Gargoyles and Brodkil.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Gargoyles and Brodkil.

Unread post by darthauthor »

My player characters take some prisoner / rescues / befriend. So what do they eat?
Fish?

I had them go fishing for everyone to eat. I thought they were natural born hunters but have no idea how much they eat or need too eat.

Vampires and Psi-stalkers I am clear on. These guys? Triple an adults humans?

Also, can they eat their own?

One player wants to cook and eat Gargoyle meat. Any ideas what it should taste like? Chicken?

How many should an average one feed?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Gargoyles and Brodkil.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I tend towards brodkil and gargoyles being supernatural creatures who do not need to eat, but like to. You might even find they get hungry when deprived of food, but they never weaken or die.

Generally, though, I'd put brodkil at 2-3 times human appetite (though I think I wrote them in the Rifter to be gorgers.... they eat a ton, then don't eat for a while). Gargoyles probably don't eat too much more... they'd be unsustainable if that were true.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Gargoyles and Brodkil.

Unread post by darthauthor »

Thanks for the reply.

Good points.

I don't know if it is a mistake but I try to figure out how much reality I can inject in an adventure.

Most wars are won/lost by attrition. Take out the food/supply lines and the army your fighting runs out of arrows/eclips/food and they neogotate terms of surrender.

Originally the players were in a refugee camp of D-Bees outside of the NGR. After they fought off a Gargoyle / Brodkil slavers the refugees were starving. SO I thought about that Rifter issue on cooking and believed they wouldn't "waste" anything.

Can they eat Gargoyle / Brodkil?

I didn't think of it but After wards I sort of decided yes as food was a Big problem for the camp. Thought, like the joke, I'd say it tasted like chicken, if properly prepared.

Then there was a side quest with a Gargoyle mom returned from a hunt to find her eggs were poached. So she is on the hunt to get them back. The players are in a dilemma where the Gargoyle mom theatens / begs the party for help. Claims her "people" will massacre the camp if the eggs are not returned. So the players side quest is a treasure hunt to find the eggs (decided they were watermelon size).

If successful, the players find the eggs and clues to the one who took them (to eat). Shake things up by seeing reunion with a loving Gargoyle mother and the birth of the eggs. The players have a chance to score some points with the Gargoyle Lord. Make a good impression. They can forage and fish for the Gargoyle baby birds. Even persuade them and the mom to be not at war with the NGR but live away from it all.

Start a new colony (nest) for the Gargoles to meet their needs without plundar or war but challenge enough for purpose and culture. Figured the foundation of any civilization is food and shelter. After that the sophistication begins. Figured they would evolve to greater use of art and technology. Great opportunity for a Rogue Scholar character

Without a hunt or a fight they grow restless and need a challenge to direct their energies. So they would introduce them to Juicer sports and games for the Juicer.

Return to “Rifts®”