Hell Pits?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prodigy
Explorer

Hell Pits?

Unread post by Prodigy »

There is a book, can’t remember if it is a Ritter, Dimension or other, that described being sent to hell and returning. The visit offered a seemingly permanent enhancement and penalty should a character survive the visit. Can anyone help?!
sine yo pity on da runny kind
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Hell Pits?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

From a PB gamebook........I don't remember if the is text that covers this.

If there is text that says this, it most probably is in Armageddon Unlimited. The Rifts Book with HU conversions.

Spoiler:
The was a novel Titled 'Nightseer' by Laurell K. Hamelton where this happed to the half-elf main character.
https://www.laurellkhamilton.com/book_series/nightseer/
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

One thing, Prodigy, that this might refer to is the entry for the Bio-Vats of Diabolus (Dimension Book 11: Dyval-Hell Unleashed, pages 124-126), wherein being exposed to one results in a bit of a crap shoot of reactions. A similar effect, though less infernal, is found with those rescued from a Soul Forge as seen in the Rifts Vampire Sourcebook, pages 125-127.

That the page numbers are similar makes me wish there were some creepy numerological underpinning one could ascribe. I could see a game somehow involving 5[sup]3[/sup] as being hell-touched.
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

Curbludgeon wrote:One thing, Prodigy, that this might refer to is the entry for the Bio-Vats of Diabolus (Dimension Book 11: Dyval-Hell Unleashed, pages 124-126), wherein being exposed to one results in a bit of a crap shoot of reactions. A similar effect, though less infernal, is found with those rescued from a Soul Forge as seen in the Rifts Vampire Sourcebook, pages 125-127.

That the page numbers are similar makes me wish there were some creepy numerological underpinning one could ascribe. I could see a game somehow involving 5[sup]3[/sup] as being hell-touched.

Holy freakin’ come these are EXACTLY what I have been looking for! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
sine yo pity on da runny kind

Return to “Rifts®”