Have your games ever included a mad robot villain?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Have your games ever included a mad robot villain?

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Like somebody who wants to be a robot and maybe controls robots?
Like maybe he has tons of cheap small but moderately effective robots to do his evil bidding?
Like maybe he plants to take over the world and turn everyone else into robots? Or kill them all trying?
OHH!! or maybe he's working on super robots! Robots that ARENT small, weak, and disposable! Maybe he's in the process of figuring that out and the heroes have to foil his plot!

Have you ever had a villain like that?

OHHH! GUYS! GUYS GUYS!!
Have you ever let your PC's run a rigger? or a controller?
How did that work out for your campaign?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Have your games ever included a mad robot villain?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Shorty Lickens wrote:Like somebody who wants to be a robot and maybe controls robots?
Like maybe he has tons of cheap small but moderately effective robots to do his evil bidding?
Like maybe he plants to take over the world and turn everyone else into robots? Or kill them all trying?
OHH!! or maybe he's working on super robots! Robots that ARENT small, weak, and disposable! Maybe he's in the process of figuring that out and the heroes have to foil his plot!

Have you ever had a villain like that?

In addition to the ones provided in the books (like Archie and aliens at New Town) I have used a few.
- One villain was creating robot bodies and downloading them with really evil people for minions.
- Another was a part of a quartet of bad guys and he had robots to augment a magical army
- I have had several NPCs (evil, good and in the middle) who were "awakened" robots from CS, Triax, Archie, major cosmetics company and they usually provided an interesting opportunity or three
- My favorite was a hacker that discovered a flaw in skelebot programing that wanted you use them against Xiticix. The problem was it stirred up the hive sending them towards several small communities that were going to be devoured

Robots are really no different then any other minion it just comes down to how interesting the big bad is

Shorty Lickens wrote:OHHH! GUYS! GUYS GUYS!!
Have you ever let your PC's run a rigger? or a controller?
How did that work out for your campaign?

Not sure what these are? Which books are they in?

Smiling_Bandit wrote:I suggested this for a game years ago. The brain of Walt Disney using all the robots and costumes to try to expand his sphere of influence.

Smiling_Bandit - Also suggested a cannibalistic old woman from the Canada book

That is...interesting? Yeah that's the word.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”