Automated Rifts Character Sheet Custom Add-Ins

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

carriath
D-Bee

Automated Rifts Character Sheet Custom Add-Ins

Unread post by carriath »

https://youtu.be/Hmq-eMNOfEM

Palladium released an Automated Rifts Character Sheet and it is After The Bomb ™ ! However, it lacks features I have been working on in my own automated character sheet projects. Happily, they left some features open so that players can customize their characters, and I am boldly wielding these features using the skills I have developed in Excel to build in some Add-ins to the sheet. Namely, I have added forms to the sheet that auto-roll characters based on selectable OCC's and RCC's in OCC and RCC lists that I can update from my RIFTS books Library. These then are cell referenced into the customizable "Grey" boxes, and the automated character sheet does the rest. Currently I have two updateable tables that opens a data entry userform using Excel VBA. These allow for the adding of OCC's and RCCs one at a time. Then the autoroll worksheet uses preset formulas to randomly roll each stat in one go. I then use the existing form cells which Palladium left editable to reference the results of those formulas. Two drop down Data Validation lists, indirectly referenced to the RCC and OCC columns, automatically update with each new OCC and RCC added, then allow me to select and autopopulate all Dice Values.

Currently this code will not be made fully public apart from that which I use in the video to demonstrate the concept. It is my hope that it will potentially be of interest and use to Palladium books, and will be integrated into future versions of the Rifts®_Automated_Character_Sheet

My end goal features would include Data Entry Forms for OCC's, RCC's, PCC's, Custom Skills, and maybe equipment lists so that each new book can be added as I go, as well as any custom OCC's that I invent. Ideally the default skills would be populated an OCC Related Skills bonuses would also populate based on the selected OCC. And then to integrate those so that with a few drop downs and clicks a complete NPC can drop on the scene in seconds.

Current time to new character is limited by skill selection, I still have to pick out all skills manually, in the future I only want to pick the ones that are player choice.

The pipe dream version would allow me to scan in all of the stats from the PDF's I purchase on DriveThruRPG, or would include a Batch file to update my lists in the Excel file. It could even be an incentive to re-buy all my physical books in PDF form for rapid entry.
------

To the G.M.
"Wait, even 1 point of M.D.C. will absorb the full effect of a GB Boom Gun? I have the Armor smith print me ten 1 M.D.C. shirts and I wear them layered with t-shirts over my armor."
carriath
D-Bee

Re: Automated Rifts Character Sheet Custom Add-Ins

Unread post by carriath »

A somewhat shallow dive into the coding that makes these Add-Ins work. It is all Microsoft Excel VBA. A full dive will wait on permission from Moderators, and on my free time. I have a great job, and a wonderful wife, and my time belongs to them.

https://youtu.be/U3QWRwMHvfo
------

To the G.M.
"Wait, even 1 point of M.D.C. will absorb the full effect of a GB Boom Gun? I have the Armor smith print me ten 1 M.D.C. shirts and I wear them layered with t-shirts over my armor."
LastFrontiersman
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Automated Rifts Character Sheet Custom Add-Ins

Unread post by LastFrontiersman »

You can use Macros to record each character as you are creating them to add the base character as a re-playable template. Enter a character once, and in the future you can create an NPC of that OCC, RCC, PCC with One click. No kidding.

https://youtu.be/eCYWhvkCLh4

Return to “Rifts®”