Jungle Elves and OCCs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Jungle Elves and OCCs

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Jungle Elves from South America 1 start off with fairly good PPE and ISP scores, but do they get added to the PPE and ISP that your chosen OCC gives you?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
narcissus
Explorer

Re: Jungle Elves and OCCs

Unread post by narcissus »

I would definitely treat it that way for PPE. For ISP I might be inclined to go with whichever is higher if they select a psychic class, but I'd probably just rule that they can be combined. It's not game breaking to have an extra 1D4x10 ISP.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Technically no. Not unless the race stats actually say to add them to the magic OCC or the PCC.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Due to non-standardized editing across books containing the different varieties of Elves (Base, which adds P.P.E.: PFRPG/CB1; Star, which doesn't:DB5; High, from a book often lacking P.P.E. entries:CB2) one could make an argument for pooling native and O.C.C. points, but that it isn't directly stated means some people won't ever be cool with it.

If it's useful, HarleeKnight, I began a non-exhaustive list of which species of being explicitly add a class' P.P.E. to a native total. I don't think anyone's done that for I.S.P., which would be another nice thing to have.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Unless it says to add a PPE amount to a class (like the Elves which Curb pointed out) I'd say let them keep the racial pool but don't let them draw on it directly for magic. Treat it like the PPE of some sidekick always on your person?

If you're of a magic class that can steal PPE from others then maybe allow you to steal PPE from that pool at the same slow rate of 1D4 per second, making it only useful at casting minor spells and not large ones.

There's probably some FAQ somewhere about replacing racial PPE with class PPE but I can't remember where and that's also feelsbadman
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Axelmania wrote:If you're of a magic class that can steal PPE from others ...

Mages, magic users that use the "Magic Sciences" (as described in the front of the PF2 MOM1 book,) the char will have the ability to draw PPE out of non-magic users.

Those that have intuitive magics or granted magics (which described in the front of the PF2 MOM1 book [mystics of all sorts, priests, witches, warlocks, etc...,) don't have any ability to draw PPE out pf non-magic user, without going through a blood letting ceremony.

Note that it is only in the RUE core book that the person the PPE is being drawn out of has to be aware of what is being done. All other games the person will most times be blissfully unaware that the Mage is harvesting their refillable PPE.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

of course the 'willing subject lends' policy tends to be more open-ended, like being able to borrow from fellow mages

Return to “Rifts®”