Homebrewed O.C.C

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Homebrewed O.C.C

Unread post by Aermas »

First time posting, had an idea for an O.C.C tell me if you hate it.

So Glitterboy Pilots come from a variety of places & backgrounds. There is a strong tradition of inheritance with them too. So if you live around the Magic Zone you're bound to end up with a descended Glitterboy with a spark of magic. These rare individuals still take after their parents & train in the use of the USA-G10 but add a unique edge to their skill set.

No real name for them yet. Going with TW-GB Pilot OCC as a place holder.

>Body of Chrome: The Pilot can bond with any suit he gains bonuses from using Pilot Robot Elite Glitterboy with. This allows a connection with the suit out to 350ft per level. While within this range the pilot can read sensor data as well as activate it remotely, shortening the time it takes to suit up in half. The Pilot cannot activate any weapons, nor pilot/move the suit in any way using this feature. But he may access the suits on board computer.
The Pilot may also channel spells he knows through the suit much like a Techno Wizard can with no penalty.

>Mind of Chrome: M.E. + 2d6 ISP with 1d4 per level. Starts with Telemechanics, Mind Blank, Object Read, & Sixith Sense

>Spirit of Chrome: P.E. + 2d4x10 PPE with 2d6 per level. Starts with Blinding Flash, Breathe Without Air, Electric Arc, Energy Bolt, Energy Field, Fly, Fuel Flame, Globe of Daylight, Ignite Fire, Impervious to Energy, Impervious to Fire, Telekinesis, See the Invisible, Sense Magic, Supernatural Strength.

OCC Skills
Language Native
Literacy: Native
Language: Any
Literacy: Any
Basic Electronics
Basic Mechanics
Land Nav
Pilot: Robots & PA
Pilot: Robot Combat Basic
Pilot: Robot Elite Glitterboy
Radio Basic
Read Sensory Equipment
Weapon Systems
Math Basic
Pilot: Any
Mechanical Engineering
WP E. Pistol
WP Heavy MDC
H2H Basic, upgrade to Expert for 1 Related, upgrade to Martial Arts or Assassin (if evil) for 2 & 3 respectively

OCC Related, choose 5 + 2 at level 3, & +1 at levels 6, 9, & 12
Communication: Any
Cowboy: None
Domestic: Any
Electrical: Any
Espionage: None
Horsemanship: None
Mechanical: Any
Physical: Any except Gymnastics & Acrobatics
Pilot: Any
Pilot Related: Any
Rogue: Any
Science: Any
Technical: Any
WP: Any
Wilderness: Any

Secondary Skills, 2 from above, 2 more at levels, 3,5,8, & 12

Equipment:
Starts with an E Pistol converted to PPE, plus 1d4 Clips, Lightweight non EBA Armor (35 MDC), & a Glitterboy with one TW Enhancement
EliBenedict
Wanderer

Re: Homebrewed O.C.C

Unread post by EliBenedict »

I think this works well. But I'd note you can achieve something almost identical with the RUE Techno-Wizard OCC, as written: you'd use your two OCC pilot akills for Robot Combat Basic, and Robot Combat Elite (Glitter Boy), then take WP Heavy Energy Weapon as an OCC related skill. Under equipment, you get one TW-converted ground based vehicle with one extra magic feature. Technically, a Glitter Boy would qualify. And you could use Telemechanics to get something similar to Body of Chrome effect you wrote up.
Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Re: Homebrewed O.C.C

Unread post by Aermas »

EliBenedict wrote:I think this works well. But I'd note you can achieve something almost identical with the RUE Techno-Wizard OCC, as written: you'd use your two OCC pilot akills for Robot Combat Basic.

I know, but at least for the concept itself I wanted to make it a little more unique/polished. I was making a RW one day & had the realization that the only difference between a TW with the right skills & a GB Pilot was starting starting equipment so I decided to fiddle with things to make this Homebrew

Return to “Rifts®”