Collection of ancient RIFTS & pre-Rifts texts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rifter_GM
D-Bee
Comment: Our future is a mystery, our destiny is to live in the imagination.

Collection of ancient RIFTS & pre-Rifts texts?

Unread post by Rifter_GM »

Greetings, rifters. I am searching for a sourcebook that may not exist, but if there is one, hopefully you can help point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to find a collection of magic tomes or ancient books that might be very valuable on Rifts earth. I have an ISS spy who traveled through South and Central America as well as Atlantis gathering items and tomes. I'm just not certain what he found yet.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Collection of ancient RIFTS & pre-Rifts texts?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

A suggestion: Look up national libraries for counties he is travelling to. If he's going to be in the Lima area, he might find some resources at the old Biblioteca Nacional del Perú. If he's in Belize, try the Leo Bradley Library. National Libraries tend to have a fair amount of esoteric stuff, so they might have a secret collection of magical texts.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
guardiandashi
Hero

Re: Collection of ancient RIFTS & pre-Rifts texts?

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I would likely start by looking up RPG, and historical /fantasy "magic" books, and "magic" items, this would be IMO a way to come up with some of the magical tombs and items.

for historical things I would start with things that make sense you can check any library if you want to randomize it, I would break down the library by subjects such as reference, nonfiction, fiction children, young adult etc etc. then after you have these sections, rolling a D100-D1000 to get more specific. such as Encyclopedia Britannica, (language) book or letter section, and year of printing. etc. the point is you don't want to necessarily make any or all of the book collection too valuable but having it all be totally worthless isn't reasonable either. as a "gag gift" one that wouldn't be super useful, but might be hilarious from a certain point of view would be a shop manual for the car (or vehicle) the person running the character has would IMO be funny as heck.

Return to “Rifts®”