Coalition Mutant Animals

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sambot
Adventurer

Coalition Mutant Animals

Unread post by Sambot »

Apologies if this has been asked before but I've got a couple questions about mutant animals in the Coalition States Military/Police. I could have just missed it or the info I'm looking for just isn't available.

The first is how do mutant animals fit into the CS military? Dog Boys are pretty well covered but what about the other animals? Outside of lone hunters, do I just replace Dog Boys with them on a one for one basis? So out of a platoon one squad could be Dog Boys, another one Cat Girls, and another one a mix of animals? It's how we've done it in the past but is there an official answer?

The second is how has the Siege on Tolkeen and the Minion War changed things for non CS Mutant Animals? I'm especially curious about the other animal types, and the experiments mentioned in Conversion Book 1. I'm pretty sure production of Dog Boys got ramped up but what about the other animal types? What about animal types that, outside of Bio-System experiments, hadn't been inducted into the military? Could we see platoons of CS Bionic Mutant Hamsters charging at Deevils and Demons? Mutant Dinosaurs as heavy weapons troops? Mutant Turtle Commandos? Mutant Beavers in the Navy? I know I can do what I want in my own games but I'm wondering about officially.

The third question, is other than Dog Boys, which animals can go to the various advanced training schools?

Thanks
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Coalition Mutant Animals

Unread post by Orin J. »

everything outside of the dog boys seems to pretty much be experimentals without intent for mass-production, so they're just organized under the same system as the dog boys.

the CS is probably just entirely unwilling to risk making a potentially viable external population of mutant animals that don't have the innate loyalty the dog boys have out of fear of a cival war problem. which makes sense from their rather miserable logic.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Sambot wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before but I've got a couple questions about mutant animals in the Coalition States Military/Police. I could have just missed it or the info I'm looking for just isn't available.

The first is how do mutant animals fit into the CS military? Dog Boys are pretty well covered but what about the other animals? Outside of lone hunters, do I just replace Dog Boys with them on a one for one basis? So out of a platoon one squad could be Dog Boys, another one Cat Girls, and another one a mix of animals? It's how we've done it in the past but is there an official answer?

The second is how has the Siege on Tolkeen and the Minion War changed things for non CS Mutant Animals? I'm especially curious about the other animal types, and the experiments mentioned in Conversion Book 1. I'm pretty sure production of Dog Boys got ramped up but what about the other animal types? What about animal types that, outside of Bio-System experiments, hadn't been inducted into the military? Could we see platoons of CS Bionic Mutant Hamsters charging at Deevils and Demons? Mutant Dinosaurs as heavy weapons troops? Mutant Turtle Commandos? Mutant Beavers in the Navy? I know I can do what I want in my own games but I'm wondering about officially.

The third question, is other than Dog Boys, which animals can go to the various advanced training schools?

Thanks

My reading of the lone star book, and war campaign really comes down to Dog boys are the only mutant animals really mass produced via a combination of genetic engineering, and breeding programs.

with that said pretty much all other mutant animals are limited production of course your definition of limited production vs the coalitions definition may not be in the same category. I do get the impression that their definition of "limited production" might be up to thousands, possibly even 10's of thousands but I doubt 100,000 really qualifies. it really depends on how many growth cylinders (artificial wombs) they have.
as to training programs, it really seemed that they had 2 tracks. a "standard training program" if they make a "lot" of something I am going to guess the cutoff being somewhere between 100, and 1000 and essentially dropping them into a "regular" OCC/MOS if there are fewer for example lets say you make 30 "cat" mutant animals, some of them are going to get essentially dog boy/grunt training. some are going to get various special forces/commando style training etc. to see where they really shine. I think there may even be a special taylored training program such as the kill hounds, and kill cats. I also got the understanding that a lot of the monkey mutants got mechanic/technician type training.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Thanks guys.

I guess I do swap Dog Boys out for other mutant animals. It would be nice to know how things are going concerning CS Mutant Animals though. There's 10 years in universe during which a lot has changed for the Coalition and it's military. I suppose the other mutant animals got missed though. It'd be nice if they got an update.

So far it looks like Battle Cats are a success. They number in the thousands and do have more OCC options in WB1.
Kill Cats look like a Success.
Ursa - Warriors look promising.
Mini-Monkey Spies - are listed as a complete success.
Monkey Boys - They seem to be a success but the CS Authorities still aren't sure about them.
Mutant Rats have been discontinued. Probably too successful.
Mutant Rats have also been discontinued. I do wonder if that might be reversed since they get along well with others and are good at night guard duty.
Others are apparently still experimental.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Short version, We've not heard many new details about the mutant animals after Lone Star.
We do know that during the Tolkeen war they ramped up production of the dog boys and pumped out like a million of them.

But the details you're looking fore aren't really out there.

There is some hope though, Rifts Manhunters is supposed to have specific information on some Dog boys and dog boy OCCs in the Manhunters groups and they might have stuff on the other breeds as well.

But considering it's..... shall we call it... 'pace of completion'.... it's publication is... unknown at this juncture. Could be a month. Could be 6 months. No one knows.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

No info is a bummer. And you're probably right about how fast new books will be out. :( I wish otherwise though.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

*shrug* better to let it be a bummer now than to convince yourself that palladium is suddenly going to produce things at 10 times their normal speed and get progressively more angry about it as time goes on.

I mean, I get that palladium always thinks they're going to do that. and it is confusing to me that kevin continues to expect it, and to say it. but it is also confusing that so many other people *also* seem to expect it to happen.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

I'm not sure I could convince myself they could produce books that quickly.

I would say that's it's because Kevin is very optimisticly optimistic.

Return to “Rifts®”