Shemarrian Player Character

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

guardiandashi
Hero

Re: Shemarrian Player Character

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I can see several options as to how to handle it.
option 1 Neural intelligence, created by ARCHIE either directly or indirectly, (see pg 15 sourcebook 1 revised 51-60% result)
option 2 AI pretty much standard Shemarrian but as a player.
option 3 Transferred intelligence somehow there is a person in that "shell" (yes I know bad ghost in the shell reference)

depending on the specific chassis used, most of the Shemarrians are going to default to Military skill program see the entry on pg 20, also reference standard skills for the shemarrian chassis used.

the biggest question is to decide if there is some gotchas in the backstory, IE does the char have the standard archie package or was he playing around and "goofed up somehow" does the character have the tracking and self destruct systems standard to archie bots, and does the character have secret programming (subliminal conditioning equivalent, spy or other mission, or are they a discarded (and more or less forgotten about) project of archie.

biggest advantage of NI would be it might have 1 extra skill package that is either already assigned, (or can be added) plus standard learning as listed.

the most likely case is the character was created by archie, but there is a small chance most likely if using the transferred intelligence idea that you somehow ended up in a "salvaged" shemarrian chassis.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The Shemarrian-related fan creations page is, in all honesty, monolithic. Both quality and quantity abound, and have done so for well over a decade. The work taalismn, kronos, Omegasgundam, et al have compiled is a work arguably non-pareil in practically any gaming forum, and I hope those involved are as proud of their achievement as I am for being in a position to bear the smallest of witness.

That said, I have no idea where a good starting point for it would be, nor how much can be applicable to a more standard Rifts campaign where the Shemarrian character is to at least some degree free of outside influence.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Well, she could be hit by lightning while out on patrol, and... Sheena 5 is alive!
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Fenris2020 wrote:Well, she could be hit by lightning while out on patrol, and... Sheena 5 is alive!

"Okay....standing out in a thunderstorm on a Ley line nexus with a long barrel metal rail gun held at present arms wasn't the best idea of mine :thwak: ...."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I will be honest my character Alecia Devreis, was in many ways a Transferred Intelligence shemarrian (sort of)
the story was a little more complicated, as what actually happened was she was rolled up as a humanoid DB with somewhat better than normal stats (as in cybernetic replacements would cap out before meeting her natural stats. ) she also started out with some psyonics (from the random psionics chart) and her OCC was the special forces from rifts mercenaries.

The GM had a random event occur, IE she was fighting using a NG-E4 heavy plasma ejector, and someone hit and damaged it, right as she fired it. the GM decided the weapon breached/misfired and she took damage from the missfire. the details varied a bit... but she lost the left arm at ~the shoulder, the right arm a little before the wrist, and parts of both legs. she also lost the left eye and some additional damage. for some reason Archie 3oz decided to "rescue" her and experiment and he rebuilt her, using a combination of her body, some shemarrion warrior parts as bionics, and a blang neural intelligence processor connected to her brain as effectively a backup/coprocessor for her brain. he also built and gave her a somewhat modified monst rex as a "partner" that ended up with an intelligence that was based on a copy of her mind. there were a few "glitches" in the copy that lead to things like the monst rex personality (that ended up named Megarea) developing some traits like being a bit of a Kleptomaniac and some other issues.

they also ended up getting rifted to all kinds of places and events. I played that character for about 8 years pretty steady, including ~3-5 years of game sessions 3-5 days a week pretty consistently.

Return to “Rifts®”