New Roll20 Rifts Character Sheet

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

narcissus
Explorer

New Roll20 Rifts Character Sheet

Unread post by narcissus »

Hi folks. I've been working very hard on a new Roll20 Rifts Character sheet over the last few weeks, and it's finally ready for an unveiling / some beta testing. I've created a game here https://app.roll20.net/join/10808035/6Ggogg and added a bunch of test characters. I'd really appreciate anyone jumping in and checking out the sheet and giving me feedback - good or bad. The more testers I get, the more I can improve it.

Once it's stable and I've run through a play test session or two with it, I'll submit it to be a generally available sheet.

Please post any feedback/requests in the Game Discussion on Roll20 so that it's all in one place. Also be sure to check out the Change Log in the Game Discussion to see some of the features that I've implemented.

Thanks!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: New Roll20 Rifts Character Sheet

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Here is a suggestion...

Make it a Character sheet that ALL the PB games can use. Not one just optimized for Rifts.

Call the Character Class window the "Character Class". There are three types of character classes in the PB games.

PS type: This ignores the Ex PS and SHPS that are in the HU PB Game. (why state this? See 1st suggestion.)

Saves....include the 'Perception' bonus. and if you can find them....say which attribute bonus goes with what save.
The torcher save you listed is the save vs Pain. correct this.
There is a difference between lethel and non-lethal poison/toxins. ....I am pointing out the wording for these need the words 'lethal' and 'non-lethal' in the listing so they match what you find in the PB gamebooks.
Fatigue is not saving throw
Illusions....These are typically covered by the vs psi and vs magic saves
Coma/death is a percentage die roll.

You should put Spells, Psionics powers, WPs,skills, and weapons into the test sheets so it can be seen how they look.

Please post any feedback/requests in the Game Discussion on Roll20 so that it's all in one place. Also be sure to check out the Change Log in the Game Discussion to see some of the features that I've implemented.

Here is a good place to place a link to said comment page.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Make it a Character sheet that ALL the PB games can use. Not one just optimized for Rifts.

This isn't impossible, but that would make for a really complicated sheet.
narcissus
Explorer

All great suggestions drewkitty. I've implemented some and updated the sheet.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Make it a Character sheet that ALL the PB games can use. Not one just optimized for Rifts.
PS type: This ignores the Ex PS and SHPS that are in the HU PB Game. (why state this? See 1st suggestion.)

This might happen eventually, but I want to get the Rifts one done first and out the door. At that point, if someone wants to feed me some info on what else needs to be added to make it Megaversal, I'll probably be ok doing it. I just don't want to do all the research, or delay getting the Rifts one out the door unnecessarily.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Call the Character Class window the "Character Class". There are three types of character classes in the PB games.
Saves....include the 'Perception' bonus. and if you can find them....say which attribute bonus goes with what save.
The torcher save you listed is the save vs Pain. correct this.
There is a difference between lethel and non-lethal poison/toxins. ....I am pointing out the wording for these need the words 'lethal' and 'non-lethal' in the listing so they match what you find in the PB gamebooks.
Fatigue is not saving throw

Done.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Coma/death is a percentage die roll.

It should have already been rolling a percentage. Can you tell me where it's not?

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:You should put Spells, Psionics powers, WPs,skills, and weapons into the test sheets so it can be seen how they look.
Illusions....These are typically covered by the vs psi and vs magic saves

I created a sample character AAA SAMPLE 1 - a Dog Boy Glitter Boy pilot, so that you can see how a bunch of different things including Psionics can aggregate. Magic works exactly the same.

Here is a good place to place a link to said comment page.

Sure. It's at the bottom of the game landing page - Recent Game Discussion. https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/detail ... sheet-test
narcissus
Explorer

Paratroopers get "+3 to save vs psionics, insanity and torture". I realize that Torture isn't a thing that has a hard saving throw listed, but if something gets a bonus against it, shouldn't it be an available option in the sheet?
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

narcissus wrote:Paratroopers get "+3 to save vs psionics, insanity and torture". I realize that Torture isn't a thing that has a hard saving throw listed, but if something gets a bonus against it, shouldn't it be an available option in the sheet?

I feel I should preface this by saying that I don't play Rifts and have no intention of ever playing Rifts, so what is done in this sheet is very unlikely to affect me one way or another.

My feeling is that saving throw labels have unnecessarily proliferated. Just take poison (lethal) and disease. The only reason they were split off was the label, because they have the same base target number and use the same bonuses to arrive at a roll result. Personally, I am perfectly fine seeing these as the resistance of the body, and don't see the need for having 2 separate rolls. But now there is the saving throw against drugs which is arbitrarily one higher, and then another step up in target number for poison (non-lethal). Then people are splitting off even more physical resistance things like pain, torture, or splitting spell magic into categories so that there are specific saving throws labeled for different types of magic. If you start splitting off to things that aren't the base saving throws, then you will open yourself up to everyone wanting you to add any save to the list that they have come up with. If you are adding your own categories, you have little reason to turn down everything others come up with. If you are fine with that, go for it.

My suggestion (whether or not you limit the saving throw buttons to what there is in the book) would be a notes field that gets posted to chat with all the saving throws. Well, it probably wouldn't need to be included in Coma/Death or Horror Factor rolls, but the point of this field would be to post the reminder for situational modifiers like that. What if someone imports a diabolist from the fantasy books and activates protection from hate? I haven't checked to see if 2E is the same, but in 1E that provides "+2 vs mind/mood altering magic". It obviously isn't something that you want to globally apply to all magic saves, but it would be good to have that reminder printed to chat to be sure it is added in at the times that it applies. The paratrooper bonus vs torture could go in this note section while the other 2 bonuses would be directly added to those 2 particular roll modifiers.

Return to “Rifts®”