ID this character

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tags668
D-Bee

ID this character

Unread post by Tags668 »

Plotting a new character for an upcoming Merc campaign, so I was flipping through the Lone Star Book
and once again I come across some character art which sparks a discussion between myself and my wife.

Page 137 of Lone Star

Does anyone know what this character is supposed to be? I am thinking mutant Hedgehog though that
would seem an odd path of experimentation even for Dr. Bradford.
narcissus
Explorer

Re: ID this character

Unread post by narcissus »

I'd go with Prehensile-tailed porcupine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehensil ... _porcupine
Tags668
D-Bee

Unread post by Tags668 »

narcissus wrote:I'd go with Prehensile-tailed porcupine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehensil ... _porcupine

Looks about right. Wonder what kind of abilities such a mutant animal would have.
narcissus
Explorer

Unread post by narcissus »

After the Bomb: Mutants of the Yucatan has specs for a Tree Porcupine which has a prehensile tail. Not sure how you'd convert that to Rifts mutant animals, but it's a starting point.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The snout differences between other animals with spines, combined with how pre-Cataclysm transgenic experimentation was largely a Central/South American thing, lead me to agree with Tree Porcupine. Basing it off of the Mutants of the Yucatan stats, I'd say that picture has Full Hands/Speech/Biped, a Partial Looks that varies from the book, a Prehensile Tail, a 5 point lesser version of Quill Defense that doesn't give A.R. or S.D.C., and is size level 8. If you'd rather make the species slight at size level 7 (maximum 100 pounds) you could add Enhanced Hearing or Smell.

Return to “Rifts®”