot. Otherwise, the real bodyguards will get the drop on him. Sick maybe, but my life is more important than anyone else's in my mind.
Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

MooseTaco wrote:You have the all girl Juicer merc group.....their kinda close to that. Only there's no doubt your butts about to be tied up in ways you don't want it to be. Unless your a crazy!

A group of all girl crazies... now there is an idea!

And Shin Kenshiro, YOUR heart is pure black. Cold man, cold...
(is reminded of a villain from the so called Book of Vile Darkness)

Uncle Servo
Champion

Lynx8882 wrote:
Shin Kenshiro wrote:I'd like to have them around me as bullet shields more so than bodyguards. Anyone remember Stargate when all those children surrounded the evil guy? Kinda like that. If I could afford bodyguards, I'd hire cute (not sexy) ,tall girls and kids in the 8-10 year old range to just stand around me and soak up potential bullets. The shooter better have a heart of pure blackened steel to make that shot. Otherwise, the real bodyguards will get the drop on him. Sick maybe, but my life is more important than anyone else's in my mind.

yea thats it have a group of kids half your size (problly) stand around you so that the shooter has a better chance to hit the "tall one"......yea good luck with that one

Lynx

On the other hand, if you're a midget (or know some really tall kids) then it's a stroke of sheer -- yet dark-hearted -- brilliance.
Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

Or you could simply "augment" yourself to be a cyborg that also resembles a little girl. Though that could be blackhearted in another, much different way.

Shin Kenshiro

Lynx8882 wrote:
Shin Kenshiro wrote:I'd like to have them around me as bullet shields more so than bodyguards. Anyone remember Stargate when all those children surrounded the evil guy? Kinda like that. If I could afford bodyguards, I'd hire cute (not sexy) ,tall girls and kids in the 8-10 year old range to just stand around me and soak up potential bullets. The shooter better have a heart of pure blackened steel to make that shot. Otherwise, the real bodyguards will get the drop on him. Sick maybe, but my life is more important than anyone else's in my mind.

yea thats it have a group of kids half your size (problly) stand around you so that the shooter has a better chance to hit the "tall one"......yea good luck with that one

Lynx

Have you seen how tall kids are getting these days? Besides, when you're in a wheelchair, children get REAL tall, REAL fast. I don't need one, but if I had the money to afford wee lads and lasses for meat shields, you can bet your booty I'm gonna be lazy enough to ride around in a powered wheelchair! I might even have spikes sticking out of it so if I got shot at I could zip out of the area fast...and if I'm lucky enough, have some kiddies stuck to the spikes to provide flailing and noisy shields for me as I make my getaway. Forget "The Italian Job"....you ain't seen a chase seen till you've seen an assassin try to rundown a guy in a wheelchair with a bunch of screaming children stuck to it.

GOD my heart is black. How did my friend put it at work today? Oh yes...."Your karma is blacker than the heart of the Devil himself"
Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

Fidgit wrote:Forget the crazies and cyber-humanoids, try specially made bio-borgs trained from birth! :lol:

Altarian Warrior Women are pretty much as close as it gets. And a TRUE female bio-borg can hardly be called female, now can she? Man those things is UGLY!

Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

Sure, if their form and function still follows that of female. For instance, all of the "Gunslinger Girls" have a human male as their supervisor. And of course, they could have just as easily used young boys. But then again, its probably just an "anime thing".

Of course, when I say a Bio Borg is not trule of any gender I mean that in a "mass of flesh and sprouting disgusting growths" kinda way. I mean, how can you EVER get laid with one of those chest amalgamates?

"Give us a hug...."
"EEEEEEKK!!!"

But I defy you to make a decent bio borg that can still also be sexy. Male OR female. A thousand times I defy you! Mosly just so I can see how one would, but still I defy!

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Lantis wrote:Sure, if their form and function still follows that of female. For instance, all of the "Gunslinger Girls" have a human male as their supervisor. And of course, they could have just as easily used young boys. But then again, its probably just an "anime thing".

Of course, when I say a Bio Borg is not trule of any gender I mean that in a "mass of flesh and sprouting disgusting growths" kinda way. I mean, how can you EVER get laid with one of those chest amalgamates?

"Give us a hug...."
"EEEEEEKK!!!"

But I defy you to make a decent bio borg that can still also be sexy. Male OR female. A thousand times I defy you! Mosly just so I can see how one would, but still I defy!

you don't start to mutate until you have more than 6, so just keep them at six

PB enhanced to the 26. PS increced to 50 and turned supernatural. PE enhanced to 21, PP increased to 21. speed ehnahced to 44 (30 MPH). MDC tranceformed to 200.

so you have a beaurtiful bio-board of either sex who can go toe-to-toe with any supernatural creature or power armor out there.

Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

I don't know about going toe to toe with ANY creature out there. Even the demon moose things from sourcebook 1 could give that so called bio borg a run for their money.

But when I think Bio Borg, I think the Bio Borg OCC(or whatever) from Splynn Dimensional Market. And those things are almost required to be ugly.

However, a bio-engineered super human using the less harmful Bio Wizardry procedures CAN clean up pretty well. I used one of those nasty nasty super men against my players many years ago. Never underestimate 6 arms, bat wings, a poison tail, and enough rune weaponry to shake down a few city blocks. MWAHAHAHA!

but point taken. I maintain that BioBorgs as an OCC still are pretty well required to be ugly.

Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

Oh, he was obvious alrigthy. But his array of armaments, coupled with his deadly fighting skill made him a very formidable opponent, if not outright invincible. This was, of course when we all were first learning RPG's, let alone Rifts, so some people had already acquired a platoon of Glitter Boys, and all spells in existence... so you can kind of see what I was getting at. Still though, I was proud that I could outmunch the best of them!

Shin Kenshiro

WMW the Cute wrote:

I think I might fit the description there.

Remember, you must remain cute and not cross over into sexiness.

Men and women can easily kill a sexy woman...but cute ones are real ***** to pull the trigger on...

Return to “Rifts®”