Vampire Kingdoms Revised

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Vampire Kingdoms Revised

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

Just ordered this book. I have the original one. What did everyone think about it? Was it a decent update?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Vampire Kingdoms Revised

Unread post by Warshield73 »

(SHIFTY) wrote:Just ordered this book. I have the original one. What did everyone think about it? Was it a decent update?

It's been a few years since I read it but I would say yes with a few caveats.

1. It is an update to 109 I believe so some of the world info is advanced. If you want to set a campaign in 102 I would hold on to the original book.

2. The book is expanded and split between it and the Vampire Sourcebook with some of the original information in the SB so you do need both.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Their is some stuff in the old book like the TW anti vampire stuff that I do not think ever got reprinted so I would say hold on to the old book.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Blue_Lion wrote:Their is some stuff in the old book like the TW anti vampire stuff that I do not think ever got reprinted so I would say hold on to the old book.

After reading this I thought I had missed something but I double checked and all of this, and so much more, is in the Vampires Sourcebook.

Thanks for making me look though. I was going nuts looking for the desert travel rules, I thought they were in a new west book, but I found them in Vamp SB.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Warshield73 wrote:I was going nuts looking for the desert travel rules, I thought they were in a new west book, but I found them in Vamp SB.

The suggestion that they be included was specifically one of mine. :ok:
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Braden Campbell wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:I was going nuts looking for the desert travel rules, I thought they were in a new west book, but I found them in Vamp SB.

Good call but this is why we need a seriously revised GMs guide. Get rid of what amounts to big weapons book and put in the travel rules and other things that GMs could use in one handy reference.
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

Warshield73 wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:

Good call but this is why we need a seriously revised GMs guide. Get rid of what amounts to big weapons book and put in the travel rules and other things that GMs could use in one handy reference.

I would love to see a revised GM guide.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

(SHIFTY) wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:

I would love to see a revised GM guide.

I'd love to see a NEW book that covered travel, weather, and so forth.
There's a lot of stuff that could be fleshed out, from "How cast can you drive a Mountaineer through a forest" to "what kinds of papers and such will you need when traveling to strange cities" to "how common are random monster encounters for the average traveler in various regions."
(As long as they don't blow that last one by assuming that anybody traveling outside a city can expect to be attacked every hour or something)

Rates of speed while climbing might also be good, as well as discussions of using waterways, hazards one might encounter while flying, and so forth.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think they take out everything about Circus in it.
Das No Update on Mr Dark,s Circus or Other One.
If ther is a Update on them Please tell in what book,I can fine them?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

gaby wrote:I think they take out everything about Circus in it.
Das No Update on Mr Dark,s Circus or Other One.
If ther is a Update on them Please tell in what book,I can fine them?

Wow I completely missed this in my original read through and my quick review yesterday. Excellent catch.

The creation table for traveling shows is in the Rifts Adventure Guide but the two shows are not anywhere. This would be a great thing for PB to just put together and release as a free or dirt cheap PDF.

Return to “Rifts®”