Looking for city info

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

devilbune2
D-Bee

Looking for city info

Unread post by devilbune2 »

Is there more information on New Quito (Empire of the Sun) in any books besides SA2?
Error 404:
Your haiku could not be found.
Try again later.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Looking for city info

Unread post by Orin J. »

i don't think anything touches on south america's nations seperetely outside of those two books. it's very strongly avoided.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The only other book that might have something on South America would be "Coalition Wars #7: Aftermath", but I can not confirm that or how much if any information is really in the book (I don't own it). Another chance might also exist in one of the Minion War Books for Rifts IF it covers regions beyond NA (again I do not own the book).
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Aftermath has a seven paragraph section on the EotS, but doesn't state anything new. Megaverse in Flames has a couple of sentences about how the Hell Lord in Mexico is thinking about sending spies to South America. I didn't see anything in a quick skim of the Vampire Sourcebook but there might be a sentence somewhere. An "optional" article in Rifter 56 discusses ther Arkhon in orbit, and their limited communication with forces on Earth.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Orin J. wrote:i don't think anything touches on south america's nations seperetely outside of those two books. it's very strongly avoided.

Which is a real shame, the 2 S.A. books and well all of C.J.'s books were some of the best and most original ever made for Rift's. It's a shame that more were not produced. I would have really like to see what his version of California would have been like. OH well... back to working on my own version :>

Emerald 8)
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

It may not fit with the rest of what everyone else is running, but creating your own aspects of Rifts Earth locations is part of the fun of role-playing.

Having players who know everything there is about a location their characters haven't heard about can be boring when they blur the lines between player/character knowledge.

Throw a curve once in a while by expanding territories or rifting in creatures who should have no reason to be in that area.

An old GM used to say; "It's called RIFTS, dumb-ass! How do you think they got there?!?"
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!

Return to “Rifts®”